Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Highly recommend Overcooked for anyone looking for 4-player, local co-op fun. Really easy to pick up and play, very addictive and tricky to master. Up there with Towerfall as best local Ps4 games I've played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Tusky wrote: »
    Highly recommend Overcooked for anyone looking for 4-player, local co-op fun. Really easy to pick up and play, very addictive and tricky to master. Up there with Towerfall as best local Ps4 games I've played.

Very difficult game. I played 2 player and if both of ye get stuck in one side when the centre spins, it is chaos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Tusky wrote: »
    Great game, causes ruptions with the family, should come with a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, Whats the story with ps4 controller now? I got launch console and got already two. Looking to get one more for kid, so 3 of us can play stuff together.
    There are V2 versions and are they better then original ones? Do they have at least better battery?

And anyone knows where could I get good deal on controller from Brick and Mortor shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Guys, Whats the story with ps4 controller now? I got launch console and got already two. Looking to get one more for kid, so 3 of us can play stuff together.
    There are V2 versions and are they better then original ones? Do they have at least better battery?

And anyone knows where could I get good deal on controller from Brick and Mortor shop?

Battery life is the same, the only differences between V2 and V1 are the new light bar and that you can play directly through USB connectivity to the PS4 which reduces lag time (although it's barely noticeable as is).

The best deals I've seen for controllers are through Argos when the sales on and they're around €48. Quick look says the black DS4 V2 is €58 which is around the low end of non-sale prices really

• Advertisement

Battery life is the same, the only differences between V2 and V1 are the new light bar and that you can play directly through USB connectivity to the PS4 which reduces lag time (although it's barely noticeable as is).

The best deals I've seen for controllers are through Argos when the sales on and they're around €48. Quick look says the black DS4 V2 is €58 which is around the low end of non-sale prices really

Thanks. Argos would suit me well as I got some vouchers.

So no point really going v2? Generally same controller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thanks. Argos would suit me well as I got some vouchers.

So no point really going v2? Generally same controller?

Nothing that's a game changer, but I think a lot of stores have discontinued V1 controllers. General rule is that coloured ones are more expensive than the black ones. I think argos only have the V2 ones.

Okay, cheers for heads up here on controller.

I was in argos and they had it on system online and not in store. Was weird. Had to go gamestop.

Picked up:

V2 black controller
    1 year psn sub
    70 credit.

Got in sale:

For family:

Minecraft
    Plants vs zombies garden warfare
    Magicka 2

For myself:
    Salt and sanctuary
    Darkest dungoen

Saturday will have family game night with pizza.
    We got on roaster:

Towerfall ascend
    Minecraft
    Magicka 2
    Little big planet (ps4 version)
    Trine 2
    Tomb raider Co op game.

Heard a lot of good about Overcooked as in Co op game. Might pick that up later on. For now it's way too big damage to the wallet already. I promised little one a game night, so have to keep promise. Enough games for now. Will be funny to see misses try playing games with us. She liked little big planet though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

AW that should be great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, I remember being in front on the pool table only to hit the pocket in such a way that don't go down the hole.
    Wonder will it have Violet Berlin.

duploelabs wrote: »

I played the arse off that on Sega genesis and it was such a hard game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bought a game called Toybox Turbo's awhile ago on steam to try get a bit of nostalgia going,turned out wasnt a patch on micro machines,or at least how i remember it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Anyone else getting random Group chat messages on PSN inviting you to use a link to get a discount?
    I've already deleted one such group chat but got another overnight - very strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I've had two of those in the last week, report and delete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya, I played Table Top Racers from PSN but the lack of offline multiplayer made it redundant for me. It should be top down view as well of course . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I remember playing a lot of Mashed on the PS2 (had to Google-fu the name because I couldn't remember it). It was a poor substitute for Micro Machines though. Cousins and I used to love Micro Machines on the Mega-Drive and had regular tournaments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ya, I played Table Top Racers from PSN but the lack of offline multiplayer made it redundant for me. It should be top down view as well of course . .

Yeah TTR is very good and the learning curve gets very steep in the latter stages but the lack of local MP is such a let-down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Micro Machines is the greatest local multiplayer game of all time.

There, I've said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there anyway to buy 5 dollar credit online? I'm trying to buy a game off the US Store and my Paypal ain't working. And I've tried using my card with an american account but it's saying my card number is wrong for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Micro Machines is the greatest local multiplayer game of all time.

There, I've said it.

Speed Freaks was great craic on the PS1.
    Also Bomberman.

Golden Eye split screen deserves a mention for classic couch co op too,Mario Kart is prob my favourite couch co op off all time though.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Golden Eye split screen deserves a mention for classic couch co op too,Mario Kart is prob my favourite couch co op off all time though.

Towerfall ascend is the best if you got 4 people, few drinks and pizza. When I still lived in Cork away from misses I had such game nights at my place good few times.

I really wish consoles would have more local multiplayer these days. This is where consoles strength over pc still exists.

Last few days I was on the mission to get as many best local multiplayer games as I could. I managed to bag a lot. Now I hope tomorrow everyone will have a good crack.
    I had a choice between xbox one amd ps4 and hands down ps4 won with its library.

Towerfall ascend is the best if you got 4 people, few drinks and pizza. When I still lived in Cork away from misses I had such game nights at my place good few times.

I really wish consoles would have more local multiplayer these days. This is where consoles strength over pc still exists.

Last few days I was on the mission to get as many best local multiplayer games as I could. I managed to bag a lot. Now I hope tomorrow everyone will have a good crack.
    I had a choice between xbox one amd ps4 and hands down ps4 won with its library.

I couldnt get into Towerfall at all,might have something to do with the fact was only two of us playing,same with Sports Friends,both highly praised games that just didnt grab me.

Also i only have 2 controllers as the things are so expensive.

I couldnt get into Towerfall at all,might have something to do with the fact was only two of us playing,same with Sports Friends,both highly praised games that just didnt grab me.

Also i only have 2 controllers as the things are so expensive.

That's the the thing about Towerfall ascend. You need 4 players, or at least 3. With two it's boring. When there are 4 people in free for all blood thirst. It becomes such a mess! You dodging arrows from one player while trying to shoot player 2, but by some pure fluke it hits player 4, who tired shoot player 1! Then you hear "**** you!!!!", a lot of laughs, watching reply and then personal revenge campaigns start. :)
    Was just showing it to misses and there were only two of us and it sucked. You need at least one more.

Don't tell me about the price of controllers. I just got one from gamestop and I think one of my old ones on the way out as it gets r1 stuck randomly for some reason.

Great Co op game for 2 people on ps4 is Diablo 3. I don't think misses will let me teach 7 year old how to slay demons in style just yet. :)

Lost a lot of hours to Diablo 3,great game. Played it the odd time in co op an yeah id agree its a great game for that,especially when ye get past the story and start getting the really good loot!!

If i ever manage to have 4 controllers ill revisit Towerfall and try figure out what all the hype is all about!

Lost a lot of hours to Diablo 3,great game. Played it the odd time in co op an yeah id agree its a great game for that,especially when ye get past the story and start getting the really good loot!!

If i ever manage to have 4 controllers ill revisit Towerfall and try figure out what all the hype is all about!

I spent embarrassing amount in Diablo 3 on pc, but played a good bit on 360 and I got it on ps4 too. Its amazing how good it is on consoles. Blizzard did a great job.

I did not had 4 controllers, but I had friends with their own ps4s. They would bring in their controllers for game nights. Little thinking out of the box. :) If you got irl friends near by, it's possible and cheaper. :)
    Since I moved in to limerick I don't have any local friends here, which sucks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Is it at all possible to set my secondary account to someone that doesn't have Internet? I'm aware it sounds unlikely but so cheese and dessert and cheese cake is daycent..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

GerB40 wrote: »
    Is it at all possible to set my secondary account to someone that doesn't have Internet? I'm aware it sounds unlikely but so cheese and dessert and cheese cake is daycent..

Could use the hotspot on your phone to connect there PS to the internet and download your profile. But, if it's sharing your games with them you'll need to download them all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Speed Freaks was great craic on the PS1.

Speed Freaks is an excellent kart racer and far better than the poor mans diddy kong racing that is CTR which for some reason is getting some historical revisionism as some sort of classic it never was by Millenials who never played a decent Mario Kart.

Also made in Ireland but Sony screwed the dev team over to promote CTR.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement