Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Well that Disc Jam game is a laugh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Taltos wrote: »
    Regular is fine, just came across a warning recently on using the fast chargers. Seemingly (to be confirmed) there's a risk they can burn out the controller. I thought I had done this myself but letting it fully de-charge and then charging with my normal iPhone charger all seems good again.

Very much appreciate the heads up on that. I always use a normal phone charger to juice my controllers from the mains, but the one I did it with broke last night and I just moved the fast charger down to the living room an hour ago to use on the DS4, which I luckily haven't had the time to do yet. Your post probably just saved me 70 quid. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You would maybe be ok.
    I'd used my fast charger maybe 3 times before my controller started playing up. But equally it could have fried it immediately for you...

I just noticed it takes my PS4 about 10-15 seconds for th YouTube app to close, and simple things like navigating through friends,messages, apps etc. Are a lot slower these. This the same for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Cheers , yeah I normally charge my xbox pads with the phone charger. Is 3 hours enough in rest to fully charge the PS4 one, I had the setting enabled for 3 hours last night and didn't get a full day out of it even or is the battery life just shorter than I'm used to on an xbox pad? I'd normally charge them maybe twice a week.

3 hours should be more than enough to recharge a flat controller to fully charged. Does for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I just noticed it takes my PS4 about 10-15 seconds for th YouTube app to close, and simple things like navigating through friends,messages, apps etc. Are a lot slower these. This the same for anyone else?

Yeah the apps are weird now, you can't even check for updates & they are noticeably less smooth opening & closing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Might finally get No Man's Sky, gotta be worth €16 with plus, right?

Otacon wrote: »
    That just seems to be an inclosure for a HDD...

That actually might work out good if you get a cheap internal HDD.

• Advertisement

nocoverart wrote: »

Just picked it up myself, looking forward to giving it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

nocoverart wrote: »

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

nocoverart wrote:

Nope lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nope lol

The only people I have met who like NMS are pretty pretentious. The type of people who say they like a very unpopular band/movie/tv show just so they can make themselves seem a bit more profound because they "get it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

gimmick wrote: »
    The only people I have met who like NMS are pretty pretentious. The type of people who say they like a very unpopular band/movie/tv show just so they can make themselves seem a bit more profound because they "get it".

I like it...

I better go look up what pretentious means, just so I know what I am now.

I picked up Salt and Sanctuary
    Is NMS really that bad???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Otacon wrote: »
    I like it...

I better go look up what pretentious means, just so I know what I am now.

You probably have a beard and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

You probably have a beard and all!

woah woah what's with the beard hatred some of us hit puberty and figured that society shouldn't tell me what i should have on my face, i don't go telling skinny jean wearers that shouldn't wear them, they should know automatically but i don't tell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

JamboMac wrote: »
    woah woah what's with the beard hatred some of us hit puberty and figured that society shouldn't tell me what i should have on my face, i don't go telling skinny jean wearers that shouldn't wear them, they should know automatically but i don't tell them.

We should tell them, it'd be a public service.
    Those pantaloons are for the fairer sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Is this the update that adds 3D Playback with the PS VR?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7RJD71fzM

Yes.

Support for external hard drives – 0:20
    Use in-game screenshots as custom wallpaper – 1:02
    Suggested profile colors – 1:33
    Custom posts in the What’s New section – 1:47
    Quick Menu improvements – 2:14
    Enhanced party features in the Quick Menu – 2:26
    Watch 3D Blu-rays using PlayStation VR – 2:55
    PlayStation VR’s cinematic mode is improved – 3:13
    Access save data from the Home screen – 3:20
    Post animated GIFs created in SHAREfactory – 3:30
    Boot from your Capture Gallery to SHAREfactory – 3:46
    PS4 Pro Boost Mode – 4:15

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/03/08/playstation-uk-video-showcases-12-new-features-ps4-update-4-50/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I think No Man's Sky is actually decent now after the Foundation update, they are also adding loads more in the upcoming Pathfinder update too.

I only played €15 for it though, no way i was paying full price.

Also, beards are ace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've played No Man's Sky for a good 40 hours. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, while being fully able to acknowledge the flaws (quite a few of which have been addressed through these two updates, thankfully). To be frank, I've always liked the aimlessness of it all - there's an inherent appeal to me of visiting a planet, hopping out, and just going for a wander. I think recent updates have opened up the game more to those who want a bit more structure or some sort of overarching goal.

Given discovering and F12ing / sharing some of its impressive landscapes and sights was always part of the appeal for me (surprisingly active NMS screenshoting community is very excited at the moment), an advanced photo mode will be enough for me to spend a few hours with the game again. I don't expect it to be suddenly Last Guardian or Breath of the Wild levels, but it helps develop what it did well.

I don't like assuming how much a game is worth to any individual player, as I think circumstances, preferences and 'worth' vary massively. But that's my experience of the game, and I've been happy to defend the game since launch. It's undoubtedly one of the most divisive high-profile games ever made (to say the very least), but I like it :)

Also, **** the word pretentious for now and forever :)

Update rolling out now. Handy vid showing the new features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wonder if the external drives are still encrypted to the 1 system the same as the internal drives.

Probably is.

Didn't know about the improvement to the cinema mode for VR, and I think it's finally time for people to move from group chat to communities now with the added features for communities.

Possibly why there's talk of a newly formatted drive.

Update is live now, just installing it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Update rolling out now. Handy vid showing the new features.

Looks good.

Can anyone tell me the name of the game at the 2:30 mark please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looks good.

Can anyone tell me the name of the game at the 2:30 mark please?

PSN only, ALien Invasion or something like that. Plays very similar to Helldivers.

Actually Alienation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,145 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PSN only, ALien Invasion or something like that. Plays very similar to Helldivers.

Actually Alienation.

Yeah, Alienation. You can see it in the video at 2.33 when they open the Quick Menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is the update a large download guys?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement