Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looks like my cred card stopped working with psn, not the first time. Different card worked fine, will have to ring the bank tomorrow and listen to them say how it's sony's fault and vice versa.

I had problems earlier with putting payments through my paypal. It's become one of the most unreliable and frustrating stores. Just threw the towel in and bought €10 credit in Gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah had problems plenty of times before. Fairly annoying when the game I was trying to get doubled in price in a few hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looks like my cred card stopped working with psn, not the first time. Different card worked fine, will have to ring the bank tomorrow and listen to them say how it's sony's fault and vice versa.

Make sure you do buddy, the bank blocked my card last time something like this happened to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Wow didn't now how easy it was to buy stuff when PayPal is linked, no authentication required just click click click. Last time I had to sign into my PayPal when making a payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just picked up Return To Arkham on the store, it's too good of a price to turn down :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 krennic77

Decided to treat myself to a PS4 and am looking for some decent online multiplayer fun. Are there any games in particular that have much in the way of active Irish/boards communities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

krennic77 wrote: »
    Decided to treat myself to a PS4 and am looking for some decent online multiplayer fun. Are there any games in particular that have much in the way of active Irish/boards communities?

Battlefield. See separate battlefield 1 threads and squad sign ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Also Destiny and Titanfall both have active people from boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Good old is rainbow six siege. Its fun, but more tactical omfg way. Can be picked up in a lot of places for 20eu or 40eu with season pass. Highly recommended picking it up with pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well i was in town today and picked up vertical stand for old ps4 in gamestop. I needed it as space in bedroom extremely limited for tech like this and not it slots perfectly behind TV.

Playing dark soul 3 and X com 2. My ps4 was barely played for half a year I guess and I noticed my controllers are kind off iffy. They aither don't hold charge or they don't charge properly. Even after I stop playing and plug them in to charge, next day I puck it up amd it's on 2 bars.

Another thing: xcom 2 runs like a dog on normal ps4... Fps dips, low fps, visuals not great at all too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

krennic77 wrote: »

GTA 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

An Post seem to have taken my CoD: Infinite Warfare Legacy edition hostage:mad:

It was meant to be here Tuesday, was in Dublin Monday AM and still no sign of it :mad: Bastids

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

I've ordered 3 games from Amazon and each time they've gone missing (using free shipping) and Amazon have had to replace them and send them by courier to ensure delivery, I have seen a few on boards mention Asendia as the culprits but I wouldn't have much faith in An Post either but I personally won't order another game from Amazon unless it's a good deal even with the cost of paid shipping.

I don't know if it was Amazon you ordered from but if it was I'd recommend getting on to CS and asking them to investigate where your parcel is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I cringe when they send items by Ascendia. I have had items go missing but they always refund / replace

DanC90 wrote: »
    I've ordered 3 games from Amazon and each time they've gone missing (using free shipping) and Amazon have had to replace them and send them by courier to ensure delivery, I have seen a few on boards mention Asendia as the culprits but I wouldn't have much faith in An Post either but I personally won't order another game from Amazon unless it's a good deal even with the cost of paid shipping.

I don't know if it was Amazon you ordered from but if it was I'd recommend getting on to CS and asking them to investigate where your parcel is.

It was indeed Amazon. I had no issues with shipping from Amazon before for non game items and recently another game (FIFA 17). The tracking info is just An Post w/ a tracking no. I was hoping it just because they're busier now. Ill get on to Amazon just in case anyway, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm having an issue with An Post as well, got a tracking number off an Amazon order but it's not working and they won't answer my emails. Order was meant to be here Monday so it's not crazy late but the signs aren't good at all.

They've always been good with games but any larger boxes seem to get "lost" a lot. I think I'll stick to Parcel Motel in future just to be a bit safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Asendia are always late with Amazon stuff but never had issue with An Post. I ordered a couple games in the summer and when they were late I complained to Amazon about it, got them to send me replacements through standard shipping for free. Had the two games within a couple days from An Post, the original Asendia order still hasn't arrived. I can still see it on my Amazon account. Never using Amazon's free shipping again so also think I'll stick to Parcel Motel in future.

I dont think it was Ascendia. Contacted Amazon there and they said
    Creating a replacement order at this stage may result in you having to return one of the items. If the parcel still not arrive till this date (7 Dec) then we'll be happy to provide you a full refund or a replacement for the order as per your choice. However if you don't want to wait anymore then I can offer you a replacement/refund right away.

Maybe I shouldve asked for a refund and hope the game came anyway, so Id get a free game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Speaking of parcel motel, the ps4 I got off amazon in the sales was delivered to the Antrim depot today but I haven't got any mail off parcel motel yet, any cause for concern yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Asendia are always late with Amazon stuff but never had issue with An Post. I ordered a couple games in the summer and when they were late I complained to Amazon about it, got them to send me replacements through standard shipping for free. Had the two games within a couple days from An Post, the original Asendia order still hasn't arrived. I can still see it on my Amazon account. Never using Amazon's free shipping again so also think I'll stick to Parcel Motel in future.

I only go the Prime and PM route now with Amazon, before that I had numerous items go missing or take over three weeks to arrive when Asendia was the carrier, Amazon themselves freely admitted to me that they know the carrier is terrible and has been for nearly 2 years now.

• Advertisement

Speaking of parcel motel, the ps4 I got off amazon in the sales was delivered to the Antrim depot today but I haven't got any mail off parcel motel yet, any cause for concern yet?

No you will be fine, from experience it can sometimes take up to 3 hours for the e-mail to arrive even if you can see it on their website as arrived at the depot and the picture of it.

You only get the email with the pic when they arrive in their Dublin depot

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Exact same as me, no problem with other items it was just games that "went missing" so somewhere along the line games are getting plucked, the second game I ordered was GOW:UE which was just £10 and I got it to bulk up an order of an SD card and some anker cables and when I opened the cardboard envelope the 3 were sent in Just the game was missing! Now the postman handed me this so it didn't get left anywhere unattended or anything like that and when I inspected the cardboard someone had opened a flap on the end of the envelope to take the game, I contacted An Post and told them this and the woman on the phone told me what I was saying is a big accusation against An Post and if I wanted to find out what happened I'd have to contact the Gardai and report An Post for theft which for the sake of a £10 game didn't seem worth it. Of course Amazon on the other hand couldn't apologise enough for this and sent out another copy and sent it by courier the next day with a code to use for express post on my next delivery from them.

Again I don't know which company is the one responsible for them going missing but it's been enough for me to stop ordering games online with the free shipping option and I will only pay for shipping when it's a expensive item over £100 which most of the time isn't games.

Good luck with getting your game, should be fine though as Amazon CS are great when it comes to stuff like this.

P..S coincidentally the 3rd game to go missing was also FIFA 17 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Anyone know if store credit bought on amazon.de will work with an Irish account? Store won't let me top up with paypal or debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

bur wrote: »
    Anyone know if store credit bought on amazon.de will work with an Irish account? Store won't let me top up with paypal or debit card.

No, cash and PS plus are country specific while games are region specific.

Used Cardcodes there to get another year of plus it was €1 or 2 cheaper and got the code very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have a game ordered via Amazon that's taking ages, it's cheap and I'm in no rush so it doesn't bother me but when I was ordering Battlefield 1 I paid an extra E15 rather than order from amazon.
    Can't understand how one of the world's largest online retailers can accept this. Have to say when I cancelled orders / stuff went missing, Amazon themselves were brilliant to deal with but it must be costing them a fortune or at least it's very wasteful.
    Maybe Ireland just isn't a big enough market for them to care about.

typical Game came today. Despatched 25 November with an estimated date of delivery after 10 December but actually came today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Maybe Ireland just isn't a big enough market for them to care about.

Nail, head, hammer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Worth considering paying for the faster delivery from Amazon. Obviously not preferable, but Asendia really are incredibly unreliable so the extra few quid IMO is worth it.

Unless they use Asendia for standard delivery, but haven't encountered that yet :/

Going the Game Collection route and using PM is another good way to go as well, you will usually get the game on the release day or the Saturday/Monday before release if you are close to either PM depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I see everyone banging on about PM and how great it is. I looked into it before but thought you had to go to one of their depots to collect stuff. Do they deliver it to you? It just sounded a bit complicated and I'm lazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement