Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Evil Within for €50 new online at gamestop, €60 for pre-owned is scandalous

Edit: see F1 2015 is delayed to July now, shame was hoping to decide between that and Project Cars in early June

€25.99 from Amazon and that is with a terrible exchange rate for the Evil Within. Argos do all new games between €62-€65 when they are released, and are the best value brick and mortar at the moment.

If you want to wait on a new game VGP will do a new game for €55 including delivery as the CAD rate is still quite good, €75 for any new game in HMV/Xtravision and Gamestop is ridiculous in this day and age, we were paying even more in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Quick GTA V trophy question;

There are a few missable trophies in the game that require Trevor in order to complete. If I choose 'Option C' in the final mission, can I get these trophies whenever I want or do I need to get them before the final mission starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Quick GTA V trophy question;

There are a few missable trophies in the game that require Trevor in order to complete. If I choose 'Option C' in the final mission, can I get these trophies whenever I want or do I need to get them before the final mission starts?

Yes, if you pick option C you can do them when ever.

Altruist Acolyte and Wanted: Alive or Alive, there are only a limited number of opportunities to earn these two trophies. When playing as Trevor, you will encounter select few Random Events that task you with driving an NPC to a given location. Instead of doing this, drop at least one off at the Altruist Cult in the mountains. Also there are only four Bail Bond missions in which you can capture a target alive so if all these opportunities are squandered, you will have to start a new game or revert to a previous save file to earn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cheers! I have the Altruist Alcoylte trophy (by chance at the start of the game with Trevor). I'm not sure if I've tried the other one yet. Is there a way to check the progress just in case I've bailed a couple of times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

11220883_412988858884184_4519933750219363480_n.jpg?oh=ede489bebbd4977c40b8630ae8f5d334&oe=5601A9A2&__gda__=1443591806_6d7b532d763b92a48040b0b4584a97ad

Chap is has an excellent record for insider stuff, and its a pretty badly kept secret either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just found out that you can play War Thunder on PC with your PS4 account, it's doesn't go the other way which pissed off PC players when it came out but it's good for PS4 players if they want to jump on either.
    cloud493 wrote: »
    11220883_412988858884184_4519933750219363480_n.jpg?oh=ede489bebbd4977c40b8630ae8f5d334&oe=5601A9A2&__gda__=1443591806_6d7b532d763b92a48040b0b4584a97ad

Chap is has an excellent record for insider stuff, and its a pretty badly kept secret either way.

Might get them when cheap, have all on PS3 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Have only played Uncharted 2 (and didn't even finish it), this is good news for me!

martyos121 wrote: »
    Have only played Uncharted 2 (and didn't even finish it), this is good news for me!

I know people complain about these but when there's a huge amount who've not played these games and obviously there are from the reports that the majority of PS4 owners didn't have either a PS3 or a recent console before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Uncharted is a fantastic series. The converts from Xbox have something to look forward to there.

Uncharted is a fantastic series. The converts from Xbox have something to look forward to there.

I will buy it again at some point but it's mostly down to what they do with Drake's Fortune, the game has aged even a 1080@60 high texture remaster won't change that. It needs to be more remake than remaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'll definitely buy it, as will my friend. Neither of us played those games last gen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Varik wrote: »
    I will buy it again at some point but it's mostly down to what they do with Drake's Fortune, the game has aged even a 1080@60 high texture remaster won't change that. It needs to be more remake than remaster.

I don't think it's aged that badly. The controls can be a bit loose and off in places, but bar that it's very solid.

It's actually my favourite uncharted, though I thought 2 looked best, obviously, but strangely thought 3 looked worse somehow -less consistent

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I don't think it's aged that badly. The controls can be a bit loose and off in places, but bar that it's very solid.

It's actually my favourite uncharted, though I thought 2 looked best, obviously, but strangely thought 3 looked worse somehow -less consistent

It's shown up badly by the later games, it doesn't look like it was even released on the same system.

In the case of halo there's a demand to make them play the same, but in that cases the remake had the maps to be used on the new halo game / engine / rules. But for uncharted i hope they redo the 3 games on the updated engine used in the last of us, especially the first game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

martyos121 wrote: »

Me too I've never played the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Me too I've never played the series.

I haven't either. When will this be out?

Lemlin wrote: »
    I haven't either. When will this be out?

It hasn't been officially announced yet, so we have no idea, say roughly between August and November.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

When is the uncharted remasters out? Only played the 3rd one and it was one of the best games ive ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have all the games in the trilogy, never once played them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Xenji wrote: »
    I have all the games in the trilogy, never once played them though.

Snap!

Stupid backlog

Man I love uncharted, only platinumed the second one, wish I had more time to do the other two. I'd have liked them to put golden abyss in too, and bought the whole thing up to scratch a wee bit, but this is still pretty great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have golden abyss , got it with plus but hardly played it.

I have golden abyss , got it with plus but hardly played it.

Its a decent enough game, but probably constrained by the hardware of the vita and being a launch title so had many useless vita features crammed into it. Be nice to see it with a decent framerate, looking a bit nicer, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought uncharted on vita was not very good at all. Controls were floaty and it just didn't have the quality of the naughty dog games. It's really very meh and uninteresting. The mini game bits that use the vita features are not very well thought out and and only serve to take you out of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That's good to know as I got Golden Abyss through Plus.

Although not terrible it did make me think were the console games much better or was the whole series severely over hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I wasn't expecting much from Golden Abyss - and maybe that's why I actually enjoyed it. I think going in with such low expectations served me quite well in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Looks like the witcher 3 is sold out in most places I have went too.

does anyone have any ideas of where there is stock.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

padair wrote: »
    Looks like the witcher 3 is sold out in most places I have went too.

does anyone have any ideas of where there is stock.

P.

psn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

psn

Not much resale value..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

psn

I wouldn't buy this on PSN as you are missing out on a decent manual that actually has useful info in it besides the controls and a proper map that you just don't get anymore with any hard copy games sadly unless you buy overpriced special editions.

• Advertisement

Until Dawn will be out on the 26th August.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement