Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've got the Seagate one. Having the extra storage is fantastic and it doesn't slow down loading times at all that I've noticed.

I do have a momentary stuttering when playing Madden which is annoying (as it is my most played game) which wasn't there before I swapped the HDD. I've not noticed any performance issues on any other game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I bought myself a Samsung HDD back in March last year and have had no issues so far (touch wood). Can't find the item on Amazon atm though...

Don't notice any improvement in loading time, but I doubt a standard HDD would be much different in comparison to the default drive.

Maybe an SSHD/hybrid drive might show a difference, but then you'd be looking at a higher price point. Especially for a 2TB drive. I'd imagine the load time differences would be negligible for the price of a hybrid drive too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ive just spotted this Toshiba. Seems good in that it is 7200rpm? I understand the stock ps4 is 5400rpm.

It is 6 x 23 x 15 cm or 'form factor' 3.5" - would that fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anybody else a farming sim convert, it's funny, it's quite a simple game but you waste hours on it.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ive just spotted this Toshiba. Seems good in that it is 7200rpm? I understand the stock ps4 is 5400rpm.

It is 6 x 23 x 15 cm or 'form factor' 3.5" - would that fit?

It's 2 big but you can get an adapter.

Like this.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/DongCoh-Cover-Drive-Station-Black/dp/B019Q2BSJO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483020940&sr=8-3&keywords=external+ps4+hard+drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Woke up this morning craving a game of Jak & Daxter, really wish they'd put them on the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Personally wouldn't recommend Toshiba HDD as I've had terrible experience with them. My last one failed within a month of purchasing! Currently using the 2tb seagate one in a launch PS4 and I've had no issues so far.

Those adapters are pretty ugly.
    Seagate seems to be one of few options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Personally wouldn't recommend Toshiba HDD as I've had terrible experience with them. My last one failed within a month of purchasing! Currently using the 2tb seagate one in a launch PS4 and I've had no issues so far.

I have a 1tb Toshiba SSHD since my launch PS4, it's in my Pro now and still going strong over 3 years later...

Never had a Seagate fail either mind you... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Fieldog wrote: »
    I have a 1tb Toshiba SSHD since my launch PS4, it's in my Pro now and still going strong over 3 years later...

Never had a Seagate fail either mind you... :)

True. I've heard good things about Toshiba, that's why I went with them for a HDD for my PC... failing within a month has lead to me becoming a seagate fan now :P use them in all PCs/Consoles I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah have the 2 TB seagate in my launch PS4 too never ever had a problem with it

Seagate FireCuda looks like a good option. €128.

The Seagate Portable is €120 in Argos now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

JamboMac wrote: »
    Anybody else a farming sim convert, it's funny, it's quite a simple game but you waste hours on it.

Yep haven't played in a couple of weeks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought i would start playing Uncharted 4 before bed. But still 3.5gb of 12gb to go. So looks like will have to start another night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JamboMac wrote: »

Yes! Great games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sony confirmed that Uncharted 4 sold 8.7million copies to date, that's crazy numbers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Sony confirmed that Uncharted 4 sold 8.7million copies to date, that's crazy numbers!

Some going alright and probably helped by sales of the PS4 bundles recently.
    Trying to find numbers to equate this to.
    By the end of 2015, Bloodborne had sold 2 million copies.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4s-bloodborne-sells-2-million/1100-6430572/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Trying to find numbers to equate this to.

Last gen, the following exclusive games sold best on PS3:

Gran Turismo 5 - 11.94 million
    The Last of Us - 7 million
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 6.6 million
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 6.5 million
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 6 million

8.7 is incredibly good after 9 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm playing Uncharted 4 at the moment having picked it up in the 12 days of Christmas thing.

I don't like it. It's stunning to look at but the gameplay is horrible and lazy. I find it hard to believe at times that the same people who made TLOU made the Uncharted games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Beefy78 wrote:
    I don't like it. It's stunning to look at but the gameplay is horrible and lazy. I find it hard to believe at times that the same people who made TLOU made the Uncharted games.

Found it a chore too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Only felt a chore to me when Elena was in it for some reason.
    I think it's all in the same universe.
    1st one revealed the artifact that creates the monsters or virus from TLOU, and the end of this one, anyone else notice the music...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Taltos wrote: »
    1st one revealed the artifact that creates the monsters or virus from TLOU
    Did it?

Day of the tentacle free on ps plus hooray.

Evade wrote: »
    Did it?

Tell us more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Payday and the last day of the January sale being on the same day was handy for me. Got the Infinite Warfare/CoD4 pack, Uncharted 4, The Technomancer, Darkest Dungeon and Psychonauts. Now I just have to find the time to play them.

Is there a V2 white Dualshock out, That can be bought from bricks and mortar?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Taltos wrote: »
    1st one revealed the artifact that creates the monsters or virus from TLOU, and the end of this one, anyone else notice the music...

Post your source or go back to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there a V2 white Dualshock out, That can be bought from bricks and mortar?.
    I got one in Argos a few weeks ago. Make sure it has V2 in the item description because they still stock the old ones too.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    I got one in Argos a few weeks ago. Make sure it has V2 in the item description because they still stock the old ones too.

I checked but their site but I doesn't say if it's V2 so didn't wanna take the chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement