Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I spent embarrassing amount in Diablo 3 on pc, but played a good bit on 360 and I got it on ps4 too. Its amazing how good it is on consoles. Blizzard did a great job.

I did not had 4 controllers, but I had friends with their own ps4s. They would bring in their controllers for game nights. Little thinking out of the box. :) If you got irl friends near by, it's possible and cheaper. :)
    Since I moved in to limerick I don't have any local friends here, which sucks a lot.

Was me and one mate playing Diablo mostly,i got my fist toon to paragon 180 or so then joined a public game one night and within seconds my paragon had shot all the way up to over 500!!! Had to delete my save and start from scratch,which was painful,but stck with it and played a crap load more. Great game.

I still live local to where i grew up so still pretty close to all my childhood friends which is nice,most have PS4's so i could ask them to bring up controllers. A lot of my friends have children now so opputunites to have a good few up on the same night are limited,but next time ive a group over ill get them to bring controllers. Might actually see why everyone likes Towerfall then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone having problems watching live sky TV on the playstation 4?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Tyson Fury wrote: »

It was giving me trouble for a few days. Timing out, disconnecting, etc. Last weekend, I couldn't get anything to play. The app would close every time I went to open a channel.

Touch wood, it has worked fine for me since I deleted the app and downloaded again so it could be worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It was giving me trouble for a few days. Timing out, disconnecting, etc. Last weekend, I couldn't get anything to play. The app would close every time I went to open a channel.

Touch wood, it has worked fine for me since I deleted the app and downloaded again so it could be worth a try.

Same thing happened to me last week. If you deleted and reinstalled you could get one show to work but then would crash if you tried to change channel.

I'm having some buffering tonight but nothing crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Massive problems! Keeps crashing when I want to watch live

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sky, believe in better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057629739/5/#post102260367

Big thread here on any Sky Go problems on PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm having the same Sky issues. It was working for a few months, now whenever I got to a live stream, it crashes. I can watch on demand with no issues, but the live hasn't worked despite a PS4 reset, database rebuild, and a reinstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Looking to invest in a PS4 next week. Trading in a lot of stuff so will more than likely buying in CEX. Anybody able to inform if there is much difference between the 2 below;

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS4500GB002#.WIYFx9KLSM8 Standard 500GB PS4

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS4S500GB002#.WIYF0tKLSM8 Slim 500GB.

Is there any difference apart from the physical size of the machine? Both come with 2 year warranty. Also see a 1TB there, but not sure if this will be needed (Will be used for Netflix and Fifa, maybe 1 or 2 more games max).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

wardides wrote: »
    Looking to invest in a PS4 next week. Trading in a lot of stuff so will more than likely buying in CEX. Anybody able to inform if there is much difference between the 2 below;

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS4500GB002#.WIYFx9KLSM8 Standard 500GB PS4

Is there any difference apart from the physical size of the machine? Both come with 2 year warranty. Also see a 1TB there, but not sure if this will be needed (Will be used for Netflix and Fifa, maybe 1 or 2 more games max).

Does unboxed mean brand new? Cause you can get the slim brand new in argos for an extra 4 euro.

If that's your planned usage, you won't need 1TB (you can always upgrade it later if your needs change). I haven't used the slim, so not sure if there are any differences besides the look, but I have heard it's quieter than the original PS4. It'll also come with the new PS4 controllers, but again, there isn't a huge difference between between them and the originals either.

• Advertisement

Is there any way of finding out what an online game's active userbase is? I'm thinking no.

I'd like to buy Blood Bowl 2 in the sale but suspect that I'd struggle to find a game online let alone a league.

Benzino wrote: »
    Does unboxed mean brand new? Cause you can get the slim brand new in argos for an extra 4 euro.

If that's your planned usage, you won't need 1TB (you can always upgrade it later if your needs change). I haven't used the slim, so not sure if there are any differences besides the look, but I have heard it's not quieter than the original PS4. It'll also come with the new PS4 controllers, but again, there isn't a huge difference between between them and the originals either.

No everything from CEX is used I think, but decent quality. 2 year warranty & the fact I can get rid of my playstation 3 & games and trade it off it was my reasoning behind going here. Unboxed just means essentially that, not in a box. In good condition and with all the contents of a new box, without the box! Getting about 150 quid for my Slim PS3 and about 12 games (nothing new, GTAV the only recent one) which I can trade off against this and get the PS4 & Fifa 17 for 180 all in.

Not sure I'd get 150 quid on Donedeal or Adverts for my PS3, hence me looking to trade in here!

No everything from CEX is used I think, but decent quality. 2 year warranty & the fact I can get rid of my playstation 3 & games and trade it off it was my reasoning behind going here. Unboxed just means essentially that, not in a box. In good condition and with all the contents of a new box, without the box! Getting about 150 quid for my Slim PS3 and about 12 games (nothing new, GTAV the only recent one) which I can trade off against this and get the PS4 & Fifa 17 for 180 all in.

Not sure I'd get 150 quid on Donedeal or Adverts for my PS3, hence me looking to trade in here!

Ah my bad, I forgot Cex give you more for a voucher over cash when trading in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If that's your planned usage, you won't need 1TB (you can always upgrade it later if your needs change). I haven't used the slim, so not sure if there are any differences besides the look, but I have heard it's not quieter than the original PS4. It'll also come with the new PS4 controllers, but again, there isn't a huge difference between between them and the originals either.

Slim is quite a bit smaller, and much quieter than the original PS4. I would wonder who is giving the
    2 year warranty on it though, is it CEX themselves?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Slim is quite a bit smaller, and much quieter than the original PS4. I would wonder who is giving the
    2 year warranty on it though, is it CEX themselves?

As they only deal in used items I imagine it purely comes through themselves. 24 month warranty, where they will try and repair, and if this does not work a replacement one will be given.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Slim is quite a bit smaller, and much quieter than the original PS4.

Sorry that's correct, mis-typed it. Yeah I've heard the Slim is quieter than the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sorry that's correct, mis-typed it. Yeah I've heard the Slim is quieter than the original.

The slim is soooo quiet, i upgraded to one from a launch model, you can barely hear it at all.

The slim is soooo quiet, i upgraded to one from a launch model, you can barely hear it at all.

Maybe I was lucky, but my standard PS4 is no louder than my Xbox One. And both are quieter than the transformer on my TV :rolleyes:

My PS4 is usually very quiet and then randomly decides to do it's best 'Ryanair plane at Dublin Airport' impression for an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My PS4 is usually very quiet and then randomly decides to do it's best 'Ryanair plane at Dublin Airport' impression for an hour or so.

Funny that mine started doing the same last night.wonder if it will be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Always go for unboxed condition. Discounted is cheaper, but they can give you any old third party controller with that.

Always go for unboxed condition. Discounted is cheaper, but they can give you any old third party controller with that.

Yeah I read that, will definitely will be following suit. Out of interest, have you purchased a console off them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody else have to close apps from the Quick Menu now? When I press options to an open app or a closed one the only option I get is to delete.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How long will the maintenance last for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

There's maintenance? It's been fine for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

We're aware that some users are experiencing issues logging into PSN. Thanks for your patience as we investigate:

https://twitter.com/AskPS_UK

https://status.playstation.com/en-ie/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dudeeile wrote: »
    There's maintenance? It's been fine for me.
    F1ngers wrote: »

Ahhhhhh

I got In eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Due to be back at half 3. Emphasis on the "Due":pac:

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody else have to close apps from the Quick Menu now? When I press options to an open app or a closed one the only option I get is to delete.

It's the same for me,don't understand why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

It's the same for me,don't understand why.

Yeah, I used to have the option to close, check/view updates etc. All gone now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement