Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

The Last Guardian launch day sales alone should easily be higher than Dead Rising 4 on Xbox One for a week. Easily.

And it may well be but as they don't count digital copies then it's hard to know. No one was expecting huge sales for the Last Guardian, it is a relatively niche title that has nowhere near the mass appeal of something like Dead Rising 4. The real winner will be the game with the lasting appeal and that is a no brainer, the Last Guardian is being acclaimed all around the world and like Ico and Shadow of Colossus, (neither of which were hardly massive sellers) it will only grow and grow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Niche game - and the closest thing to an art game launched in the AAA space since possibly Shadow of the Collossus (at least since Dark Souls) - outsold by silly zombie sequel. Any suggestion this is a surprise is mere provocation.

More importantly, The Last Guardian is one of the greatest games ever made, and frankly I put quite a bit more weight in its peerless artistic accomplishments over what shooting game outsold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Team Ico games have always failed to sell big numbers outside of Japan, TLG is following the same suit, these games are niche titles that require patience and understanding, something that is lost on a lot of gamers in this day and age, it was never expected to sell big numbers outside of Japan, it is a prestige title for Sony and was never meant to be a huge money maker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say there were people who were cautious as well. Look at a previous game that took a long time to release and problems during development. I'm sure the game wouldn't turn out as bad, but there was always the possibility of this being The Last Guardian Forever.

Anyway, I put it on my Santa list so my copy probably wouldn't be included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

UK only, yes. Physical sales only, yes.

PS4 sales in the UK over the last 3 years completely dwarf the Xbox One. Sony just announced 50 million PS4's sold worldwide last week and we know the UK does massively well for Sony.

The Last Guardian launch day sales alone should easily be higher than Dead Rising 4 on Xbox One for a week. Easily.

TLG was never going to sell huge amounts of copies. The hype surrounding it was more to do with how long the game took to come out and the repeated changes in trailers and release dates building up anticipation for the game. However, that doesn't translate into day one purchases. The majority of people who would have bought this at launch would have been fans of Ico and SOTC, which is a fairly small number compared to those who have played Dead Rising games, which is a franchise which will appeal to a lot more people than the likes of Ico/SOTC/TLG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Penn wrote: »
    TLG was never going to sell huge amounts of copies. The hype surrounding it was more to do with how long the game took to come out and the repeated changes in trailers and release dates building up anticipation for the game. However, that doesn't translate into day one purchases. The majority of people who would have bought this at launch would have been fans of Ico and SOTC, which is a fairly small number compared to those who have played Dead Rising games, which is a franchise which will appeal to a lot more people than the likes of Ico/SOTC/TLG.

I still haven't even seen dead rising 4. The last one wasn't great(it was just okay) and I didn't even know Dead Rising 4 existed until a few days ago.

I don't see the appeal of Dead Rising over the last guardian at all and I not an Ico fan. I can't see there being much demand on XB1 for Dead Rising so I think I'll hold out and get TLG on sale. It looks beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Niche game - and the closest thing to an art game launched in the AAA space since possibly Shadow of the Collossus (at least since Dark Souls) - outsold by silly zombie sequel. Any suggestion this is a surprise is mere provocation.

More importantly, The Last Guardian is one of the greatest games ever made, and frankly I put quite a bit more weight in its peerless artistic accomplishments over what shooting game outsold it.

One of the greatest games ever made? High praise indeed. It'll be interesting to see if that general sentiment still holds true in a year or two once the initial hype has died down. At least it has turned out to be a good game for all its troubled development period, and technical issues notwithstanding, hasn't turned out to be a disaster like Duke nukem forever.

I can't understand the love for dead rising myself, it never clicked for me as a series and I tried to give it a shot on many occasions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got ACTIVE SOCCER 2 DX for vita but its crossbuy between ps4 and vita, enjoying it so far anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone know of state valley is cross buy on PS 4 and vita?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I believe it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One of the greatest games ever made? High praise indeed. It'll be interesting to see if that general sentiment still holds true in a year or two once the initial hype has died down. At least it has turned out to be a good game for all its troubled development period, and technical issues notwithstanding, hasn't turned out to be a disaster like Duke nukem forever.

Put it this way: I have always argued that ICO is one of the greatest games ever made, and as far as I'm concerned TLG improves on it in almost every way. It thusly follows that, yes, I would talk about it in superlatives :)

Of course, I also don't believe it will appeal to everyone. No game will, but I think TLG's appeal is more specific again. Still, as far as I'm concerned it sets a new high-water mark for the gaming's ability to marry gameplay, theme and narrative. I would hope that its achievements are only celebrated even more once the release excitement dies down and people sit down to more thoroughly analyse the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Stardew Valley? Not on Vita at the minute tempted to buy it but Steamworld Heist has me glued to my Vita atm

ERG89 wrote: »

Stardew Valley? Not on Vita at the minute tempted to buy it but Steamworld Heist has me glued to my Vita atm

Might wait it out so and hope it comes to vita soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is there any way to disconnect my account from my PS4 but keep the games downloaded on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Lads is there any way to disconnect my account from my PS4 but keep the games downloaded on it?

I seriously doubt it. Otherwise two people could be playing the same game with one license. I'd be shocked if Sony allowed that to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

As soon as you deactivate it as your primary any other account logging in to that PS4 will no longer be able to play your games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it. Otherwise two people could be playing the same game with one license. I'd be shocked if Sony allowed that to happen.

I deleted my US account from my PS4 and Fallout 4 (which I bought with the US account) is still playable in my usual account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I deleted my US account from my PS4 and Fallout 4 (which I bought with the US account) is still playable in my usual account.

Did you deactivate your ps4 as the primary console on your US account before deleting the US account ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Did you deactivate your ps4 as the primary console on your US account before deleting the US account ?

Nope...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Nope...

That's how you can still play the game then :P

If you are selling your ps4 on , always make sure that you deactivate the primary accounts registered to the console first as it can cause issues in the future for you . You can deactivate the console online if you log into your account , but you can only do that once every 6 months .

• Advertisement

My ps4 has suddenly started to sound like a jet engine. I cleaned it about a month ago and it was fine but now i need to turn the TV up to hear games over the noise of the fan. Is this normal? What would cause this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

My ps4 has suddenly started to sound like a jet engine. I cleaned it about a month ago and it was fine but now i need to turn the TV up to hear games over the noise of the fan. Is this normal? What would cause this?

Older model? Think a lot of those ones will make loud noises under load. I found Doom to be killer on my old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone else having trouble logging into their american PSN account?

I'm trying to switch user and it's telling me to log into PSN, when I go to do that it says I need to reset the password before I login... Not sure why, but it says it's sent an email to my account with instructions on how to reset.

The email still hasn't come, been trying for 2 days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble logging into their american PSN account?

I'm trying to switch user and it's telling me to log into PSN, when I go to do that it says I need to reset the password before I login... Not sure why, but it says it's sent an email to my account with instructions on how to reset.

The email still hasn't come, been trying for 2 days...

Have you tried logging in online on a PC?

Worst case scenario is its possible someones knicked your login and changed your details.

Other than PC, try and give them a ring Monday morning :/

madcabbage wrote: »

Older model? Think a lot of those ones will make loud noises under load. I found Doom to be killer on my old one.

Ye it's an older model but it's like that for every game I play, disc, digital, big and small. It might be the space it's in is a little too confinded maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Glico Man wrote: »
    Have you tried logging in online on a PC?

Worst case scenario is its possible someones knicked your login and changed your details.

Other than PC, try and give them a ring Monday morning :/

Yeah I tried on a PC.

But the weird thing is it's saying it's emailing my email but nothing's coming through...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I caved and brought ezio collection.....kinda wish I'd waited the sales next week now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah I tried on a PC.

But the weird thing is it's saying it's emailing my email but nothing's coming through...

Have a look in your spam folder just in case and Could someone have changed the email address used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Question thinking of picking up the Ass creed 2 remaster. How does it play on the PS4 ?.

Also when is FF 15 post to be on one of the deals of Xmess ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Question thinking of picking up the Ass creed 2 remaster. How does it play on the PS4 ?.

Also when is FF 15 post to be on one of the deals of Xmess ?.

Christmas Eve (i.e. The last offer) for FF xv going by the leaked list

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement