Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

jcd5971 wrote: »
    yep 100% agree with this sentiment

So me mentioning in a bargain alert thread about a deal is trolling :confused:

Have you not read the post history of the above user. Its very interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Have you not read the post history of the above user. Its very interesting to say the least.

Yepp . Here's the " poor ole innocent me " tactic again .

Anyone who is even half acquainted with your style of posting in the Playstation sections can read the rest of that thread in the bargains section I linked to and see the same ole pattern again .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

no you being sarcastic in a bargain alert thread...

also he was trolling xbox id agree there, but here`s the thing 90% of your posts are baiting arguments.

I was agreeing with his sentiment of banning you from playstation forums

no you being sarcastic in a bargain alert thread...

also he was trolling xbox id agree there, but here`s the thing 90% of your posts are baiting arguments.

I was agreeing with his sentiment of banning you from playstation forums
    Do you not think that people need to look at themselves and wonder why they are reacting a certain way when there isn't even anything insulting mentioned. Also I never make personal insults but get many of them for sharing my opinion as you have seen.

For some reason people here want to divide us into an Xbox camp or PlayStation camp or PC camp.

I own every last one of them. I am a very keen gamer and I have an interest in all platforms including VR (however I did sell my HTC Vive recently) I own the PS4, the Xbox One S and a powerful gaming PC.

Banning people because you don't like what they have to say is just designed to silence criticism. The funny part is all these posts mentioned I say absolutely nothing that should be considered offensive in any way.

Lately due to a mid generation refresh from Sony and Microsoft we are seeing a massive reduction in the cost of PS4 and Xbox meaning its more accessible to be on both platforms now. I think in the Sony forum you'll need to get used to people who may not have been in your circle expressing opinions that might not align with your own.

Honestly I think people need to stop being so sensitive because soon the Sony forum will see an influx of players who also own an Xbox One and other platforms. I whole heartily disagree with the idea of segregation. I think we can already see that it just leads to the building of us vs them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So with me having the 2 Step set up since it came out, i should be okay for these recent hacks then yeah?

I never leave payment details on my account longer then I need but do have a lot of downloaded games and wouldn't like to be losing that account at all :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    So with me having the 2 Step set up since it came out, i should be okay for these recent hacks then yeah?

I never leave payment details on my account longer then I need but do have a lot of downloaded games and wouldn't like to be losing that account at all :pac:

Just don't leave your phone near any would-be hackers and you should be fine... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Do you not think that people need to look at themselves.

yes you do

For some reason people here want to divide us into an Xbox camp or PlayStation camp or PC camp.

your one of the worst on boards for this. I still remember the fiasco you caused during e3 2 seperate threads were ruined with you blatant trolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Peace, free love and flowers lad's, let's enjoy our console's, be them Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo or Sega Dreamcast 2s... (imagine!)

Now excuse me while I find the bigger fatter electricity socket on my Pro... :)

yes you do

your one of the worst on boards for this. I still remember the fiasco you caused during e3 2 seperate threads were ruined with you blatant trolling

So apparently I caused some fiasco at E3 last year :confused:

How did I cause this exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fieldog wrote: »
    Peace, free love and flowers lad's, let's enjoy our console's, be them Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo or Sega Dreamcast 2s... (imagine!)

Now excuse me while I find the bigger fatter electricity socket on my Pro... :)

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So how about them PS4s?

So any word on the differences between Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 as opposed to the Pro? I want to get it but no interest in Pro

• CastorTroy wrote: »
    So how about them PS4s?

So any word on the differences between Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 as opposed to the Pro? I want to get it but no interest in Pro

60fps and HDR compatible. 4K upscaled res I think.
    Digital foundry has a piece on it if I'm not mistaken

• SeanHarty wrote: »
    You sound like a right **** failsafe

Great how you continue to get away with insulting posters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nobody denied any accounts been hacked it's the source of the hack that's not known here remember!

I have received a few notifications of a few login attempts on my PSN account, and i am certain, and i mean certain, that the email address associated is used for only four accounts, all gaming related and three of the four have extra security measures.

One of the lads i work with, his brother had his account stolen and funds to the tune of €220 spent, and he has the email used in two places, that's all.

PSN has security issues, and that can't be denied.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    You sound like a right **** failsafe

You come off real classy lad, real classy.

• ibFoxer wrote: »
    I have received a few notifications of a few login attempts on my PSN account, and i am certain, and i mean certain, that the email address associated is used for only four accounts, all gaming related and three of the four have extra security measures.

One of the lads i work with, his brother had his account stolen and funds to the tune of €220 spent, and he has the email used in two places, that's all.

PSN has security issues, and that can't be denied.
    Some people can't handle the possibility that PSN has issues.
    It's amazing the lengths people are willing to go and defend a service they are paying for anyway.
    Alot of my hard earned cash spent on PSN since the early PS3 days. My card was compromised in the first hacking scandal and money was taken. Not nice. So yes I'm skeptical of the service since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Jesus lads could ya get anymore of your bum buddies to join in?

And I never said I'm classy lad, but at least I'm not pretending to be something I'm not.

Your clearly coming on here to troll and when someone calls ya out ya play all innocent.

Get back in your box kid.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Some people can't handle the possibility that PSN has issues.
    It's amazing the lengths people are willing to go and defend a service they are paying for anyway.
    Alot of my hard earned cash spent on PSN since the early PS3 days. My card was compromised in the first hacking scandal and money was taken. Not nice. So yes I'm skeptical of the service since then.

I had a Playstation all the way from PS1 to PS3, and until recently had a PS Vita and a PS4- varying iterations of the different consoles.

I have also had an Xbox since the Original, right through several iterations of both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

It is my opinion based on experience, that PSN is a shambles, security and stability wise, and while i have been very lucky to have never been hacked, attempts have been made. I find it interesting that i have never had any notification or any inkling that my Xbox/Microsoft account has been compromised or had an attempt on it made.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Jesus lads could ya get anymore of your bum buddies to join in?

And I never said I'm classy lad, but at least I'm not pretending to be something I'm not.

Your clearly coming on here to troll and when someone calls ya out ya play all innocent.

Get back in your box kid.

Good lord :rolleyes: Back down child.

Also, i have every right to be here, i maintain an active PS+ account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He's been banned. No need to reply to him.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    He's been banned. No need to reply to him.

Not sure who you mean brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Next two people to argue will have to wear one of these

getalong.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    60fps and HDR compatible. 4K upscaled res I think.
    Digital foundry has a piece on it if I'm not mistaken

Just meant any differences with actual gameplay or features. Like are we talking just visuals and framerate or is it N64 memory expansion type differences where some features aren't available

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just meant any differences with actual gameplay or features. Like are we talking just visuals and framerate or is it N64 memory expansion type differences where some features aren't available
    I actually found a N64 memory expansion pack the other day while cleaning. Brought back some great memories.

• CastorTroy wrote: »

I'm not sure about content. Assume all previous dlc is included as per Xbox release last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I know I'm about 3 years too late, but I just played Journey for the first time after picking it up on PS+ a few months back. Holy sh*t, what a truly fantastic game. I went into it completely blind with no idea of what the gameplay was like. And I had no idea what was happening when I saw someone else in my game. Had no idea it was multiplayer, and it was integrated so well into it.

An amazing experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Penn wrote: »
    I know I'm about 3 years too late, but I just played Journey for the first time after picking it up on PS+ a few months back. Holy sh*t, what a truly fantastic game. I went into it completely blind with no idea of what the gameplay was like. And I had no idea what was happening when I saw someone else in my game. Had no idea it was multiplayer, and it was integrated so well into it.

An amazing experience.

I'm looking forward to playing it next month when I have a bit more time off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to playing it next month when I have a bit more time off work.

You can get it finished easily in under 3 hours, but it is a fantastic experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Xenji wrote: »
    You can get it finished easily in under 3 hours, but it is a fantastic experience.

Yeah but getting 3 hours that isn't playing destiny is hard to come by haha ah a full day off and I'll squeeze that and another game in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

R6 Siege is free to play this weekend and game discounted to €19.99 for Plus members

I haven't played it in a while due to BF1/Titanfall 2, but it really is an incredible tactical FPS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement