Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have many people here traded in the old model for the slim? Was it worthwhile? I'm thinking I might do it if I found a good deal on it because my launch model is so bloody loud, have to turn the TV up to drown it out, and this is after a clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Have many people here traded in the old model for the slim? Was it worthwhile? I'm thinking I might do it if I found a good deal on it because my launch model is so bloody loud, have to turn the TV up to drown it out, and this is after a clean.

I did it with the black slim back in November. No regrets, very quiet, and energy efficient as well I believe. Handy in terms of warranty too if you can get a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

madcabbage wrote: »
    I did it with the black slim back in November. No regrets, very quiet, and energy efficient as well I believe. Handy in terms of warranty too if you can get a good deal.

On warranty, I can't seem to see anything in regards to this? Between buying one from CEX or new one from Argos but no word on warranty from argos? Is there a warranty from Sony?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I did. Very happy with it, at the time it cost me €105 to change from 500GB original PS4 to a brand new slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

wardides wrote: »
    madcabbage wrote: »

On warranty, I can't seem to see anything in regards to this? Between buying one from CEX or new one from Argos but no word on warranty from argos? Is there a warranty from Sony?

Unless you've the original receipt Sony won't cover used under warranty, and your consumer right with shop are weaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone pick up Double Dragon 4? On the store ATM for 12 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone pick up Double Dragon 4? On the store ATM for 12 euro.

Nope because it's 8 on the US store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Need a recommendation for a 3rd person shooter/stealth game keeping in mind I'm up to date on AC and have played both Tomb raider and Uncharteds. I have also done TOLU.

Any suggestions?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gimmick wrote: »
    Need a recommendation for a 3rd person shooter/stealth game keeping in mind I'm up to date on AC and have played both Tomb raider and Uncharteds. I have also done TOLU.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Hitman is out this week as a retail game, the first part was released 10 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Any suggestions?

thanks

There is a 3 hour watch dogs 2 trial on the store apparently...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any suggestions?

thanks

I'm hearing great things about Yakuza 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any suggestions?

thanks

+1 on Yakuza, although it can be a bit tricky to track it down at the moment, Nioh is also out next week albeit not a shooter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    +1 on Yakuza, although it can be a bit tricky to track it down at the moment, Nioh is also out next week albeit not a shooter.

Does Nioh play differently too the souls games?

Does Nioh play differently too the souls games?

It plays more like Onimusha meets Ninja Gaiden with influences of the Souls games added in.

Xenji wrote: »
    It plays more like Onimusha meets Ninja Gaiden with influences of the Souls games added in.

So it still has that difficulty spike?

So it still has that difficulty spike?

Yeah, it can be brutal in parts of the demo.

Found Nioh to be be a different feeling of difficult than the Souls games. DS always made me want to keep trying no matter how many times i died but Nioh I kind of got bored and would just play something else. Starting Yakuza tonight.

Joke of a price difference with double dragon across the stores. Heating is a bit of a cash grab anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm interested in Yakuza, i'd say it' probably great fun. Only thing i'm not sure about is the combat.

I'm still on chapter 1 but I love Yakuza already. The combat is simplistic ATM but each of the 2 characters have 3 fighting styles each which are very different and you can unlock a ton of moves from what I've read/seen. I'm really enjoying the combat even in the early stages and I've read it just gets better with unlocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'd say the real joy of Yakuza is how Japanese it is! Mad quirky and with interesting characters. All the side games and that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Had 56gb free but wouldn't let me download a game update, ah Sony! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm hearing great things about Yakuza 0.

I'll let you know when I get around to playing it.
    Stupid backlog.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'll let you know when I get around to playing it.
    Stupid backlog.

Make sure you do ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Had 56gb free but wouldn't let me download a game update, ah Sony! :pac:

I'd that with the beta for ghost recon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

External HDD support coming to the PS4:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

"It’s easy to upgrade the HDD that came with your PS4, but if you’re still looking for more storage space on the console, we’ve got you covered. With this update, you have the option to store content to an external HDD. Just plug a USB 3.0 HDD into your PS4, and voilà, you now have more space on the console.

This is compatible with HDDs up to 8TB in size. You can download and install applications directly to your extra storage, and the saved contents are easily manageable through the settings menu.
    Also, all the applications saved in the external HDD will appear in the Content Launcher of the Home Screen so it’s easy to keep track of what apps you launched recently."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

About time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Finally. Many years later but appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This will probably be very handy for those with crap Internet who could just bring a hard drive to somebody they know who has much faster downloads and get them to download updates or games to the hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I have 2 invites left for Wildlands post your Ubisoft username and I will send it to you...

3D movies for VR thank you very much :D ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have 2 invites left for Wildlands post your Ubisoft username and I will send it to you...

3D movies for VR thank you very much :D ...

Wonder how the 3D movies works, is it going to some weird floating screen in front of you that you're seeing as if you were wearing the 3D glasses.

Seen some youtuber playing wildlands, you enjoying it . Any videos I've seen they're playing for the camera a bit so it's hard to tell if they're enjoying it or trying to make a good video.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement