Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Tried the STEEP beta last night, for a beta it works quite well compared to others I've seen. The jump button (R2) is still getting me as I'm used to SSX and Cool Boarders having X as Jump, but otherwise it seems to work well. I didn't get to try any multiplayer stuff yet but the single player content is there and works well. Feels a bit bare which is probably due to it being a Beta. Wingsuit stuff works well though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah but getting 3 hours that isn't playing destiny is hard to come by haha ah a full day off and I'll squeeze that and another game in.

It's worth it. Give up that auld Destiny arse for 3 hours and then come back and thank us!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's worth it. Give up that auld Destiny arse for 3 hours and then come back and thank us!

Ah its all good man, I have a month or so off coming up and have this as part of my during the day play games :D

I will pop a post up when Im off looking for peoples opinions on which games to play during my time off as I have so many in my backlog haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

maximoose wrote: »
    R6 Siege is free to play this weekend and game discounted to €19.99 for Plus members

I haven't played it in a while due to BF1/Titanfall 2, but it really is an incredible tactical FPS.
    Great game. Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assume it's only the multiplayer that's free?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I assume it's only the multiplayer that's free?
    Rainbow 6 is a multiplayer only game. There is no campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,457 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rainbow 6 is a multiplayer only game. There is no campaign.

There is single player content, your post is just flat out wrong. There's around 10 missions with no plot, but there's a nice mix of objectives. Getting three stars on each one will take a decent amount of time to do.

I doubt it'll be included in the free weekend version though CastorTroy, but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Penn wrote: »
    I know I'm about 3 years too late, but I just played Journey for the first time after picking it up on PS+ a few months back. Holy sh*t, what a truly fantastic game. I went into it completely blind with no idea of what the gameplay was like. And I had no idea what was happening when I saw someone else in my game. Had no idea it was multiplayer, and it was integrated so well into it.

An amazing experience.
    its multiplayer :-0? I played it about 2-3 months ago, wasn't that impressed personally but didn't see anything multiplayer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

The solo missions are a glorified tutorial at best. 3 starring is fairly handy too.

It's alllll about the MP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

iamtony wrote: »
    its multiplayer :-0? I played it about 2-3 months ago, wasn't that impressed personally but didn't see anything multiplayer?

If you haven't played Journey but are planning to, look away now:
    When you play the game, you'll see other little characters like yours, none are AI, they are all players who are enjoying the game also. You can't speak to each other, but people usually end up finding a way to communicate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,457 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

maximoose wrote: »
    The solo missions are a glorified tutorial at best. 3 starring is fairly handy too.

It's alllll about the MP.

It is all about the MP indeed, but he said there was no single player content, which was 100% wrong. Online is unquestionably where all the fun is! :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    There is single player content, your post is just flat out wrong. There's around 10 missions with no plot, but there's a nice mix of objectives. Getting three stars on each one will take a decent amount of time to do.

I doubt it'll be included in the free weekend version though CastorTroy, but you never know.
    Ah sure what would I know. I only have hundreds of hours clocked playing it and play it competitively :rolleyes:

Situations is just quick multiplayer training to help players grasp the mechanics of the game and introduce you to the original operators. You'll finish them in a few minutes and yes you will have access to these.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Haven't been able to access my account since Wednesday.

I enter my email and password and I get a message that my account has "temporarily suspended"

Tried to call customer service an they say they are busy ant to waif 30 min on the line.

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Haven't been able to access my account since Wednesday.

I enter my email and password and I get a message that my account has "temporarily suspended"

Tried to call customer service an they say they are busy ant to waif 30 min on the line.

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is this TV worth getting for the price?... Bare in mind I do not plan on spending much more for a TV just yet and would rather have a nice cheap one to do me a while before getting a more expensive one...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4487605/Trail/searchtext%3E4K.htm

Also saw a 32inch in a place up the road think it is only HD though for 199euro...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is this TV worth getting for the price?... Bare in mind I do not plan on spending much more for a TV just yet and would rather have a nice cheap one to do me a while before getting a more expensive one...

Also saw a 32inch in a place up the road think it is only HD though for 199euro...

Well it's not HDR but it's insane that a 4K TV is that price.

Varik wrote: »
    Well it's not HDR but it's insane that a 4K TV is that price.

HDR is what you need to improve visuals with PS Pro is it?... I don't think I will get a pro or have the money for a HDR TV for at least another year or so... May have the money for the Pro however but will probably get it after Christmas or when bundles are released...

Would it be worth a shot at that TV for 344euro surely you can't go wrong?

HDR is what you need to improve visuals with PS Pro is it?... I don't think I will get a pro or have the money for a HDR TV for at least another year or so... May have the money for the Pro however but will probably get it after Christmas or when bundles are released...

Don't if you should or not.

HDR is on the current PS4 since they updated it as well as the Pro but opinion may vary on if it's worth it or not, personally wouldn't get a TV without HDR now.

Some cheaper TV will still have 4k and HDR but they might not be the best overall or have high input lag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Save your money for the moment and get yourself a nice HDR 4K tv in the new year. Prices are dropping handily enough. Be a waste of money to get a cheap one now and another soon enough surely?

Decent LG one here for example.

I'm doing the same as yourself, waiting until after Christmas. Will give myself a nice present of tv and Pro bundle... if I can afford it of course :p

Glico Man wrote: »
    Save your money for the moment and get yourself a nice HDR 4K tv in the new year. Prices are dropping handily enough. Be a waste of money to get a cheap one now and another soon enough surely?

I'm doing the same as yourself, waiting until after Christmas. Will give myself a nice present of tv and Pro bundle... if I can afford it of course :p

You have any stats on that, input lag seems high; finding in and around 70ms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Varik wrote: »
    You have any stats on that, input lag seems high; finding in and around 70ms.

Afraid not, and ouch, that is high. It was the only one I could find for in and around WarZoneBrother's current budget.

Keeping tabs on Sony's latest batch of Bravias myself. Both LG and Samsungs have been on sale recently for good prices (both south of the £450 mark for a 40/43" HDR 4K late 2015 model), but caught me at the wrong times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I've a 43" 4K Bravia in my wishlist too. I'll hang on until after ****mas the same as yourselves. Best time to buy a tv imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Glico Man wrote: »

I can't see the exact model number on that link. I have a 43in version that looks the exact same but doesn't give 4K

Cheers for the advice....

Anyone got Skylanders Imaginators?.. Considering picking it up from Smyths for 45euro is it worth the price tag for the starter bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

RedXIV wrote: »
    If you haven't played Journey but are planning to, look away now:
    When you play the game, you'll see other little characters like yours, none are AI, they are all players who are enjoying the game also. You can't speak to each other, but people usually end up finding a way to communicate.

The moment I realised that was one of those moments in gaming I'll never forget.
    The camaraderie between you and your fellow randomer builds and builds until you almost panic when they can't be found.

• Gamestop seems to be doing decent deals for trade ins against the PS4 pro

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Gamestop seems to be doing decent deals for trade ins against the PS4 pro

Think it's 205euro for it with 500gb PS4 and 175 with 1TB PS4...

Wonder do they offer more for a white one and do you need the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Think it's 205euro for it with 500gb PS4 and 175 with 1TB PS4...

Wonder do they offer more for a white one and do you need the box?

No to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Is it really worth it for the Pro though? It boosts Battlefield 1 and Fifa 17, but it seems to have the opposite effect for other games, especially Skyrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

robojet wrote: »
    Is it really worth it for the Pro though? It boosts Battlefield 1 and Fifa 17, but it seems to have the opposite effect for other games, especially Skyrim.

I bought a pro yesterday.... mostly being playing Skyrim and it looks spectacular for a 5 year old game. And definitely no worse than on the standard PlayStation 4 I had been playing it on the previous days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement