Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Gonna buy Camera and Dance game for two childer, any games for adults that the camera is good for?

Don't use PS4 too often after I completed last GTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think Sleeping Dogs started as a brand new IP. Then Activision got their grubby hands on it and told the devs to fit it into the True Crime Franchise. Then that went belly up and Square Enix picked up the rights and told the devs to make the game they wanted/ I remember reading how happy the devs were as Activision version wasn't what they wanted to make.

TL:DR Activision suck.

Edit: Also, Sleeping Dogs was ****ing class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone remember the prequel to sleeping dogs?

True Crime : Streets Of LA on the OG fat Xbox?

Awful awful gick

I absolutely loved this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Never actually played the NY one, was it better than LA?

Yeah a lot better! You had the choice or either playing as a good cop or a bad cop as well which was cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone remember the prequel to sleeping dogs?

True Crime : Streets Of LA on the OG fat Xbox?

Awful awful gick
    I absolutely loved this game

I liked it too....mostly for the ability to be Snoop Dogg

snoop-dogg-in-true-crime.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Quick question: can I activate my PS4 as primary console for several users?

Looking to take advantage of some deals on different stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Keith186 wrote: »
    Quick question: can I activate my PS4 as primary console for several users?

Looking to take advantage of some deals on different stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, few questions:

Do gamestop doing some trade in deal for ps4 pro? I got launch ps4. I presume they will do shocking deal where o better off keeping it amd buying pro somewhere in argos?

If I got 2 ps4s I'm the house. Pro and normal one. One in living room one in bedroom. Can play digital games on both consoles? Does not need to be at the same time. Just for example I am playing downstairs on pro, but misses being misses needs to watch her hollyoaks or wtf it's called. Can I just save game and go upstairs to continue playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Guys, few questions:

Do gamestop doing some trade in deal for ps4 pro? I got launch ps4. I presume they will do shocking deal where o better off keeping it amd buying pro somewhere in argos?

If I got 2 ps4s I'm the house. Pro and normal one. One in living room one in bedroom. Can play digital games on both consoles? Does not need to be at the same time. Just for example I am playing downstairs on pro, but misses being misses needs to watch her hollyoaks or wtf it's called. Can I just save game and go upstairs to continue playing?

I haven't done it but from what I understand, yes you can play on both consoles as long as it is with the same account. One device would be your primary PS4, all games you buy under your main account would be available on this device to all accounts that log into it.

You can log into the other device as yourself as well (although not at the same time as you are logged into the other one, I believe) and play any games that you bought under your main account. Any other accounts logging into the second device would not be able to play those games though.

bigphil2 wrote: »

Sound. Wasn't sure if I could only make one primary and screw everything up somehow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I haven't done it but from what I understand, yes you can play on both consoles as long as it is with the same account. One device would be your primary PS4, all games you buy under your main account would be available on this device to all accounts that log into it.

You can log into the other device as yourself as well (although not at the same time as you are logged into the other one, I believe) and play any games that you bought under your main account. Any other accounts logging into the second device would not be able to play those games though.

Cool, thanks. I wouldn't have any other accounts anyway. Just me. Just recognised each time.
    Do save games go automatically to cloud? So I could pick up where I left? I presume it would work with physical copies too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Does it backup to the cloud instantly? I always assumed it was done once a day when your PS4 checks for updates.

• Beefy78 wrote: »
    Does it backup to the cloud instantly? I always assumed it was done once a day when your PS4 checks for updates.

I think so, it's a menu option from what I remember

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Beefy78 wrote: »

You can set it to auto upload somewhere in the settings :)

Does anyone else Titanfall look really dark in dark areas in the campaign? I've only got a normal HD telly but when playing through certain areas I can barely see where I'm going.

The only game I've had this problem with before was the Tomb Raider reboot

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Does anyone else Titanfall look really dark in dark areas in the campaign? I've only got a normal HD telly but when playing through certain areas I can barely see where I'm going.

The only game I've had this problem with before was the Tomb Raider reboot

Titanfall looked ok for me on a new enough tv. Check your tv settings?

Used to happen me on Driveclub all the time on my old tv until I tweaked the settings a little.

Titanfall looked ok for me on a new enough tv. Check your tv settings?

Used to happen me on Driveclub all the time on my old tv until I tweaked the settings a little.

I have it on Game settings, tried flicking through all pre sets and they didn't make much difference. Adjusting the brightness just seem to give it a greyish filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sounds like it could be a dynamic setting where it automatically changes the brightness. Some Game settings have that, I think. Like Adaptive Brightness or something.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sounds like it could be a dynamic setting where it automatically changes the brightness. Some Game settings have that, I think. Like Adaptive Brightness or something.

So, would I be better off doing a custom setting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I usually do a custom setting myself and sometimes have to change it for different games if I'm going to be playing them for a long time. I'll always try get it right with the in-game gamma first, though. I always find "Game" settings on T.V, like Cinema Mode can add too much warmth on the colours and can make things a bit brownish which usually means it's darker than it should be.

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks. I wouldn't have any other accounts anyway. Just me. Just recognised each time.
    Do save games go automatically to cloud? So I could pick up where I left? I presume it would work with physical copies too?

Not sure if it is automatic but there is a setting. I am pretty sure you need to have a Plus subscription.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Not sure if it is automatic but there is a setting. I am pretty sure you need to have a Plus subscription.

Yeah to auto upload you need to have plus and have the console set as primary.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah to auto upload you need to have plus and have the console set as primary.

Ooh, does the console really need to be set as primary? What does that mean for resuming games on a different console? Would he not be able to upload the "updated" saves on the secondary console to resume playing back on the main one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

He'd just need to manually upload the save file when on the second system. It takes like four seconds.

Ooh, does the console really need to be set as primary? What does that mean for resuming games on a different console? Would he not be able to upload the "updated" saves on the secondary console to resume playing back on the main one?

I think it only effects the auto upload function tbh, I know when my account was compromised a couple of years ago whoever it was set a console as their primary so I had to wait a few weeks till it was set back for me and during that time I couldnt auto upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Any Black Friday shoite on PSN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I have it on Game settings, tried flicking through all pre sets and they didn't make much difference. Adjusting the brightness just seem to give it a greyish filter.

Is there an an Advanced Contrast Enhancer (Sony's version) or something with a similar name turned on? Switch it off if there is and then try adjusting it again if it's not alright.
    If TV Gamma is changed to -1 or -2 it would make picture fairly dark too.

Is there an an Advanced Contrast Enhancer (Sony's version) or something with a similar name turned on? Switch it off if there is and then try adjusting it again if it's not alright.
    If TV Gamma is changed to -1 or -2 it would make picture fairly dark too.

I've got a Toshiba, can't see no Advanced Contrast Enhancer, I do have something called Dynamic Contrast but that was automatically switched off already.

• Advertisement

A brother of mine is coming home for Christmas and he really enjoyed playing the likes of Journey, Flow, and other such relaxing/calming games. Anyone have any recommendations for similar ones?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement