Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Time played is not accurate...even in the slighest. So i dont know how mich faith id put into any of the stats tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

EoinHef wrote: »
    Time played is not accurate...even in the slighest. So i dont know how mich faith id put into any of the stats tbh.

You're right it's way off, it reckons I've played Driveclub for 210 hours. That's ridiculous, it would be 40 hours maximum.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

its very weird. It came through to the email address for my UK PSN account. I never use this account, but it has me down for hundreds of hours for CoD online??? Strange. I never get any email for my Irish account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Is it phishing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone having issues buying PSN off buygamecredit they still haven't got back to me I've a wallet of 33euro and not letting me purchase a 20euro PSN is it just me or is purchases down or something?

There doesn't seem to really be a place to post about it when I try to Google anyways..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Game I put most hours into is Skyrim at 110. Top 20% in terms of trophies (I seriously doubt this, trophies mean nothing to me and I only have bronze and silver). Rarest trophy is Gotham Base Jumper from Batman Return to Arkham and description is Jump off the tallest building in Gotham and glide for 1 minute without touching the ground.

Honestly don't really believe those stats are correct .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Top 1% on trophies. Dunno about that but it's official so, I'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Has anybody here played Night in the Woods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Grayditch wrote: »
    Top 1% on trophies. Dunno about that but it's official so, I'll take it.

Same here, I think it's because of all the trophieless accounts used for buying games from foreign stores diluting the statistics. There's no way I'd be in the top 1% of regular players otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Running out of space on my PS4. It's telling me I have to free up another 30GB before I can install Uncharted 4. I have a tendency to go back playing games I've passed months/years later so I'm torn as to what game(s) to delete. If I delete a game from the hard drive will the saved data from it remain so that if I reinstalled it I could just carrying on as if I never deleted it in the first place? Thanks in advance for any help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Redo91 wrote: »
    Running out of space on my PS4. It's telling me I have to free up another 30GB before I can install Uncharted 4. I have a tendency to go back playing games I've passed months/years later so I'm torn as to what game(s) to delete. If I delete a game from the hard drive will the saved data from it remain so that if I reinstalled it I could just carrying on as if I never deleted it in the first place? Thanks in advance for any help!

Buy an external hard drive and put your games onto that.

If you have PS+ your saves should go to the cloud then you can redownload them somewhere in settings I believe, probably some PS+ settings.. I've deleted games without PS+ and have lost all data, really don't understand how the save files can't just stay on the PS4 it's not like they are the issue as to why my hard drive is so full..

But yeah external hard drive is something I tend to get soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

The save data doesn't get deleted. If you can delete a games you have on disc so you won't have to spend as much time reinstalling.

EDIT:
    If you have PS+ your saves should go to the cloud then you can redownload them somewhere in settings I believe, probably some PS+ settings.. I've deleted games without PS+ and have lost all data, really don't understand how the save files can't just stay on the PS4 it's not like they are the issue as to why my hard drive is so full..

But yeah external hard drive is something I tend to get soon..
    Are you sure? I just deleted the Witcher and my save files are still on my PS4. I even have save data from long deleted betas in my save data storage.

Ok so basically I can delete the game from my hard drive without losing the saved data? All my games are on CD in any case.

Ok so basically I can delete the game from my hard drive without losing the saved data? All my games are on CD in any case.
    Yeah. If you want to be doubly sure you could back up your saves to a USB stick.

Just deleted Watchdogs and Far Cry 4 there. Saved data for both is still there so it's all good. Thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Anyone having issues buying PSN off buygamecredit they still haven't got back to me I've a wallet of 33euro and not letting me purchase a 20euro PSN is it just me or is purchases down or something?

There doesn't seem to really be a place to post about it when I try to Google anyways..

I also haven't been able to top up using my carrier credit as usual. I'm with 3 and they also don't have them listed through the website interface anymore. I emailed and they acknowledged an issue and said they're working on it.

Evade wrote: »
    The save data doesn't get deleted. If you can delete a games you have on disc so you won't have to spend as much time reinstalling.

EDIT:

Are you sure? I just deleted the Witcher and my save files are still on my PS4. I even have save data from long deleted betas in my save data storage.

I had to restart my saves for Lego games and some others but this was maybe like a year ago or so I forget..

Also regarding buygamecredit @Klair how did you get a reply so quick they won't even respond to me I've sent emails for the last week without response... I can't believe that it says I have 33euro wallet and I can't buy a PSN code I'm afraid to try buy PS plus as it's something I don't need..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I had to restart my saves for Lego games and some others but this was maybe like a year ago or so I forget..

Also regarding buygamecredit @Klair how did you get a reply so quick they won't even respond to me I've sent emails for the last week without response... I can't believe that it says I have 33euro wallet and I can't buy a PSN code I'm afraid to try buy PS plus as it's something I don't need..

The Buygamecredit and HMVgamecredit are the same service so I emailed the support through the HMV site just today and got a response just saying they're aware of it and a ticket has been raised. The PS+ option won't work. That's what I was after and I tried €20 then and neither works.

Klair88 wrote: »
    The Buygamecredit and HMVgamecredit are the same service so I emailed the support through the HMV site just today and got a response just saying they're aware of it and a ticket has been raised. The PS+ option won't work. That's what I was after and I tried €20 then and neither works.

So are you in same situation as me and just can't buy them when you have the wallet? Or are you trying to use credit?

Credit comes from the phone but wallet is actually put onto the site account so in the case where you are trying to use credit from phone the limit with 3 is 30euro per month which always gets reset on the 1st of the month.. I had issues adding my money then when I got 15free credit I got to buy 15 wallet..

• Advertisement

After installing Uncharted 4 (it's a physical copy) it says that the game takes up 48GB of data plus another 13GB with an update. It's says I now have 18GB of free space. When I go to begin the game without completing the update as I'll be playing offline, it says I still don't have enough room. How can that be the case when it says I have 18GB free?

I think you can save to the cloud. Look at system storage management under settings.

I would also recommend you upgrade your storage. Upgrading the internal storage is surprisingly easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Upgrading the internal storage is surprisingly easy.

Surely no need for that now that PS allows use of external hard drives?

After installing Uncharted 4 (it's a physical copy) it says that the game takes up 48GB of data plus another 13GB with an update. It's says I now have 18GB of free space. When I go to begin the game without completing the update as I'll be playing offline, it says I still don't have enough room. How can that be the case when it says I have 18GB free?
    You need twice as much space, or at least you did on PS3. You need 13GB to download it and another 13GB to install it to, then the first 13GB gets freed up.

Bought GTA bundle on sale . Loved these back in the day by my my god the controls. No Idea how I managed to 100% these back in the day instinct is L2 R2 to aim and shoot with right stick for camera but with these it's 3 or 4 buttons and spray and pray. Till I realised the cheats dont disable trophies so I spam the rocket launcher.

The GTA 3 soundtrack deserves special mention because it was 100% original and didn't use licensed music which the later games rely heavily upon.

Amazing 16 years on and I still know Liberty City like the back of my hand even remembered where the rampages where and the RC toys truck. :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Surely no need for that now that PS allows use of external hard drives?

I still prefer to do it. Feels like the more permanent solution. You can achieve slight performance increases too, particularly on the Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Bought GTA bundle on sale . Loved these back in the day by my my god the controls. No Idea how I managed to 100% these back in the day instinct is L2 R2 to aim and shoot with right stick for camera but with these it's 3 or 4 buttons and spray and pray. Till I realised the cheats dont disable trophies so I spam the rocket launcher.

The GTA 3 soundtrack deserves special mention because it was 100% original and didn't use licensed music which the later games rely heavily upon.

Amazing 16 years on and I still know Liberty City like the back of my hand even remembered where the rampages where and the RC toys truck. :D

I'm almost certain that you can change the control scheme on these to use the shoulder buttons for shooting.

The original controls are etched into my muscle memory, so I usually able to jump back into them easily enough!

Cheats don't disable trophies eh!! Hmmmm :D

Also, good call on the soundtrack. It's amazing to think that all those genres of music were commissioned rather than licensed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm pretty sure the GTA 3 soundtrack wasn't 100% original. I know off the top of my head some of the Flashback FM songs were in Scarface. "Push it to the limits" and I think "she's on fire" are two.

Maybe some of the music is original but definitely not all of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the GTA 3 soundtrack wasn't 100% original. I know off the top of my head some of the Flashback FM songs were in Scarface. "Push it to the limits" and I think "she's on fire" are two.

Maybe some of the music is original but definitely not all of it.

They were on Vice City, were they not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Nope, just checked wiki and it seems like most tracks are licensed.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_III_soundtrack

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement