Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    Wonder how the 3D movies works, is it going to some weird floating screen in front of you that you're seeing as if you were wearing the 3D glasses.

Seen some youtuber playing wildlands, you enjoying it . Any videos I've seen they're playing for the camera a bit so it's hard to tell if they're enjoying it or trying to make a good video.

I assume it just in cinema mode with 3D?...

Haven't gotten around to trying it yet ... Might try it out later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I have 2 invites left for Wildlands post your Ubisoft username and I will send it to you...

3D movies for VR thank you very much :D ...

Any chance of an invite?

PSN is redxiv2 :)

RedXIV wrote: »
    Any chance of an invite?

PSN is redxiv2 :)

Ubisoft site is an absolute disaster to find how to do anything... I will try in next few mins to add you

WOW it keeps telling me to log in amazing how poor that site is... I'm already logged in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Ubisoft site is an absolute disaster to find how to do anything... I will try in next few mins to add you

WOW it keeps telling me to log in amazing how poor that site is... I'm already logged in

Thats ok, I can't play till I get home tonight and put the kids to bed anyway, Appreciate the effort going into this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Custom Wallpapers

This update adds the ability to set your favorite in-game screenshot as the background image for PS4’s home screen. Drop-shadows on text, and the option to dim the Function Area, will help keep the system icons and texts on the home screen clearly visible even if the background image you selected is super bright.

Awesome. Have some great screenshots from games that I've wanted to use as a background and finally, I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm trying to find a link to invite my friend, can't find it anywhere, lol....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

One thing they need to fix is the messages - i can barely read the font in them unless up very close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I have 2 invites left for Wildlands post your Ubisoft username and I will send it to you...

3D movies for VR thank you very much :D ...

I'd love the second invite if it's still going :)

Username is ManufacturedHero

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone get the latest set of OS beta invites?

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm trying to find a link to invite my friend, can't find it anywhere, lol....

I go into e-mail that I got to invite friends, you have to add them via the friends request first then invite...

Friends request is even torture to get to in it, such a complicated bunch of people that made this...

Will try send the invites to the 2 people now

• Advertisement

I'd love the second invite if it's still going :)

Username is ManufacturedHero

Thanks!

You must accept my friends request before I can send the invite, other invite has been sent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

People were complaining about it on the PC forum when they were trying to give For Honour beta keys too. This day and age it should be easier

EoinHef wrote: »
    People were complaining about it on the PC forum when they were trying to give For Honour beta keys too. This day and age it should be easier

True, or maybe just instead of having to do all that bull crap just send the person 4 codes and they can pass on the 3 codes to their friends, so much easier..

True, or maybe just instead of having to do all that bull crap just send the person 4 codes and they can pass on the 3 codes to their friends, so much easier..

Id imagine they wont do that as the person recieving the codes could then sell them.

Id imagine they wont do that as the person recieving the codes could then sell them.

You could technically still sell them just have to ask the buyer for their username so they can get it?

You could technically still sell them just have to ask the buyer for their username so they can get it?

True,just more hassle. One more barrier to making it an easy sell of the codes i suppose.

If they were going to do the beta codes this way they really should have thought about how people would have to go about giving them to friends,this kinda stinks of they didnt do the research on their own systems and make it easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Wildlands beta code please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Thinking about picking up Fifa again, had it and sold it before Christmas. Anybody know if I could get it anywhere cheaper than the 35 on the store?
    Smyths and Argos are booth 60 for a new copy while Cex are looking for 60 for a pre owned :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Thinking about picking up Fifa again, had it and sold it before Christmas. Anybody know if I could get it anywhere cheaper than the 35 on the store?
    Smyths and Argos are booth 60 for a new copy while Cex are looking for 60 for a pre owned :pac:

Get PES instead.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Get PES instead.

PES is terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hope they can network storage support for the new PS4 update, wouldn't be fast enough for running anything but for individual game back ups.

PES is terrible

Dont know about the 2017 version but i thought 2016 was good,a return to form for the series for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

PES is terrible

There's certainly things to dislike but calling it terrible is very, very harsh. It has the best passing game of any sports title I've ever played.

Dont know about the 2017 version but i thought 2016 was good,a return to form for the series for me.

2017 is the best football game ever in my opinion (and I'm life-long FIFA fan).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Pickpocket wrote: »
    2017 is the best football game ever in my opinion (and I'm life-long FIFA fan).

I'm intrigued, did it take you long to get used to its lack of polish compared to FIFA? I swapped from PES to FIFA in 2011 and find the lack of polish impossible to get past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know where I could get an official PS4 power cable? Id greatly appreciate a suggestion...

I bought mine from Amazon.de and was using a crap adapter, its quite dodgy.

i have PES 2016 and thought it was but tbf Fifa 16 was terrible as well. I've played both 17's and much prefer Fifa.
    I understand how people like PES more but for me I just prefer Fifa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Wildlands beta code please?

Add BaronVonHarding to your friends list and I'll invite you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pro Evolution is back the king since last year IMO...

FIFA is.... well, it doesn't really change, it's FIFA

• Advertisement

I'm intrigued, did it take you long to get used to its lack of polish compared to FIFA? I swapped from PES to FIFA in 2011 and find the lack of polish impossible to get past.

I've been buying second-hand copies of Pro Evo since 2009. There was always something fun about it and it made for an enjoyable diversion from my true love, FIFA. But from then until now the lack of polish has been a problem. This year's edition is the best it's ever looked and sounded but it's still miles behind FIFA.

So to answer your question - it's taken me years to get used to the irritating and frankly odd presentation, not to mention the lack of features. But there was always something in the gamplay that kept me coming back. I adored FIFA but Pro Evo scratched an itch. Now the opposite is true. Pro Evo is the series that I love. I buy FIFA second hand when the price drops and have it here for when my mates drop around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement