Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think your PS4 is giving you a hint to buy a Pro :P

:eek: I've been following the thread on here and I just don't see any reason to upgrade so hopefully mine will last for some time yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    :eek: I've been following the thread on here and I just don't see any reason to upgrade so hopefully mine will last for some time yet.

Yeah, I dont have a 4k TV and dont intend on getting one anytime soon tbh so buying a pro is of no benefit at all to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I see a lot of negatives to getting a Pro now. Cost, my PS4 is fine, don't understand all the technical stuff on the other thread, hassle etc. Then I see Battlefield pays better on it and I want one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I see a lot of negatives to getting a Pro now. Cost, my PS4 is fine, don't understand all the technical stuff on the other thread, hassle etc. Then I see Battlefield pays better on it and I want one.

Gimli, I can stop you in your tracks in buying a PS Pro........ Beeeeeeeerrrr :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Gimli, I can stop you in your tracks in buying a PS Pro........ Beeeeeeeerrrr :P

Beer's not going to stop me getting a Pro. I bought the PS3 after an afternoon Liverpool game. Strolled down to Powercity with beer in hand after the game and came back with one........ and a toaster?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    updated mine with no issue whatsoever

I just checked and I had the PS4 set to download software update files but not to install. So it shouldn't have caused my issue but then again it shouldn't have tried to install the update either. I've ticked the install automatically box just to be safe in the future.

Beer's not going to stop me getting a Pro. I bought the PS3 after an afternoon Liverpool game. Strolled down to Powercity with beer in hand after the game and came back with one........ and a toaster?

How's the toaster going? I had my brother stay over a few weeks ago and before that I didn't realise I had one.

How's the toaster going? I had my brother stay over a few weeks ago and before that I didn't realise I had one.

It nearly blew up my house a few months back & had to throw it out. Everytime the toast popped the lights and tv went out downstairs. Haven't missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Yeah, I'm, not going to do it either not enough benefit over and above my original PS4 IMHO, unless something happens to my PS4 ... Not that I'm hoping for anything like that of course.

It nearly blew up my house a few months back & had to throw it out. Everytime the toast popped the lights and tv went out downstairs. Haven't missed it.

Yea ya might have more serious issues than just a toaster, have a sparky round for a drink.

• Advertisement

Yea ya might have more serious issues than just a toaster, have a sparky round for a drink.

Ah no it was a powercity toaster so dodgy as fook :P

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Apologies for sharing a link to this ****rag of a NewsPaper,but i hope this actually happens..

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/732974/PS4-update-PSN-name-changes-user-ID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

My user name on PSN is same as here but with no capitals,all i want to do is change it from eoinhef to EoinHef. Its kicks off my OCD everytime i look at it now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

EoinHef wrote: »
    My user name on PSN is same as here but with no capitals,all i want to do is change it from eoinhef to EoinHef. Its kicks off my OCD everytime i look at it now!!

Yeah my PSN is nearly the same as the one here but is Eoin_McLovin. My xbox one is EoinMcLovin but EoinMcLovin was already taken by somebody on PSN and they have no trophies at all.:mad: Hopefully they start removing profiles that have been inactive for a long while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I got a Pro, I have a 1080p TV, Battlefield looks so sharp or something on it compared to the old one, haven't tried any other games yet that ake advantage but hope to revisit Fallout and a few others soon...

I will get a 4K TV when Scorpio does come out though... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    I got a Pro, I have a 1080p TV, Battlefield looks so sharp or something on it compared to the old one, haven't tried any other games yet that ake advantage but hope to revisit Fallout and a few others soon...

Yeah i wont be getting a pro until I upgrade my 720p screen. I'd say BF1 looks unreal on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Had my PS4 set to download and install System Updates automatically but still had to do it myself when I turned it on just now :pac:

Fieldog wrote: »

I will get a 4K TV when Scorpio does come out though... :)

I keep going back and forth about the pro,same boat as you,id only be using it on a 1080p screen so unsure weather i should wait. Even till a few bundles show up. I did ring gamestop today though and the €195 trade in is still available....must resist:D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

EoinHef wrote: »
    I keep going back and forth about the pro,same boat as you,id only be using it on a 1080p screen so unsure weather i should wait. Even till a few bundles show up. I did ring gamestop today though and the €195 trade in is still available....must resist:D

There are upgrades to the Visuals for 1080p screens,its mentioned on a good few of the Digital Foundry videos too..

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Had my PS4 set to download and install System Updates automatically but still had to do it myself when I turned it on just now :pac:

That's because the update came out at 9am and your console checks for the update at 5am iirc, so it would be tomorrow morning if you didn't turn your PS on today... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I kind of feel guilty with all this talk of people debating on whether to buy a Pro or not. I have a beautiful 4K HDR TV downstairs in the living room but my launch day PS4 is upstairs connected to an old 1080P TV in the games room. Must have caught the wife at a weak moment as it was her suggestion to get a PS4 Pro for downstairs but keep the original PS4 upstairs.

I love her!

bigphil2 wrote: »
    There are upgrades to the Visuals for 1080p screens,its mentioned on a good few of the Digital Foundry videos too..

I mostly play MP games so the fact they could potentially gimp them to equalize the playing field put me off.

In fairness totally understand whay thats the case but at the same time i just find myself wondering is it worth it of most of the games i play will run similarly on the base PS4 and the Pro. The nicer eye candy is good but a id take a locked 60fps over shinier anyday.

Im probably only kidding myself really though,ill probably have a pro by next week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

like a lot of people I was in 2 minds about getting a pro.. Tuesday after work drove out to Smyths and bought one, did not even bother trading in my ps4, will sell it in CEX next week.. To me the upgrade in graphical quality from my ps4 to the pro on a 4k tv is unbelievable, I could not believe the difference.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Called into Gamestop today to trade in my old Ps4 for PS4 Pro, wasn't accepted because I tampered with the warranty seal when I opened it to clean the fan :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

If anyone is haveing issues tradeing in there Ps4 sell them on your local thinfs for sale Facebook page as this time of the year it's very easy to sell that kind of stuff on it.

I sold mine for 200 with the controller given huge issues and I did tell the person the controller isn't the best and does not hold the charge that we'll. No problems still took it.

I had maybe 30 people contact me wanting to buy the console you had the classic lowballers of offering 120 euros and trying to swap a Xbox 360 for it.

Once you get past them you be fine :).

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Called into Gamestop today to trade in my old Ps4 for PS4 Pro, wasn't accepted because I tampered with the warranty seal when I opened it to clean the fan :(

May it be a lesson for you not to be cleaning consoles out if you expect to sell them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

If anyone is haveing issues tradeing in there Ps4 sell them on your local thinfs for sale Facebook page as this time of the year it's very easy to sell that kind of stuff on it.

I sold mine for 200 with the controller given huge issues and I did tell the person the controller isn't the best and does not hold the charge that we'll. No problems still took it.

I had maybe 30 people contact me wanting to buy the console you had the classic lowballers of offering 120 euros and trying to swap a Xbox 360 for it.

Once you get past them you be fine :).

Cool you sold an item that you knew to be faulty ... as long as you don't get stung though right?
    Hopefully somebody hasn't bought it for a Christmas present for someone.
    Poor form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cool you sold an item that you knew to be faulty ... as long as you don't get stung though right?
    Hopefully somebody hasn't bought it for a Christmas present for someone.
    Poor form.
    I sold mine for 200 with the controller given huge issues and I did tell the person the controller isn't the best and does not hold the charge that we'll. No problems still took it..

He told them about the fault in it and the person chose to buy it anyway. Poor form would have been if he didn't tell them about the faulty controller.

It's fine to sell faulty items so long as you don't purposefully conceal those faults from the buyer and make them aware of it.

Penn wrote: »
    He told them about the fault in it and the person chose to buy it anyway. Poor form would have been if he didn't tell them about the faulty controller.

It's fine to sell faulty items so long as you don't purposefully conceal those faults from the buyer and make them aware of it.

Just to add to this, it was not a faulty controller tho. Batteries wear down over time so if it was a launch PS4 the battery life would be useless by now. A new battery can be gotten online for about a tenner and its handy enough to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

My apologies. I only scanned over that and read that he did not tell them.
    My bad. Nothing wrong with that if you let them know.
    Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement