Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I see everyone banging on about PM and how great it is. I looked into it before but thought you had to go to one of their depots to collect stuff. Do they deliver it to you? It just sounded a bit complicated and I'm lazy.

Parcel wizard is what you need it's owned by DPD brings the parcel to your door on like parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I see everyone banging on about PM and how great it is. I looked into it before but thought you had to go to one of their depots to collect stuff. Do they deliver it to you? It just sounded a bit complicated and I'm lazy.

It gets sent to their depot, either up in Antrim if you want to avail of free UK shipping or if the item cannot be sent to Ireland, otherwise to Dublin, they have kiosk in most of the big towns and then deliver it to the kiosk you select and you go pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

12 Deals of Christmas is up on the store, first one is Rise Of The Tomb Raider for €29.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not had Asendia for anything I ordered, is anyone who's had stuff "delivered" by them out in the sticks, only gotten An post and use free delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    12 Deals of Christmas is up on the store, first one is Rise Of The Tomb Raider for €29.99

That's a good deal, although I'm going to buy the physical copy in Smyths for €5 extra cause I'm weird like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That's a good deal, although I'm going to buy the physical copy in Smyths for €5 extra cause I'm weird like that.

I bought it on disc too, the packaging is ace! (assuming it's the same one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No internet access at home at the moment but for some reason i cant access the games i have downloaded, there a little lock on them ans activating my account as primary wont work, any ideas?

No internet access at home at the moment but for some reason i cant access the games i have downloaded, there a little lock on them ans activating my account as primary wont work, any ideas?

Could try restoring licenses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Could try restoring licenses.

Dont you need too be online for that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Has anyone been able to get the HDR enabled games to work in HDR (such as Infamous SS and Last of us remastered) on the older Chassy C (or any ps4 other than the PRO) as I have a HDR TV (Xbox one s works fine with hdr games) but these games wont work in HDR on the ps4.

I also cant seem to find a definitive answer online if that the older pre Pro PS4s can actually play games in HDR. Anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

No they can't, It's the pro that brought these features.

Dont you need too be online for that?

Not sure tbh, never done it myself. If you could, you could use your phones hotspot and connect to PSN and see if restoring works.

Not sure tbh, never done it myself. If you could, you could use your phones hotspot and connect to PSN and see if restoring works.

That worked thanks pal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

superg wrote: »
    No they can't, It's the pro that brought these features.

Yes they can, all PS4s got a HDR software update so they can display HDR so long as the game has HDR patched in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Death Stranding Trailer from the Game Awards

Intriguing! Looks very cool indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Yes they can, all PS4s got a HDR software update so they can display HDR so long as the game has HDR patched in.

Now that you say it I remember reading that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Any chance youre profile is primary on another ps4. It happens to my brother when he doesnt have internet on his ps4 as the house ps4 is his primary

Kal El wrote: »
    Any chance youre profile is primary on another ps4. It happens to my brother when he doesnt have internet on his ps4 as the house ps4 is his primary

Well I had two account on the ps4 but almost certain, I had the other one set as primary but almost certain I changed it back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Well I had two account on the ps4 but almost certain, I had the other one set as primary but almost certain I changed it back.

Ah that was what his problem was when we investigated it, have you tried de-activating it and then activating it again, that has worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking at the first 3 months of 2017 it looks like the PS4 will be have quite a lot of Japanese studio releases here, such as Nioh, Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0, along with Tales of Berseria, Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, Digimon World: Next Order, Akiba's Beat and Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers to a lesser extent.

For Honor, Horizon: Zero Dawn, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
    and Mass Effect: Andromeda seem to be the only big games from a studio outside of Japan.

Is there anyway to watch PSX on the PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is there anyway to watch PSX on the PS4?

Yeah through Twitch, just got a notification on my phone PlayStation was starting at 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Or Youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I put an item on my wishlist on the PlayStation Store. Will I be notified if it gets added to the 12 Days of Christmas sale?

You think they would add these things to the Event app

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Knack 2 has been announced - the sequel we all were waiting for!

Wait... By 'we all' I mean nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It even got a cheer. but I think if they announced a game about me it would get cheered there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not a fan but are Gamestop still doing deals on trading a 500g PS for the Pro one or would I be better off going the adverts route.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement