Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Taltos wrote: »
    Only felt a chore to me when Elena was in it for some reason.
    I think it's all in the same universe.
    1st one revealed the artifact that creates the monsters or virus from TLOU, and the end of this one, anyone else notice the music...

TLOU was set in 2013 and U4 was set in 2016 so can't be the same universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I checked but their site but I doesn't say if it's V2 so didn't wanna take the chance.

The white one on the Argos site isn't V2. The release date says 17th October 2014 whereas the black V2 controller on the site says 16th October 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

hefferboi wrote: »
    TLOU was set in 2013 and U4 was set in 2016 so can't be the same universe

Missed the years bit, as I said it was just a theory I had.
    The artefact from the 1st one was the ideal way to introduce the virus and the music at the end of U4 for me closed the loop or brought them closer together. Clearly with the years though that's my idea shot out from under me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wasn't there a newspaper on the bar in uncharted 3 that had a headline along the lines of "scientists still trying to figure out deadly zombie virus" or equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I checked but their site but I doesn't say if it's V2 so didn't wanna take the chance.

It says V2 in the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Evade wrote: »

That's Red, it was this White one I couldn't find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I bought God Of War 3 remastered on the PS Store a while back, but never got around to downloading it. Went to do so last night and it says I have not bought it, but I have a receipt stating I have.

Anyone got an email address to where I can query this?

EDIT: Forget it. Found one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimmick wrote: »
    I bought God Of War 3 remastered on the PS Store a while back, but never got around to downloading it. Went to do so last night and it says I have not bought it, but I have a receipt stating I have.

ta

Think similar happened to me when I was buying stuff from the Black Friday store sales. Chose not to download them but then a few days later, it was showing that I hadn't bought them.

Try finding something free or cheap on the store to download. Add it to your cart (as opposed to downloading it straight from the game page), then when it allows you to download it, GoW3 should also be there for you to select to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

if you log onto the store on a PC or phone and view your download list you should see it there and will have the option to set it to download to your device... At least that is what I had to do with the Uncharted Collection recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Anyone know if you can buy PSN credit in GameStop with a voucher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

gimmick wrote: »

EDIT: Forget it. Found one.

Check that you haven't purchased it in a different region like US. I've made this mistake before :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,784 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Taltos wrote: »
    Missed the years bit, as I said it was just a theory I had.
    The artefact from the 1st one was the ideal way to introduce the virus and the music at the end of U4 for me closed the loop or brought them closer together. Clearly with the years though that's my idea shot out from under me.

*Puts on pedantic hat*

It was a fungus in TLOU, not a virus.

*Takes off pedantic hat*

They're still ****ing zombies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Anyone know if you can buy PSN credit in GameStop with a voucher?

You can indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Seagate FireCuda looks like a good option. €128.

The Seagate Portable is €120 in Argos now.

As an update, bought and installed the Firecuda. Working great. Slight performance improvement and shıt ton of storage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

You can indeed.

Cheers man. I thought they would have some rule in place to gouge more profit out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Dying to get God Of War 3 again anyone seen it really cheap like less then 10 euros anywhere ?.

As sadly missed it the last time on PSN or am i better off waiting for it to show back up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dying to get God Of War 3 again anyone seen it really cheap like less then 10 euros anywhere ?.

As sadly missed it the last time on PSN or am i better off waiting for it to show back up ?

I got it for 8 dollars off the US store a few weeks ago when it was on special....

I never played one before this, and I've had all the PS consoles, I always dismissed them for some reason, oh how wrong I was.... :)

I'll definitely be getting the new one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had a few things show up as not bought on PSN, thing is they were still on my download list and would run when downloaded. From chat it's down to changes on the game on the store: I bought the RC launch version and the one on the store now is version 2 but there's no difference.

You can also see it sometimes with pre-orders where the release games are separate to the pre-order but the pre-order wasn't removed, can find a few if you search on PS prices where 2 games show up with one being full price but you're not eligible to buy it and another you can buy.

Until dawn, preorder showing up on listings still along with reduced and buyable version

Long story short you can't sort this over email as it's an account thing, been through it twice as I just notice when looking at sales and such if it shows up.

On the web store it usually does have it down to buy it but also to download it but on the console store I don't know I assume it just ask you to buy it.

PlayStation Support:
    01 691 7379

Opening Hours:
    08:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday
    10:00 to 18:00 Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Guerrilla Cambridge are being shut down.
    Sony is closing the Cambridge branch of Guerrilla Games, GamesIndustry.biz has learned. All employees will be laid off.

Sony has confirmed the impending shutdown to us, saying that the compulsory redundancies are "regrettable". The decision to close the studio comes from a review of all current PlayStation projects and resources, with the platform holder concluding that "in order to deliver on our strategic objectives, it is necessary to make some changes to the European studios structure".

Very disappointing as both RIGS and Killzone Mercenary are excellent games. Hope the staff find new positions quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Otacon wrote: »

Very disappointing as both RIGS and Killzone Mercenary are excellent games. Hope the staff find new positions quickly.

That's a shame. They were on a hiding to nothing with Rigs. It was never gonna be a big seller.

• Advertisement

That's a shame. They were on a hiding to nothing with Rigs. It was never gonna be a big seller.

It wasn't, but I assume Sony and GG knew that and set their sales expectations accordingly. I'd say this is more of a case of managing their resources versus the cost of keeping an internal studio.

PlayStation 4 System Update 4.5 Beta Sign-Ups Open

No idea what's coming but as it's 4.5 rather than 5, I don't expect monumental changes either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    PlayStation 4 System Update 4.5 Beta Sign-Ups Open

No idea what's coming but as it's 4.5 rather than 5, I don't expect monumental changes either.

Wouldn't be beta testing if there wasn't something nifty in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi folks, has anyone got any suggestions as to what to get for less than $19. I was looking at hitman intro but I know thats only the intro and Paris map. Also looked at stardew valley. I also saw the division survival dlc as an outside bet but not sure if I would put much time into it. Any other suggestions?[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi folks, has anyone got any suggestions as to what to get for less than $19. I was looking at hitman intro but I know thats only the intro and Paris map. Also looked at stardew valley. I also saw the division survival dlc as an outside bet but not sure if I would put much time into it. Any other suggestions?[/font]
    Any genre in particular you're looking for? Something to last forever or just something to last the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

No particular genre really. I guess more something for the weekend really, not pushed. Don't get a huge amount of time to put into gaming these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Star Wars Battlefront is stupidly cheap everywhere for what you can get. Perfect 'pick up and play' game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Star Wars Battlefront is stupidly cheap everywhere for what you can get. Perfect 'pick up and play' game.

But no depth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone else getting horribly slow download times since last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

duploelabs wrote: »
    But no depth

How much depth do you need for a weekend? It's a stupid shooting game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement