Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Theres a relatively new F2P game on the store for anyone interested 3 on 3 Freestyle... It's a Basketball game, pretty good fun takes while to get used to..

Moved our new ps4 to the TV tonight as it's going to be used there by herself mostly. Had it set up alongside my Xbox and PC set up. Which is a desk set up so it was connected to my PC monitor via HDMI. When I connected it to the TV herself noticed the speaker on the controller come to life playing horizon. Any reason it didn't work while PS4 was on the PC monitor :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Moved our new ps4 to the TV tonight as it's going to be used there by herself mostly. Had it set up alongside my Xbox and PC set up. Which is a desk set up so it was connected to my PC monitor via HDMI. When I connected it to the TV herself noticed the speaker on the controller come to life playing horizon. Any reason it didn't work while PS4 was on the PC monitor :confused:

Now that you mention it, I haven't noticed any sound out of my controller either and it's connected to a TV.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Now that you mention it, I haven't noticed any sound out of my controller either and it's connected to a TV.

You should hear sound every time you hit R3 for focus in Horizon:Zero Dawn wasn;t getting that when on the PC monitor

You should hear sound every time you hit R3 for focus in Horizon:Zero Dawn wasn;t getting that when on the PC monitor

Oh yeah haha. I never noticed it was coming from the controller, probably assumed it was from the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Neogaf is reporting Firmware 4.50 including boost mode for pro is out tomorrow.

Neogaf is reporting Firmware 4.50 including boost mode for pro is out tomorrow.

Is this the update that adds 3D Playback with the PS VR?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't wait for custom backgrounds.......and I spose external HDD support is alright as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is this the update that adds 3D Playback with the PS VR?...

Supposedly, yeah!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see Lego worlds is out this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I see Lego worlds is out this week.

That looks like it could be fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Limited to 2-player online is putting me off, it does look like great fun though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

maximoose wrote: »
    Limited to 2-player online is putting me off, it does look like great fun though

Ah really? Bit of a shame that. Still, we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Interested in Lego worlds as the kids have loved every lego game so far.

Am hoping this appeals to them too as they seem to like Minecraft also which Lego Worlds seems to be modeled on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ah really? Bit of a shame that. Still, we'll see how it goes.

Actually since I said that I've been trying to confirm it, definitely read it was limited to 2 players online but having trouble finding ANY confirmation of it now

EDIT: Yep it is, got a reply from them on twitter. 2 player online or local co-op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Speaking of Lego, I'm really looking forward to Lego City Undercover which is out a month from today.

Got great reviews on the Wii U.

Any official announcement will the update be released today or was it just speculation?

Any official announcement will the update be released today or was it just speculation?

Speculation:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/03/ps4_firmware_update_4_50_release_ruled_out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Speaking of Lego, I'm really looking forward to Lego City Undercover which is out a month from today.

Got great reviews on the Wii U.

Yes, been waiting for that for a while.

Guys regards charging controllers does the console have to be in rest mode or can I power it down fully and charge them :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Guys regards charging controllers does the console have to be in rest mode or can I power it down fully and charge them :confused:

Has to be rest mode. if powered off completely, no juice runs to the controllers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You can choose in the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Rest mode and you need to have enabled the power supply option to pass power to USB devices, I have mine set to time out after 3 hours as I have fans attached as well.

Just don't use a phone's fast charger plug whatever you do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I use a regular phone charger, any issue with that?

Regular is fine, just came across a warning recently on using the fast chargers. Seemingly (to be confirmed) there's a risk they can burn out the controller. I thought I had done this myself but letting it fully de-charge and then charging with my normal iPhone charger all seems good again.

Cheers , yeah I normally charge my xbox pads with the phone charger. Is 3 hours enough in rest to fully charge the PS4 one, I had the setting enabled for 3 hours last night and didn't get a full day out of it even or is the battery life just shorter than I'm used to on an xbox pad? I'd normally charge them maybe twice a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Fast chargers definitely do ruin controllers,ive not heard of any blowing up but they usually dont take a charge after using the fast charger. 2 friends ruined their controller that way

3 hours might not be enough but for my gaming it is, I just don't want my cooling fans on much more than that when I'm not around.

Taltos wrote: »
    3 hours might not be enough but for my gaming it is, I just don't want my cooling fans on much more than that when I'm not around.

Ah might be the issue that I haven't given the pad a full charge I'd say since I got it so.

• Advertisement

Maybe. I normally let them run well down before recharging, usually when its been on the last bar for a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement