Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

My apologies. I only scanned over that and read that he did not tell them.
    My bad. Nothing wrong with that if you let them know.
    Sorry.

This is the internet, you don't apologize when wrong you double down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Varik wrote: »

And if you do it often enough, you get to be President!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's why I thanked the apology. Don't think I've ever seen such common sense online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does the PS4 have a movie rental section like Xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Does the PS4 have a movie rental section like Xbox?

Not in Ireland

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Not in Ireland

Damn. Netflix is the only option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Yeah pretty much the only option right now.

You could also stream movies/tv shows on your browser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Hey guys, random question. My hdmi cable is on the fritz, does it matter what kind to get. Ive read that 4k hdmi are pretty much the same as hdmi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Kal El wrote: »
    Hey guys, random question. My hdmi cable is on the fritz, does it matter what kind to get. Ive read that 4k hdmi are pretty much the same as hdmi

It's all nonsense apparently.
    https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/4k-hdmi-cables-are-nonsense/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Kal El wrote: »

There is a post a few pages back saying 4K is HDMI 2. Basically it is not the same. Saying that I read on turbofuture (google it and hdmi) that most new cables sold are compatible. Tech radar gives a good guide and says the same. Just got to know what you are buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Gamestop are stopping to an all time low ...

They are actually advertising Bioshock Collection as 2 seperate games, almost bought it today for 25€ then I asked was the 3 games with it and he said no there selling the pre ownded discs for 25 each...

Is it legal for them to even do that?

They are actually advertising Bioshock Collection as 2 seperate games, almost bought it today for 25€ then I asked was the 3 games with it and he said no there selling the pre ownded discs for 25 each...

What you mean pre owned discs? Like pre owned Bioshock collection or last gen single Bioshock games ?

Bioshock is on 2 disc, 1&2 on 1 disc and infinite on the other.

Nothing to stop them, unless the game needs to install both disc or needs 1 particular disc to run.

Is the streaming quality from a PS4 to a PC or Mac good? I know internet connection is the main factor but what are people's experience with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I'm not sure if it's legal but it shows utter contempt for their customers. I'm pretty sure I bought the Collection off them on Day 1 for €50 and now here they are selling 2nd hand discs adding up to the same price.

It reminds me of a local shopowner who used used to open a packet of chocolate digestives and sell them for 10p each. Greedy pigs.

Is the streaming quality from a PS4 to a PC or Mac good? I know internet connection is the main factor but what are people's experience with it?

Think it's limited to 720p on the standard PS4 and 1080p on the Pro, never really tried it.

Never used it over the internet only locally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Think it's limited to 720p on the standard PS4 and 1080p on the Pro, never really tried it.

Never used it over the internet only locally.

Yeah it is 720 on a normal ps4, I streamed uncharted to a 2009 Mac on WiFi and it worked perfectly, I like the feature I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I posted a Dark Souls 3 video to youtube last week and it was 1080p. Didnt have to make any config changes within the Pro for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Turned on my PS4 last night and it asked me to input my password, no worries, after I put in the password it didn't log me in but told me they would send me an email, which could take up to 24hrs, containing an link to set a new password.

So 24hrs later and nothing, you'd think they could have left me with account access and lock the account down if I didn't follow the link. No access through their website either. Contacting support now.

Update: Turned out to be rather painless, after the 10min wait, some suspicious log in location (my VPN), all sorted. Not real answer for not receiving email though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Joined steam and downloaded Civ 6. First time I've bought a PC game in about a decade. Downloaded in minutes, such a pleasant experience compared to downloading from PSN. Why can't they get this right? Is it just that they're cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Joined steam and downloaded Civ 6. First time I've bought a PC game in about a decade. Downloaded in minutes, such a pleasant experience compared to downloading from PSN. Why can't they get this right? Is it just that they're cheap?

Steam is fantastic. The refund option alone sets it miles ahead of PSN in terms of customer support. If a game is buggy or performing poorly I get my money back. Simple as that. I get the funds refunded to my Steam account so they still get my money (although there's even an option to refund to your credit card). It such a customer friendly approach to doing business.

I don't abuse the system but there's been a few times where a game just wasn't what I expected. Stardew Valley was one. I'm sure it's a fantastic game but it simply wasn't what I was looking for at that time. I didn't do my research so I contacted Steam and told them exactly that. Within 3 hours I had my refund and was playing a different game.

It's also changed how I feel about buying digitally. Previously digital always felt like the lesser option and every purchase came with a tinge of regret. But not with Steam. I feel like I'm paying for a product and a service and if both aren't up to scratch I get my money back. It's empowering.

And then there's the Steam sales (on already cheaper games)! 55% off Darkest Dungeon and only 6 weeks after it was released, on the same day I was set to buy it at full price. I was smiling for the whole weekend.

I'm getting my first gaming PC after Xmas and one of the key reasons is Steam.

Pissed there won't be a sequel to Sleeping Dogs, the first was a real gem of a game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-22-cancelled-plans-for-sleeping-dogs-2-were-ridiculously-ambitious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Pissed there won't be a sequel to Sleeping Dogs, the first was a real gem of a game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-22-cancelled-plans-for-sleeping-dogs-2-were-ridiculously-ambitious

Agreed, it was an absolutely crackin game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Didn't they have some sort of online game in the making ?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Didn't they have some sort of online game in the making ?

Pretty sure there was an MMO spin off that was in closed beta for a while, Triad Wars I think if was called. It got shut down earlier this year if I recall correctly.

Shame we won't see a sequel, as said already the first one was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone remember the prequel to sleeping dogs?

True Crime : Streets Of LA on the OG fat Xbox?

Awful awful gick

Fieldog wrote: »

Awful awful gick

I actually really liked New York, hated the first one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fieldog wrote: »

Awful awful gick

Thought it was kind of trashy fun until that ending.

:confused::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I actually really liked New York, hated the first one though.

Never actually played the NY one, was it better than LA?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement