Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

callaway92 wrote: »
    The Lego Harry Potter games any use?

Half thinking of getting the collection in Argos just to play something different really. Have played enough shooters/sports games for a while.

All the Lego games are great

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can anyone tell me why on the xbox store they have backward compatible titles such as fallout 3 , new vegas and red dead but there not on the ps store? Have they some deal in place with microsoft or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Can anyone tell me why on the xbox store they have backward compatible titles such as fallout 3 , new vegas and red dead but there not on the ps store? Have they some deal in place with microsoft or something?

PS4 has no backward compatability,best you could hope for currently is a port of the original to the PS4 or a remaster

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EoinHef wrote: »
    PS4 has no backward compatability,best you could hope for currently is a port of the original to the PS4 or a remaster

Damn that sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

But we are seeing some older games getting re-released, unfortunately it does mean you'll have to buy them again. Darksiders 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

duploelabs wrote: »
    All the Lego games are great

Yup, good call.

Played as far as the bathroom troll so far. Love it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Because the 360 and One are closer related hardware and coding wise than the PS3 to PS4. The PS3 was a very unique machine to program for that's why alot of PS3 versions of last gen games looked and ran worse than the 360 counterparts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Has anyone dismantled their PS4 for the purposes of cleaning it and has it done any good? The noise from my old launch one is getting ridiculous at this stage. Outside vents are all clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Taltos wrote: »
    But we are seeing some older games getting re-released, unfortunately it does mean you'll have to buy them again. Darksiders 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

RDR isn't getting re-released?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Been a loyal Xbox gamer since the 360 days, but the remake of the original Crash games has knocked it on the head. I'm ready to cave in and buy a PS4. I've looked more into it and there are some pretty great looking PlayStation exclusives both out and on the horizon. Should I be looking at the PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro though? I don't have a 4K TV for the moment, at least.

Ideally I'd like a white console just to be consistent with the Xbox, but I realise there doesn't seem to be any signs of a white Pro coming any time soon? Honestly, if Smyths had more stock for the white Slim over the last couple of weeks while they had the free controller deal on I would've bought one in a heartbeat, but now I'm ready to swallow my petty colour preference in favour of the Pro if there is a real significant difference. Anyone with experience with a Pro either with or without a 4K TV willing to chime in with their opinion? And where's the cheapest place to procure one?

Thanks lads.

Had accidentally posted this in the bargain thread initially. My apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    RDR isn't getting re-released?

No. We'd almost certainly know about it by now what with RDR2 just around the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What's the best rugby game on ps4?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    What's the best rugby game on ps4?

Rugby challenge 3. On sale at the moment...at least it was few days ago, not sure when it ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is it any good? I had rugby challenge on the 360, has it come on much? I heard the other RWC games were awful. Not sure if its worth the 30 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is it any good? I had rugby challenge on the 360, has it come on much? I heard the other RWC games were awful. Not sure if its worth the 30 quid.

It's absolute muck tbh, but it's still the best rugby game on PS4 by default. The audio is PS1-levels of awful, the animations can't even match Rugby 08 and then you have to download most of the teams from the community section because there's feck all Northern Hemisphere licenses.

Gameplay is sort of fun, in very small doses though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So was wondering, are there any games with similar gameplay to Uncharted minus the combat/shooting, whihc I fet dragged the game down at times? I enjoy games that involve traversing and puzzle solving. So basically like the Sands of Time trilogy. I've got Darksiders, since I hear it can be very Prince of Persia like. I've also completed Enslaved on PS3.
    Doesn't have to be Sony platform

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So was wondering, are there any games with similar gameplay to Uncharted minus the combat/shooting, whihc I fet dragged the game down at times? I enjoy games that involve traversing and puzzle solving. So basically like the Sands of Time trilogy. I've got Darksiders, since I hear it can be very Prince of Persia like. I've also completed Enslaved on PS3.

The two Tomb Raider games? Better than Uncharted imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    The two Tomb Raider games? Better than Uncharted imo.

The new Tomb Raider games (aside from being IMO the blandest, most derivative AAA action games around) have substantially more combat than Uncharted :pac:

The Last Guardian is the obvious recommendation here. There's some combat, but not a whole lot. Instead it's a rollicking, setpiece filled game that nonetheless is full of substantial puzzling, subtle storytelling and some of the most magnificently epic and intimate 3D platforming in gaming history. It's an immensely thoughtful and artful game that I adored completely, and a brilliant example of taking a different sort of approach to the sort of heavily authored approach you see in something like Uncharted.

I think to avoid combat entirely you'll probably need to dive into the indie sphere. If you're looking for a traversal game, both Grow Home and its sequel Grow Up are well worth the modest time & monetary investments they ask of you. Pure exploration games that don't overstay their welcomes - IMO a purer and more enjoyable realisation of the Ubisoft design ethos than any of their bigger name efforts.

For puzzle solving, The Witness is quite a bit different than Uncharted - indeed, pacing and tone wise they're a world apart. But in terms of giving you a world to discover and hundreds of puzzles to solve, it's an absolute pleasure.

And if you haven't played Inside, do. It's a great mix of cinematic storytelling, light puzzling and wonderfully evocative art design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Basically with Johnny said but add Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. However it's pretty short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Played first Tomb Raider and Brothers. Have the second Tomb Raider on PS4 as well as The Last Guardian and have Grow Home through Plus. Still need to get to them. Got Witness during the week through the Freedom Bundle and Inside is on the to buy list. Missed it when it was cheap on PS4

• Advertisement

In comparison to Uncharted, Tomb Raider has better shooting/combat and a lot more/better Puzzles.

Try Dishonoured 1 & 2...
    You can play them stealth mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

J Mysterio wrote: »
    14murphy wrote: »
    Sadly I know this. What I was asking is it possible to buy the older ones on PSN and play it on PS4

They were great games. You might try UFC instead and just puck the head off everyone ;)
    Huge mma fan and a lover of the UFC games throughout the years. They just don't compare tho. I loved the analogue striking controls to the fight nights as well. It felt so fluid like you could actually control each arm.
    A beautiful parry and hook to the jaw was a thing of beauty.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sadly I know this. What I was asking is it possible to buy the older ones on PSN and play it on PS4

They were great games. You might try UFC instead and just puck the head off everyone ;)
    Huge mma fan and a lover of the UFC games throughout the years. They just don't compare tho. I loved the analogue striking controls to the fight nights as well. It felt so fluid like you could actually control each arm.
    A beautiful parry and hook to the jaw was a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I never really think of Boxing as a sport that lends itself to a video game but you've sold me with that description :)

To be fair I think the last boxing game I owned was Frank Bruno's Boxing on the C64.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

14murphy wrote:
    Huge mma fan and a lover of the UFC games throughout the years. They just don't compare tho. I loved the analogue striking controls to the fight nights as well. It felt so fluid like you could actually control each arm. A beautiful parry and hook to the jaw was a thing of beauty.

EA MMA had a stick system for striking iirc. It absolutely bombed at retail but I enjoyed it. Submissions were easier to understand than any of the UFC games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CastorTroy wrote: »

Styx, master of shadows? Oh what I wouldn't give for a decent PoP reboot!

ERG89 wrote: »
    14murphy wrote:
    Huge mma fan and a lover of the UFC games throughout the years. They just don't compare tho. I loved the analogue striking controls to the fight nights as well. It felt so fluid like you could actually control each arm. A beautiful parry and hook to the jaw was a thing of beauty.

EA MMA had a stick system for striking iirc. It absolutely bombed at retail but I enjoyed it. Submissions were easier to understand than any of the UFC games.
    I vaguely remember that. I like that the grappling controls are analogue in this years ufc. I wonder would they release a new one this year.

sweetie wrote: »
    Styx, master of shadows? Oh what I wouldn't give for a decent PoP reboot!

sequel is coming out soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I vaguely remember that. I like that the grappling controls are analogue in this years ufc. I wonder would they release a new one this year.

It's a bi-annual title as far as I know, so another one early next year I'd say. The current one is probably my favourite sports game ever, still sink hours into it every week, the live events keep me coming back. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement