Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Can't remember the proper name but it's something like Abju or similar, under water exploration...

Taltos wrote: »
    Can't remember the proper name but it's something like Abju or similar, under water exploration...

ABZÛ.

And it looks totally like something I'm looking for. Gonna get it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Hey all,I just bought a PS4,never been a console gamer before but I'm wondering how big is the initial update size?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Hey all,I just bought a PS4,never been a console gamer before but I'm wondering how big is the initial update size?

Less than a gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've got a Toshiba, can't see no Advanced Contrast Enhancer, I do have something called Dynamic Contrast but that was automatically switched off already.

Crap, I thought it'd be that.
    Try get a good balance by adjusting contrast, brightness and gamma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

F1ngers wrote: »
    Less than a gig.

I think it's actually around 400mb from a "fresh" PS4, the 1GB is only if you are changing HDD....

@NikoTopps you can also download the update via Via your laptop and put the firmware on a USB stick, all instructions are here :

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/

Issues you could encounter are the actual game updates - some of them can be quite big...

If you are doing a santy and have slow internet you would be best going and setting it all up on someone else's faster connection before the fat fella arrives....

If you have the PS4 connected to the internet and insert the disc that should automatically start to update when you go to start the game...

Ethernet is always better than WiFi for these downloads, in saying that the PS4 Pro and most likely newer slim model seems to have a better network card and therefore slightly faster than the "older" model....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

A brother of mine is coming home for Christmas and he really enjoyed playing the likes of Journey, Flow, and other such relaxing/calming games. Anyone have any recommendations for similar ones?

the walking dead
    telltale
    just do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Big f**k off to the wifi receiver on the PS4 again. I have a working log in to HBO Go. Finally got in last night, only for it to buffer every 15-20 seconds. I did a speed test and not even pulling 1mb. I do the same on my phone and I get 90+ :mad:

gimmick wrote: »
    Big f**k off to the wifi receiver on the PS4 again. I have a working log in to HBO Go. Finally got in last night, only for it to buffer every 15-20 seconds. I did a speed test and not even pulling 1mb. I do the same on my phone and I get 90+ :mad:

You're streaming from US servers through some sort of VPN over wifi and it's the wifis' fault?
    How does HBO Go look on your phone/PC, over wifi?

EDIT:
    Meant to suggest home plugs, so as not to be using wifi - have my doubts they will help in this situation though.

You're streaming from US servers through some sort of VPN over wifi and it's the wifis' fault?
    How does HBO Go look on your phone/PC, over wifi?

IPad not a bother. But cant hook that to the TV.
    EDIT:
    Meant to suggest home plugs, so as not to be using wifi - have my doubts they will help in this situation though.

Due to a silly design flaw at home, home plugs wont work.

• Advertisement

IPad not a bother. But cant hook that to the TV.

See my edit, I did suggest home plugs.

Due to a silly design flaw at home, home plugs wont work.

I thought all streaming video was blocked from US? VPN or no VPN?

I may look into a HBO sub so... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    I thought all streaming video was blocked from US? VPN or no VPN?

I may look into a HBO sub so... :)

No thats just Netflix afaik.

ABZÛ.

And it looks totally like something I'm looking for. Gonna get it now!

Hope you waited, €10 today on sale

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the walking dead
    telltale
    just do it

Dont know about The Walking Dead, but tell tale stories are class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

tbh I hate those types of games and got TWD part one free on PS plus, really enjoyed it and ended up buying one and two

Got the 1st episode of Hitman and Shadow Of Mordor off the US Store, got a free tenner for no apparent reason from Sony, also got GoW for 8.50 I think off our store, never played any of GoW games but heard good reports...

Have Mordor on PC, interested to see it run on Pro

Fieldog wrote: »
    got a free tenner for no apparent reason from Sony,

Apparently it's because we got the Pro. :D

Apparently it's because we got the Pro. :D

Better than a kick in the nuts....

Now all we need is one for EU store... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

A brother of mine is coming home for Christmas and he really enjoyed playing the likes of Journey, Flow, and other such relaxing/calming games. Anyone have any recommendations for similar ones?

Gone Home
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
    Firewatch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

tbh I hate those types of games and got TWD part one free on PS plus, really enjoyed it and ended up buying one and two

You should get The Wolf Among Us. I really enjoyed playing that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I found the best telltale game to be Tales from the Borderlands which is on sale on US and Canadian PSN for around €2 and that's the Season Pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I found the best telltale game to be Tales from the Borderlands which is on sale on US and Canadian PSN for around €2 and that's the Season Pass

Yeah it's a hell of a lot of fun. More varied than most of the other Telltale games, with some great writing, moments, characters and some of the funniest moments I've experienced in gaming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the Ezio collection worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Is the Ezio collection worth it?

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a brilliant game but this video worries me:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RedXIV wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a brilliant game but this video worries me:

That video has been debunked
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    It's NOT legit.
    Polygon with some half assed journalism and trying to make click-bait.
    Please see the below video.
    No doubt you like many others on the net seen some reddit of clicky-baity post and assume it's true.

Polygon had to amend their original post with this also

Basically the fast climbing stuff is a glitch which was present in the original games anyway and is unlikely to happen during normal gameplay, and the NPC is a randomly generated one and it's extremely unlikely to get one with a face model like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Penn wrote: »
    That video has been debunked

Basically the fast climbing stuff is a glitch which was present in the original games anyway and is unlikely to happen during normal gameplay, and the NPC is a randomly generated one and it's extremely unlikely to get one with a face model like that.

Thank god for that. Its terrifying :p

Though does look kinda like F1 driver Max Verstappen

max-verstappen-toro-rosso_3383268.jpg?20151129181731

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just tried buying a couple of things on psn store, wouldn't accept my credit card, then my password, then i got kicked off the store as it's down for maintenance. Anyone else having problems atm? I checked my account on the website and password is fine (changed just in case) and transaction history shows my attempts as missed charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just tried buying a couple of things on psn store, wouldn't accept my credit card, then my password, then i got kicked off the store as it's down for maintenance. Anyone else having problems atm? I checked my account on the website and password is fine (changed just in case) and transaction history shows my attempts as missed charges.

I bought games from the PS app on my phone at about 4 o'clock no problem and then another one from the US store on the PS4 itself around 19.30 and had no issues then either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like my cred card stopped working with psn, not the first time. Different card worked fine, will have to ring the bank tomorrow and listen to them say how it's sony's fault and vice versa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement