Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

robojet wrote: »
    Is it really worth it for the Pro though? It boosts Battlefield 1 and Fifa 17, but it seems to have the opposite effect for other games, especially Skyrim.

The games where it's having a negative effect is likely the result of an error and will be fixed in upcoming patches. The Pro is just out, there's bound to be some small teething issues for the first few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Digital Foundry rate this 40 inch samsung which is 4k and HDR, and also low input lag
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-samsung-ku6400-4k-tv-review

http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue40ku6400-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-40-led-tv/337655/397.0.0

Only thing is HDR is not great on it and you have to go the KS model for decent HDR.

There are cheaper models from LG and Sony but then the input lag suffers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

To anyone who upgraded by trading in their PS4 to Gamestop, do you need to give them a controller and also do they check the warranty seal?

I opened my old Ps4 to clean it in the summer as I had no intention of getting rid, but I'm tempted to go for the Pro and pay the 200e or so for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

TeflonRon wrote: »
    To anyone who upgraded by trading in their PS4 to Gamestop, do you need to give them a controller and also do they check the warranty seal?

I opened my old Ps4 to clean it in the summer as I had no intention of getting rid, but I'm tempted to go for the Pro and pay the 200e or so for it!

going to trade mine in during the week, you will have to trade in a proper working controller aswell as the power cord.. I have a ps4 from day 1, so for 200 euro and my console you cannot go wrong, you get a new warranty too... as for the warranty seal I would not know, although from past experience with CEX they checked all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Trading in might be a good option for me as it might be on its way out anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    going to trade mine in during the week, you will have to trade in a proper working controller aswell as the power cord.. I have a ps4 from day 1, so for 200 euro and my console you cannot go wrong, you get a new warranty too... as for the warranty seal I would not know, although from past experience with CEX they checked all that...

Cheers for that....yes, new warranty would be my main reason for upgrading!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Elder Scrolls Online is free to play this weekend. You'll be able to start downloading tomorrow morning and download size is 73GB. Will run until the 20th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Elder Scrolls Online is free to play this weekend. You'll be able to start downloading tomorrow morning and download size is 73GB. Will run until the 20th

I love elder scrolls games.... Oblivion and Skyrim are up there in my top 10 games ever. Easily.... But ESO was brutal imo. One of those instant regret purchases for me.
    Only my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Yeah ESO is garbage.

FF14 is the good MMO on PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'm actually going through Skyrim again right now with the remastered version. It looks phenomenal for a 5 year old game. Even if it has been touched up it's still a 5 year old game..... Witcher 3 spoiled me a little in this style of game with the much better combat system. But still Skyrim is a very very good looking and enjoyable game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Was the Sony network hacked again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    No

18j0yyad5mvb6jpg.jpg

No

I thought I heard reports of people's accounts being hacked?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I thought I heard reports of people's accounts being hacked?

Yes, individual accounts have been hacked into but PSN itself has not been "hacked". There is a thread in the PS forum about this already.

Yes, individual accounts have been hacked into but PSN itself has not been "hacked". There is a thread in the PS forum about this already.

Oh cool, I'll have a read of that so. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wouldn't even waste the bandwidth on it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I know Elder Scroll diehards who have an immense dislike of ESO, if you want a PS4 mmo go with A Realm Reborn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Does anyone know if I have to bring the little plastic card to CEX if I want to sell something for cash or can I just head along?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Does anyone know if I have to bring the little plastic card to CEX if I want to sell something for cash or can I just head along?

Yes, I was in yesterday selling a 3ds. Think they need it so they have your address details and bank account info.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    Yes, I was in yesterday selling a 3ds. Think they need it so they have your address details and bank account info.

Cheers, had a feeling they did but couldn't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I sold a phone for cash on Saturday and just gave ID because I couldnt find the card. He asked for my iban and the money went into my bank account though, not sure if that was related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I sold a phone for cash on Saturday and just gave ID because I couldnt find the card. He asked for my iban and the money went into my bank account though, not sure if that was related

Same here about money into my account for a trade in phone because they didn't have enough cash in the shop.

I went out home and picked up the card to avoid any hassle. Never thought to ask what the craic was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody know if in Mafia 3 can I finish off the side missions after the final mission? I've already got the trophy for Vito's side missions just need Burke's and Cassandra's.

PS4 update, version 4.06, seemed to cause my device to get stuck on startup today, had to pull the power cable and reconnect. It went through its startup check and gave a warning but all is good. Had to manully start the update after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Pulling the plug on the PS4 is always a difficult decision. You never know if it's going to reboot. Had a problem a while back where I had to hard reset a few times. Works fine now although any problems and I'll get a Pro.

Yep but it was stuck for some time and nothing else was having any effect, it was able to eject a disc though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

dudeeile wrote: »
    PS4 update, version 4.06, seemed to cause my device to get stuck on startup today, had to pull the power cable and reconnect. It went through its startup check and gave a warning but all is good. Had to manully start the update after that.

updated mine with no issue whatsoever

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yep but it was stuck for some time and nothing else was having any effect, it was able to eject a disc though.

I think your PS4 is giving you a hint to buy a Pro :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement