Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• martyos121 wrote: »
    It's a bi-annual title as far as I know, so another one early next year I'd say. The current one is probably my favourite sports game ever, still sink hours into it every week, the live events keep me coming back. :)

Learning curve is steep no? Had my ass handed to me multiple times but probably because I'm a UFC noob :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sweetie wrote: »
    Styx, master of shadows? Oh what I wouldn't give for a decent PoP reboot!

Started that back when I got the PS4 and had nothing else to play. Must go back to it.
    Have you played Forgotten Sands on the Wii? I just like to make sure PoP fans are aware of it, since it's a brilliant game and completely different than the version released on the PS360PC. But since it shared the same name it was overlooked by too many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Started that back when I got the PS4 and had nothing else to play. Must go back to it.
    Have you played Forgotten Sands on the Wii? I just like to make sure PoP fans are aware of it, since it's a brilliant game and completely different than the version released on the PS360PC. But since it shared the same name it was overlooked by too many

yeah, I loved Forgotten sands on the Wii. I'm sure there's something else from the PS3 days I'm not remembering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Learning curve is steep no? Had my ass handed to me multiple times but probably because I'm a UFC noob :/

Yes it definitely has a steep learning curve alright, especially the ground game. There really isn't a quick way to learn it either, takes a fair bit of practice as you're relying on visual cues mostly.

When it does eventually click though, it's literally the most fun game you'll play. I've gotten fairly decent at it now but every so often I still come up against guys I can't even hit once. It's worth the practice though if you have the time and an interest in the sport.

It's also one of only three games I've ever platinumed so I'm definitely biased and constantly recommending it to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    martyos121 wrote: »
    It's a bi-annual title as far as I know, so another one early next year I'd say. The current one is probably my favourite sports game ever, still sink hours into it every week, the live events keep me coming back. :)

A stew curve. I remember when I first got it I thought I was conor McGregor then someone took me down and bashed me for a couple minute. The detail is amazing and it takes a lot of time to notice body movements which allow you to block your opponents transitions. I found the best thing to learn is to play online with a friend and talk to each other saying how your gonna move. This way you'll be able to recognise animations and block certain transitions.
    Still tho some guys are just magicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yes it definitely has a steep learning curve alright, especially the ground game.

Must get back on for a few scraps with ya, a BJJ only rules fight could be a laugh. Only thing the game is missing is a proper career mode. It's shyte every iteration. They have the gameplay nailed at the moment, time to pump in more features now. Hopefully the WME owners help it out but wouldn't surprise me if they can it like they are doing half the fighters.

14murphy wrote: »
    I found the best thing to learn is to play online with a friend and talk to each other saying how your gonna move.

A couple of us on the MMA forum did this and it works wonders. You really get a feel for the mechanics live practicing on headsets.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Must get back on for a few scraps with ya, a BJJ only rules fight could be a laugh. Only thing the game is missing is a proper career mode. It's shyte every iteration. They have the gameplay nailed at the moment, time to pump in more features now. Hopefully the WME owners help it out but wouldn't surprise me if they can it like they are doing half the fighters.

Yeah definitely, my striking has gotten a lot better since the last tournament so I'm not fighting like Jake Shields anymore. :pac:

Career mode is absolutely tragic alright, it's something EA Sports have never been very good at. I think something similar to Fight Night Champion could do very well though, as in an actual story mode. Not saying to copy the film Warrior, but something along those lines would be incredible. I'd be fine with the same career mode in the next one as long as they have something interesting like that in too.

Since this topic has come up today, I'll just link the thread for UFC 2 here so if anyone is thinking about picking it up/wants to improve their skills/want a few scraps, you'll be looked after.

We had a good few playing it regularly the few months after it came out, it'd be great to revive the community a bit with some new players. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Does a new PS4 or a new PSN account come with a free PS+ trial? I'll be picking one up shortly and would like to know ahead of time.

Also, is there anywhere I can see PSN game prices? Or does anyone know how much Until Dawn & Ratchet and Clank are digitally?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does a new PS4 or a new PSN account come with a free PS+ trial? I'll be picking one up shortly and would like to know ahead of time.

Also, is there anywhere I can see PSN game prices? Or does anyone know how much Until Dawn & Ratchet and Clank are digitally?

Thanks!

Actual PSN store

3rd party site with price history and some of the sales show up here first

An account could recently get a 1 year for cheaper not sure if that's still going on, and haven't looked. I think there are definitly offers for new accounts but they're for new accounts not generally an old account on a new console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hi. Yeah, you get a free trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Does anyone have any experience with powerline adapters to help with Wifi signal? I've the PS4 upstairs getting about 80% signal strength but it averages in around 2-3mbps whereas I brought it down to the room with the router yesterday and it was getting 61mbps. I saw a powerline adapter in Currys for €30 on sale. I was already thinking of getting one for the Xbox One - I was annoyed it was only getting about 30mbs upstairs - but something to improve the signal is basically a necessity now.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Yes get them they work great for ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Agreed, powerline adapters work great for me. I have the devolo's and they work great. Be aware though, that results really depend on the wiring and circuits in your house. If the sockets you plug into are on different circuits you're probably going to have issues.

So I finally got s PS4 and have questions but they can wait for another time. Just had a quick one re: spotify app. I don't pay a sub for it I just use the web based one on my desktop. I able to log into it on PS4 and have all of my playlists etc there which surprised me. Thats surely a limited trial or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So I finally got s PS4 and have questions but they can wait for another time. Just had a quick one re: spotify app. I don't pay a sub for it I just use the web based one on my desktop. I able to log into it on PS4 and have all of my playlists etc there which surprised me. Thats surely a limited trial or something?

No, it's the free version. But you'll get Ads that come up after a few songs.

So I finally got s PS4 ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNNQ_wc5WnvK7MXmYfcFWsKZpF2LXt7Y4q5d8y15Qn-mHxKfPrSA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    No, it's the free version. But you'll get Ads that come up after a few songs.

Spotify app doesn't work for me because it was tied to my FB account which i deactivated a year ago. Made a new account but it won't work because i have an old one. Pain in the hoop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My absolute impatience with games to the fore again last night. Put Deus Ex ManKind divided In. Within 15 mins I decided it was crap and is in the car to go to CEX later :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

gimmick wrote: »
    My absolute impatience with games to the fore again last night. Put Deus Ex ManKind divided In. Within 15 mins I decided it was crap and is in the car to go to CEX later :rolleyes:
    It needs time. It seriously gets in gear after 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

2 hours??? I dont have that much time :pac:

So still all over the place being so used to doing things a certain way on the xbox it's jarring to say the least on PS4. Anyway plus doesn't look to be worth it for me won't be playing multiplayer games on PS4 and the games would likely sit on my account unplayed going over the last few months worth so my question is what exclusives should have a look at ?

So far top of my list are Ni-Oh , Last guardian, bloodborne

Did you play Last of Us on PS3? If not, it's an insta buy above the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,146 ✭✭✭✭Penn

And the Uncharted Games. Wouldn't recommend playing them all in one go as you'll likely burn yourself out on them, but in between some of the other exclusives, they're well worth a playthrough.

Ratchet and Clank too, insanely fun game and for me it tops the original which was also incredible. Not for everyone though, I'll admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Dishonored 1 & 2 and Doom are also good single campaign games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Journey

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Journey

Knew there was one I just couldn't think of the name of , thanks.

And thanks to others for suggestions too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I enjoyed Infamous Second Son & First Light a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement