Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I wish Sony would release an app to check controller's performance. A simple tool to check if the pad is working correctly.

I've had issues when playing Fifa lately where I couldn't score from angles where I normally would.

Had a game with a friend of mine and on two occasions instead of moving the ball forward using the stick my player has gone backwards and lost the ball.

Penalty time aiming left I sent it wide to the right side, most hilarious penalty ever.

Got a new one today, v2, and after two games I can see everything is back to normal. No more crazy shots :D

Are there any tools online to check for faults, or do we have to wait until the fault is obvious rather than intermittent to replace the controller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

wonski wrote: »
    I wish Sony would release an app to check controller's performance. A simple tool to check if the pad is working correctly.

I've had issues when playing Fifa lately where I couldn't score from angles where I normally would.

Had a game with a friend of mine and on two occasions instead of moving the ball forward using the stick my player has gone backwards and lost the ball.

Penalty time aiming left I sent it wide to the right side, most hilarious penalty ever.

Got a new one today, v2, and after two games I can see everything is back to normal. No more crazy shots :D

Are there any tools online to check for faults, or do we have to wait until the fault is obvious rather than intermittent to replace the controller?

Defualt Windows will let you see if it's working, and you'll get some more information if using Steam and their own drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Varik wrote: »
    Defualt Windows will let you see if it's working, and you'll get some more information if using Steam and their own drivers.

Will look into that. I am thinking of more of a test rather than simple working/not working status though.

Edit: Just found a video of a test done on Windows 8.1, will try if it works on 10.

Just connected it to the laptop, clicked Devices and could test it using basic properties menu.

Thanks Varik.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

The newsest update for my Pro always fails to download. Any ideas why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Lack of space? Only reason I ever had for failing to download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

RedXIV wrote: »
    Lack of space? Only reason I ever had for failing to download

Have 800GB free so that can't be it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Try downloads from website, put it on a USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anybody know of anywhere to trade in deals of the launch 500gb model against the Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Anybody know of anywhere to trade in deals of the launch 500gb model against the Pro?

No. The Gamestop one ended a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Gravity Rush 2 demo releasing tomorrow at 6pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Question... I bought battlefield digitally on a US account set up on my console, play exclusively with my Irish psn.

Any issues if I was to get premium on the Irish account, would it work fine?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

maximoose wrote: »
    Question... I bought battlefield digitally on a US account set up on my console, play exclusively with my Irish psn.

Any issues if I was to get premium on the Irish account, would it work fine?

Would not work.
    DLC should be bought on same account as main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gravity Rush 2 demo releasing tomorrow at 6pm

Nier Automata demo too although I don't know what time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ERG89 wrote: »
    Nier Automata demo too although I don't know what time.....

It's on the store now, you might need to use the web store to find it as it doesn't show on the mobile app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Did not think much of the Nier demo at all.

Standard Platinum hack and slash nonsense and i got knocked into a part of the level i couldn't get out of so i had to quit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just got my ps4 pro 😊😊😊😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

PSN down for any one? Not working here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PSN down for any one? Not working here.

all fine for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

It's working now but it asked me to update my Profile before letting me log in. Never had to do that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

It's working now but it asked me to update my Profile before letting me log in. Never had to do that before.

My son had to that about 2hrs ago . My account was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah that happened to me too after the last update, wasn't giving any indication that I had to do it. Spent about a half hour on google trying to figure out what was wrong before I clicked into my friends list and it popped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bloodborne goty, Last Guardian, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gravity Rush for PS4 have appeared under the tree.

Is Gravity Rush cross save with vita since played a bit of it when got it on plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Bloodborne goty, Last Guardian, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gravity Rush for PS4 have appeared under the tree.

Is Gravity Rush cross save with vita since played a bit of it when got it on plus?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is Firewatch worth the 9.99 it's currently on sale for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Is Firewatch worth the 9.99 it's currently on sale for?

I really enjoyed it so I'd say yeah. You're getting it for story, not for gameplay really. A walking simulator as they call them, but I don't regret getting it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd splash out the extra couple of euro for the edition with the theme. Best theme on ps4 but you can look it up on YouTube to see what it's like if you're interested anyway. I'd highly recommend it at a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Can someone please reccomend me a new hard drive for my PS4? I have a launch console.

I'd like a 2TB model and would also like to improve the performance (loading times etc.) as much as possible.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Beefy78 wrote: »

Thanks for that. Did read through and it seems everyone is reccomending or installed the Seagate one. I have heard reports it is not great. I dont want to use one that will affect the performance less it is in a positive way.

Surprisingly difficult to find reccomendations online, ive tried a good few searches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement