Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

CombatCow wrote: »
    Or if you don't want it looking janky, this fits in perfectly: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/Trail/searchtext%3E2TB.htm

Take it out and replace the ps4 HDD and put the PS4 500gb drive back into the enclosure.

I have this exact drive in my PS4 and its perfect. You can use the 500gb from the PlayStation in this enclosure too which makes it more worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Was that about the witcher or just games in general? If it makes ya feel better, Witcher has zero pre-order in-game bonuses. Devs said they want everyone to play the same game whether you pre-order it or not. They don't mind if you even play illegally but for those who will be buying it, they are releasing 16 free pieces of DLC, being released every week.

Did not know that - OK that makes things more interesting...
    Was talking about the Witcher primarily but all new pre-orders. May still hold off to get them all bundled into the GOTY edition but will wait and see a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, just look at the new Batman game (my most anticipated of the year) but every shop has a different preorder bonus and there is 6 or 7 different editions you can buy, all excluding the season pass content. It's a Day 1 purchase for me still but I can understand why people wait for GOTY versions.

I used to be day 1 - but you know that article made a lot of sense. Basically being avid gamers and keen to get our mitts on new games we are now being penalised by "missing" or hidden content. Maybe today's just a grouchy day for me but I just don't like that model so I am going to try to stop supporting it.

>>> says the guy that had Bloodborne fairly soon after release ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Or if you don't want it looking janky, this fits in perfectly: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/Trail/searchtext%3E2TB.htm

Take it out and replace the ps4 HDD and put the PS4 500gb drive back into the enclosure.

I'm not sure what janky means (is it a limerick thing)? :pac: but the HD fits the bill nicely and i've just reserved one there.

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what janky means (is it a limerick thing)?

Being from Kildare I wouldn't know :pac: , but I was trying to imply that a standard 3.5inch hard drive would have to be connected outside of the console with nasty wiring showing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

a standard 3.5inch hard drive would have to be connected outside of the console with nasty wiring showing

Not necessarily.

83223_data_bank_normal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Sure if you use a third party enclosure specially made...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Two player local co-op is gonna be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Being from Kildare I wouldn't know :pac: , but I was trying to imply that a standard 3.5inch hard drive would have to be connected outside of the console with nasty wiring showing etc.

When I clicked on the argos link it said the local store was limerick so assumed. I still don't know what janky means ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

When I clicked on the argos link it said the local store was limerick so assumed. I still don't know what janky means ;)

I think it must be like manky as in disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

janky 

(adjective) inferior quality; held in low social regard; old and delapidated; refers almost exclusively to inanimate material objects, not to people

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Did anyone else have trouble getting wolfenstein today? Every gamestop in town was sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody have any experience with using custom cover for their game cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

US PSN Flash Sale on at the moment, Walking Dead complete Season 1, Trials Fusion and Wolf Among us are good deals at €4 each
    • Don’t Starve: Console Edition (PS4, PS Vita) – $4.95
    • Don’t Starve + Reign of Giants (PS4, PS Vita) – $4.94
    • Entwined (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $3.00
    • Escape Goat 2 (PS4) – $4.00
    • Flower (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $1.80
    • Krinkle Krusher (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $4.00
    • Nano Assault Neo-X (PS4) – $4.00
    • Nidhogg (PS4, PS Vita) – $4.95
    • Outlast (PS4) – $4.80
    • Peggle 2 Magical Masters Edition (PS4) – $4.95
    • Pure Chess Complete Bundle (PS4) – $4.80
    • Pure Pool (PS4) – $4.80
    • Super Mega Baseball (PS4, PS3) – $4.80
    • Terraria (PS4) – $4.80
    • The Walking Dead Complete First Season (PS4) – $4.75
    • The Wolf Among Us (PS4) – $4.75
    • Tiny Brains (PS4, PS3) – $3.50
    • Trials Fusion (PS4) – $4.80
    • Yorbie (PS4) – $4.00
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/15/flash-sale-now-deals-under-5/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just having a look at steering wheels compatible with PS4 and PC and my god there is a shocking selection. Way overpriced thrustmaster stuff then cheap as hell pieces of tat with no force feedback etc. Looks like Sony have locked it down to a few partners and are content to milk consumers by restricting choice.......good job $ony:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is trials fusion worth getting, have they added multiplayer now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Have a few bob left over in my US account, could anyone recommend something from that flash sale? I know little about the indy games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

martyos121 wrote: »
    Have a few bob left over in my US account, could anyone recommend something from that flash sale? I know little about the indy games.

Trials fusion is a steal at that. Absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just having a look at steering wheels compatible with PS4 and PC and my god there is a shocking selection. Way overpriced thrustmaster stuff then cheap as hell pieces of tat with no force feedback etc. Looks like Sony have locked it down to a few partners and are content to milk consumers by restricting choice.......good job $ony:mad:

I've got a steering wheel/pedal combo from a German crowd called Fanatec. I used it for gaming on my pc button fairly sure they supported the consoles (last gen) also. Quality is second to non. Unbelievable but pricey pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

PSN down for anyone else?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Downloaded the rocket league beta and it is a load of fun. Streaming it now if anyone wants to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Nope. Sorry bud..

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

yup. cant sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

dan hibiki wrote: »
    yup. cant sign in.

Playstation just tweeted that there is a problem signing in and they're dealing with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Not working for me either.

Once a week I want to play fifa:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

GerB40 wrote: »
    Playstation just tweeted that there is a problem signing in and they're dealing with it..

They just tweeted 36 minutes ago... asking for a patience.

If it is not EA server, then PS network down.

One of the comments on Twitter:
    thank you. PlayStation is always aware. Just another reason PlayStation is the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Its lizard squad again

• Advertisement

Its lizard squad again

The paranoid me wonders who funds these jokers?
    Or are they just that childish? - "my ball and you're not playin wiv it!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement