Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Glico Man wrote: »
    Track Mania Turbo is the only 2 player co-op racing game as far as I know.

You could try Rocket League as well, its basically car soccer. Thats also split screen co-op.

Beach buggy racing works for split screen mariokart-style racing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

How's the going people.
    Got the ps4 for my children for Xmas.
    Mainly a 7yr old boy. Now in am all over the place trying to find good games for him.
    He is a country boy who likes farming. So got him farm simulator. He is mad for car games but hard to get two player ones which will have to be a must. Any suggestions
    Thanks.

Table Top Racing: World Tour is good, harmless fun and perfect for a kid. 1-4 player and available digitally through the PS Store for about €10-15.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

Thanks for all the replies.
    Just wondering are all these games on disk that a person can buy in a shop like game stop. Or are these online games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hi Lads I'm on 3 network and I wonder could someone explain to me how to purchase PSN credit from HMV with the excess credit balance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hi Lads I'm on 3 network and I wonder could someone explain to me how to purchase PSN credit from HMV with the excess credit balance ?

Go onto the hmvgamecredit website, select Ireland as your country. Pick a product and select Three as your network and enter your mobile number (the price should be displayed in euros, something around €22-€25). You should then get a confirmation code to enter and then a voucher code.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Just wondering are all these games on disk that a person can buy in a shop like game stop. Or are these online games

I think most of those are digital only, available through the PS Store.

When you set up the PS4 for the first time you'll have to set-up a username, email, etc. After that you can enter credit card/PayPal details for buying games.

You can edit the security settings to ensure that the child can't purchase anything by accident.

It might sound like a pain in the neck but in the long run it will be of great use to you. The vast majority of PS4 games are too complicated or simply not appropriate for young players. However there's a good number of age appropriate, family-type games in the digital store. Most of them are in around the €10-15 mark.

Also, avoid Game Stop if at all possible. Look for your nearest CeX (or even buy from them online). Much cheaper. It's all second-hand but perfect for a young kid that's figuring out what games he likes. You'll get decent prices there on the various Lego titles, etc.

Tearaway is another cracking little game. Very clever and a great game for a child to play alongside mam or dad.

By the way, don't wait until Xmas Eve to set-up the PS4. Do it beforehand and save yourself a headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I wouldn't know about bricks and mortar stores, maybe give them a call before travelling, but you can get both TrackMania Turbo and Rocket League on disk from Amazon.

Table top Racing is a PS4 downloadable game. And I am not sure about Beach Buggy Racing as today is the first time I'd heard of it.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Table Top Racing: World Tour is good, harmless fun and perfect for a kid. 1-4 player and available digitally through the PS Store for about €10-15.

There's no split screen on it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Anyone tried Let It Die yet?

Some bizarre mix of rougelike randomness/ Dark Souls exploration/ Dead Rising combat/ invasions/ global wars.

Its a very mechanically simple game and god ugly but find it enthralling. Nothing worse than heading down an escalator only to find the exit blocked from the other side and have to trudge through the previous level with broke weapons/armour.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Anyone tried Let It Die yet?

Some bizarre mix of rougelike randomness/ Dark Souls exploration/ Dead Rising combat/ invasions/ global wars.

Its a very mechanically simple game and god ugly but find it enthralling. Nothing worse than heading down an escalator only to find the exit blocked from the other side and have to trudge through the previous level with broke weapons/armour.

For those who want to know more about it
    https://www.wired.com/2016/12/let-it-die-review/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Can anyone connect to the EA severs.It wasnt working and then I seen there was a software update for the PS4 downloaded and installed that still cant get online to play Fifa 17

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Can anyone connect to the EA severs.It wasnt working and then I seen there was a software update for the PS4 downloaded and installed that still cant get online to play Fifa 17

Possibly Scheduled Maintenance on the EA servers?

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Possibly Scheduled Maintenance on the EA servers?

Seems to be problems all over the world.

Seems to be problems all over the world.

Just tried it again and got in.Starting a game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

http://irishoutages.com/problems/playstation-network

there was a spike around 5pm yesterday. I knew as I couldn't get into Destiny and lots of people were complaining of problems, seems to have settled down

gimli2112 wrote: »
    http://irishoutages.com/problems/playstation-network

there was a spike around 5pm yesterday. I knew as I couldn't get into Destiny and lots of people were complaining of problems, seems to have settled down

Its done again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

There was a few "Squads" on twitter yesterday taking the credit for the outages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know when/how its possible to play the new CoD Modern Warfare remastered maps? Googled it and articles say they're available today but nothing else

I went online and didnt see them on the PS Store or get a prompt when in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dead Rising 4 is outselling The Last Guardian :eek:

First Trump wins. Now this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-12-dead-rising-4-outsold-the-last-guardian

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-12-dead-rising-4-outsold-the-last-guardian

That article is nothing but click bait nonsense, it does not count digital copies and let's not forget that Dead Rising 4 was released three days before The Last Guardian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Did you read the article you linked at all? Dead Rising was released on Tuesday and TLG on Friday so it's not comparing like for like.
    WUM's gonna WUM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

it does not count digital copies
    Dead Rising was released on Tuesday and TLG on Friday so it's not comparing like for like.

And it's UK only. Crappy article.

I haven't even looked at Dead Rising 4 yet. It must be really good if it's launch sales where bigger than The Last Guardian.

I'll take a look later. I liked DR 3 but wouldn't be mad about the franchise.

Just surprising news. People have been salivating over TLG for nearly a decade. When you watch the last few E3 shows I thought for sure this was going to be a major launch day success due to the amount of enthusiasm showed for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's only so long you can carrot-on-a-stick people with a game before they lose the urgency for it. I know it wasn't really the studio's fault but they lost a huge amount of the hype momentum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I haven't even looked at Dead Rising 4 yet. It must be really good if it's launch sales where bigger than The Last Guardian.

I'll take a look later. I liked DR 3 but wouldn't be mad about the franchise.

Just surprising news. People have been salivating over TLG for nearly a decade. When you watch the last few E3 shows I thought for sure this was going to be a major launch day success due to the amount of enthusiasm showed for the game.

Is it surprising?

Game sells more over 7 days than rival game does over 4.

Not exactly a shock, especially before you include the caveats - no digital, UK only, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is it surprising?

Not exactly a shock, especially before you include the caveats - no digital, UK only, etc.

Plus although there was a lot of hype for TLG, the hype was coming from fairly small minorities as it's not a game which would appeal to the same amount of people as something like Dead Rising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it surprising?

Might be something in it though even if it a small sample size (UK Market).

TLG has been hailed as something special for the last few years and I'd imagine it would have been expected to have massive day one sales.

TLG has had some great hype around it whereas DR4 flew very much under the radar (I didn't realise it was out, thought it was out next year) so you would expect the hype train to carry TLG quite far in the sales.

I'm looking forward to TLG over Christmas seen as I'm getting it as a gift :)

Is it surprising?

UK only, yes. Physical sales only, yes.

PS4 sales in the UK over the last 3 years completely dwarf the Xbox One. Sony just announced 50 million PS4's sold worldwide last week and we know the UK does massively well for Sony.

The Last Guardian launch day sales alone should easily be higher than Dead Rising 4 on Xbox One for a week. Easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Most games drop prices so quickly now I think its naive to buy day one especially this time of the year as most games are on sale a week or two later for €10/€20 less.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Most games drop prices so quickly now I think its naive to buy day one especially this time of the year as most games are on sale a week or two later for €10/€20 less.

TLG is worth every full priced penny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement