Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Think it was 300-400MB's for me.

Is the update a large download guys?

Took maybe 10 minutes to download and install for me, my usual download speed is around 30mbps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not liking the new update for notifications at all, I assumed my download for mirrors edge was finished and it was only tearaway downloading but there was 3 things downloading instead including mirrors edge...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Question. Can you use Playstation VR as a seprate scree i.e. just plan any normal game on it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

14murphy wrote: »
    Question. Can you use Playstation VR as a seprate scree i.e. just plan any normal game on it ?

Yes, with PSVR you don't need to use your TV anymore if you don't want to.

• Advertisement

Yes, with PSVR you don't need to use your TV anymore if you don't want to.

Perfect. The missus recently stuck a piano into the room where i keep my playstation and I've had to stick the telly on the wall and its miles away. I presume its not laggy ? My fifa gameplay is suffering due to my eyesight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

14murphy wrote: »
    Perfect. The missus recently stuck a piano into the room where i keep my playstation and I've had to stick the telly on the wall and its miles away. I presume its not laggy ? My fifa gameplay is suffering due to my eyesight.

You need to sort your home situation out! :pac:

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You need to sort your home situation out! :pac:

Im outnumbered by woman 3-1 in my house. I'm just happy there's a playstation inside full stop.

Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

New to Playstation, long time xbox user, I've just bought a used PS4 with Uncharted collection and ratchet & clank. Anyone have any must buys? I'm holding off on PS Plus as I'm gonna stick to Xbox live for online gaming. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

New to Playstation, long time xbox user, I've just bought a used PS4 with Uncharted collection and ratchet & clank. Anyone have any must buys? I'm holding off on PS Plus as I'm gonna stick to Xbox live for online gaming. Cheers!

The last of us

The last of us

Great stuff cheers! Any idea if the heavy rain/beyond bundle is worth getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Bloodborne is a great single player experience. You don't need the online features really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That's really down to the individual. Heavy rain in particular is a 'love it or hate it' game, with most people seemingly on the 'hate it' side. Maybe look at a view Youtube videos and see if the style of game appeals to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, The Witness, Infamous Second Son. Should keep you busy for a while :P

The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, The Witness, Infamous Second Son. Should keep you busy for a while :P

Journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I've just bought a used PS4 with Uncharted collection and ratchet & clank. Anyone have any must buys?!

Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If your interested in that type of game look up Until Dawn as it's underrated imo.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That's really down to the individual. Heavy rain in particular is a 'love it or hate it' game, with most people seemingly on the 'hate it' side. Maybe look at a view Youtube videos and see if the style of game appeals to you.

"JASON" :D I will do. Cheers!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Journey.

Yeah this ones really high on my list! Looks amazing!

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    If your interested in that type of game look up Until Dawn as it's underrated imo.

This is a great shout. I had an awesome weekend blitzing through Until Dawn. Similar concept as Heavy Rain i guess but much more fun in terms of its implementation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

ERG89 wrote:

Second this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is there a wishlist in the PS store?

I came across Hob today and want to pick it up when it's out but don't want to forget :)

https://youtu.be/X8vzzf6Ud1g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is there a wishlist in the PS store?

I came across Hob today and want to pick it up when it's out but don't want to forget :)

https://youtu.be/X8vzzf6Ud1g

Yeah there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The last of us

Speaking of TLOU, I love that screenshots can be your background now!

C6k-XRbWkAAQYP7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

J. Marston wrote: »
    Speaking of TLOU, I love that screenshots can be your background now!

Best update in a while.

Here is my one (The Wolf Among Us)

U3tRA9t.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just downloaded the update and 1 TB extra from my external HDD is nice :)

I think this could affect resale/trade in value of 1 TB consoles.

Could there be any issues with data transfer over USB 3.0 that would make the built in HDD a better option? Probably not I guess?

I have this one, which I'd highly recommend:

* Seagate Firecuda

I have it in a launch PS4, but you get even more benefit from it in the PS4 Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

wonski wrote:
    Could there be any issues with data transfer over USB 3.0 that would make the built in HDD a better option? Probably not I guess?

USB 3.0 has a higher transfer speed than SATA2.

5GB v 3GB afaik

Although SATA2 has lower latency, for playing games via USB3 in theory should be faster loading.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement