Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I've been buying second-hand copies of Pro Evo since 2009. There was always something fun about it and it made for an enjoyable diversion from my true love, FIFA. But from then until now the lack of polish has been a problem. This year's edition is the best it's ever looked and sounded but it's still miles behind FIFA.

So to answer your question - it's taken me years to get used to the irritating and frankly odd presentation, not to mention the lack of features. But there was always something in the gamplay that kept me coming back. I adored FIFA but Pro Evo scratched an itch. Now the opposite is true. Pro Evo is the series that I love. I buy FIFA second hand when the price drops and have it here for when my mates drop around.

Did it sort out its licensing ? Used to irritate me no end to play against Gunner Utd. Gameplay is part of it but polish is the eye candy that makes it a simulation.

Now for the contradiction

Haven't played Evo in years but have got bored with Fifa lack of gameplay change. Have bought all of them over many years and played 17 for about a month and haven't touched it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Damien360 wrote: »
    Did it sort out its licensing ? Used to irritate me no end to play against Gunner Utd. Gameplay is part of it but polish is the eye candy that makes it a simulation.

Now for the contradiction

Haven't played Evo in years but have got bored with Fifa lack of gameplay change. Have bought all of them over many years and played 17 for about a month and haven't touched it since.

The licensing issue is still the same and that will always be a a deal breaker for many people. However the PS4 version has the option to import 'option files' and it's very straight forward.

With all of the option files imported the game is actually more immersive than FIFA (for me anyway). For the first time ever I've got a football game with real player names and likenesses and the names, logos and arm patches for the Premier League, FA Cup, EFL Cup, FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championship, Africa Cup of Nations, etc. along with the various other European leagues and cups (although there's no German league without a hefty edit job).

And of course Konami already have the rights to the Champions League and Europa League. It really adds to the immersion and believability. I love it in Master League (career mode) when you can see a list of your upcoming fixtures and the official competition logo is listed beside the cup games. It makes them feel like proper cup-ties.

Also, when European week comes around and the Champions League music is playing and the score/clock banner is on the top-corner of the screen... it's just bloody fantastic. So immersive. EA have always played fair when it comes to option files, etc (part of their licensing, I assume) but it's really come back to kick them in the ass.

Finally, having the competition logos in place really enhances the Master League mode when you're trying to bring a team up from the Championship. Seeing the FA Cup logo pop up in January puts a tingle across you back. Your team is one of the lowly minnows but here's a chance to mix it up with the big boys in the FA Cup. I know it's only a game but it brings to mind the true importance and heritage of the FA Cup (something we got to see last weekend for real with the various upsets). And then there's the allure of the Europa League! The much maligned little bother of the Champions League doesn't feel so little when Preston North End are playing their first ever European game away to Valencia in the Estadio de Mastella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    PES is terrible

Both are terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I played the original pro evo back in the day,played many of the iterations that followed. But its been a good few years since i picked one of them up. Pro went off the boil for years imo. But with all the good things i heard about 2016 i thought id jump back in,wasnt disappointed.

Ill be picking up 2017 when its cheap as chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm intrigued, did it take you long to get used to its lack of polish compared to FIFA? I swapped from PES to FIFA in 2011 and find the lack of polish impossible to get past.

What is the lack of polish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

lertsnim wrote: »

Lewandowski is missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone any idea when the 4.50 update will be released to everyone?... Is it a few months away or is it nearly out?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

lertsnim wrote: »

The latest game is a huge improvement over previous versions. It's as polished as a Konami game gets in terms of presentation and menus. I think the series often looked poor in comparison to FIFA due to various Japanese idiosyncrasies that weren't necessarily Konami's 'fault'. Japanese games (especially Konami and Capcom) often have garish, loud, clunky menus. The tradition was to place arcade-style presentation on top of console games, even titles that were ostensibly 'simulations'. It felt and looked odd and in terms of Pro Evo it contributed to its roughness, especially when compared to EA's clean lines. But Konami have definitely upped their game. Pro Evo 2017 looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone any idea when the 4.50 update will be released to everyone?... Is it a few months away or is it nearly out?...

I think the first batch of codes went out over the weekend, so probably around early March I would say...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Any chance well ever get an opportunity to change our psn names??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Any chance well ever get an opportunity to change our psn names??

Was supposed to be in last update but everything went quiet on it for some reason... :(

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1314948

Lads, anyone have any experience with the ps4 compatible headsets from aliexpress? Are any of em decent quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Didn't think this was worth its own thread but anyone know when the release date of Gran Turismo is? Or what quarter? I can't find info on it online. Really looking forward to it though. That and the new tekken. Just take my money now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Didn't think this was worth its own thread but anyone know when the release date of Gran Turismo is? Or what quarter? I can't find info on it online. Really looking forward to it though. That and the new tekken. Just take my money now !

Can't help you on Gran Turismo but right there with you in my excitment for new Tekken! The one game series I plat every time they release a game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, anyone have any experience with the ps4 compatible headsets from aliexpress? Are any of em decent quality?

TBH you can use the headsets that comes with your phone etc. I have bought loads of cheap sets but in the end I got a pair of the Wireless 2.0's and they are brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

RedXIV wrote: »
    Can't help you on Gran Turismo but right there with you in my excitment for new Tekken! The one game series I plat every time they release a game!

Tekken is June 10th if I remember correctly. Looks nice although I'm not sure how I feel about the inclusion of akuma. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tekken is June 10th if I remember correctly. Looks nice although I'm not sure how I feel about the inclusion of akuma. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

I'm more worried about the Rage Meter and Power Crush and Rage Drive and all that craic. Part of the reason I love Tekken is its simplicity compared to other fighting games.

Just give me and my opponent health bars. That's all I need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I was going to preorder GT , but then I remembered back to the GT5 release and remembered how many times it was put back till the eventual release , which was years later than it was supposed to be.

Don't hold you breath :p

Penn wrote: »
    I'm more worried about the Rage Meter and Power Crush and Rage Drive and all that craic. Part of the reason I love Tekken is its simplicity compared to other fighting games.

Just give me and my opponent health bars. That's all I need.

Ah I remember having this argument with my brother about sidestepping :D I was giving out that it made this unnecessarily complex and "unpure". Now it's crucial in my own play style :D

It also makes going back to Tekken 2 and below, very very tough

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When I tried too sign into psn on my vita it asked me too change my password as it was no longer valid and I could do it there and then, the last time I did this I was able too sign back into psn on vita but I could not sign into psn on my ps4 so had too reset it, so I turned on ps4, same story cant sign in and I clicked on the change password option on ps4 and I still haven't received an email too change password, I don't wanna do it on vita as I don't wanna lose everything again on ps4, has this happened anyone else?

• Advertisement

When I tried too sign into psn on my vita it asked me too change my password as it was no longer valid and I could do it there and then, the last time I did this I was able too sign back into psn on vita but I could not sign into psn on my ps4 so had too reset it, so I turned on ps4, same story cant sign in and I clicked on the change password option on ps4 and I still haven't received an email too change password, I don't wanna do it on vita as I don't wanna lose everything again on ps4, has this happened anyone else?

Can you do it via PC and see the email it's set to? Just to be sure you haven't been hacked?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RedXIV wrote: »
    Can you do it via PC and see the email it's set to? Just to be sure you haven't been hacked?

It tells me it sent an email too set email but this was an hour ago and still no email.

I sorted it, the email was being sent too my spam folder :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I had to change my password last night too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

As much as a pain in the hole this is, its still better than getting hacked like I and many others were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It happened to me. It was annoying to be signed out in the middle of a game of Overwatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm not usually one to moan but I'm having all sorts of PSN issues this evening. Very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm not usually one to moan but I'm having all sorts of PSN issues this evening. Very annoying.

Yeap, screwed for me too :(

Was looking forward to a game of Rainbow Six Siege !

Just checked status of services and its been 'experiencing difficulties' since 9:39pm...

Anyone any interest in sniper elite 4? looks class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone any interest in sniper elite 4? looks class.

Is 3 any good? Tempted a few times to get it in sales but never pulled the trigger :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement