Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

They were on Vice City, were they not?

Definitely GTA III also game radio (hip hop) and the classical/opera music stations had licensed music. The original gta had unlicensed music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GTA 3 soundtrack wasn't 100%, some class tunes on Game FM by Royce da 5'9. Actually tempted to pick up the bundle but any vids show it hasn't aged well. Was gonna go with one but actually couldn't decide between 3, VC and SA, all epic in their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Zero-Cool wrote:
    GTA 3 soundtrack wasn't 100%, some class tunes on Game FM by Royce da 5'9. Actually tempted to pick up the bundle but any vids show it hasn't aged well. Was gonna go with one but actually couldn't decide between 3, VC and SA, all epic in their own way.

I've been playing GTA 3 on a 43" 4K TV and it looks fine. it's not graphically impressive or anything but just the nostalgia of it makes it so enjoyable i have now bought the trilogy on 3 different platforms but I'm enjoying it the most on the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I picked up SA back when it came out but still didn't get around to finish it, just nearly finished up with the Las Venturas part. Probably gonna get VC when I do, I must of completed SA about 5-6 times but only VC once, I never really could get into 3 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It definitely wasn't all original music, must have been in a coma this morning :P

There was also that epic tune by Slyder on Rise FM called Score.
    Along wih Da Shootaz and Royce Da 5'9" it was a great soundtrack :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just played a round of Battlefield 1 with my new Sony gold 2.0 headphones. Wow, it's like a different game. Can't wait to try out more of my games and hear how they sound

Will the All4 App work if I download it off a UK account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Will the All4 App work if I download it off a UK account?

Works for me, annoying though cos it's riddled with ads.

Works for me, annoying though cos it's riddled with ads.

Ah that's grand, do they have the same selection as they do on their site? Was trying to watch some Kitchen Nightmares but they're not on the Sky app and the browser can't play them.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Ah that's grand, do they have the same selection as they do on their site? Was trying to watch some Kitchen Nightmares but they're not on the Sky app and the browser can't play them.

Pretty sure they do, we watched it a few years ago on the app anyway. Good show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Right lads, I have the original PS4 500gb from the 1st week of launch. The thing literally sounds like a Panzer tank at this stage so thinking of an upgrade.
    I've been playing it on a 4K TV so obviously I'm thinking about upgrading to the Pro.
    Is it well worth the purchase? Is it very quiet?
    Will they be bringing out a Pro 2.0 anytime soon? 1TB seems small enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Right lads, I have the original PS4 500gb from the 1st week of launch. The thing literally sounds like a Panzer tank at this stage so thinking of an upgrade.
    I've been playing it on a 4K TV so obviously I'm thinking about upgrading to the Pro.

Is it well worth the purchase?
    Is it very quiet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I've been playing it on a 4K TV so obviously I'm thinking about upgrading to the Pro.

Is it well worth the purchase?
    Is it very quiet?

You can now use an external HDD on the PS so dont worry about that :)

If you have a 4k tv then go for the Pro, alot of people saying good things about the graphics etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Any decent bundles going at the minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

My launch day ps4 controller has gotten very bad lately. It will randomly disconnect even when fully charged and it seems to have a mind of its own too. This happened when playing battlefield 1 the other day. It's now starting to happen more frequently in any game i play

Can anyone shed any light on what or why is this happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    My launch day ps4 controller has gotten very bad lately. It will randomly disconnect even when fully charged and it seems to have a mind of its own too. This happened when playing battlefield 1 the other day. It's now starting to happen more frequently in any game i play

No idea but one of my ps3 controllers does something very similar a string of random buttons presses out of the blue.

Probably time for a new one if it's a launch controller. I replaced my launch one recently after at least 5000 hours of (ab)use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Played it last night, much more vaiety of cards than what was in Witcher 3

Got an email today with a code for a theme for Horizon Zero Dawn because I got the platinum trophy, is that a thing on PS4? Better than the nothing I get for 1000gs on xbox :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

It's a thing but I don't know how it works. I got the platinum for Horizon like two weeks ago and still haven't gotten any email about the theme. I have promotional emails turned on aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't know where to ask but if you join Amazon prime should your deliveries be faster than 10 days?
    I ordered Horizon & it's been dispatched but won't deliverer for 10 days?
    BTW it's Asendia so I won't be even getting it regardless of the supposed delivery date. I thought joining prime meant I'd avoid these cünts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

ERG89 wrote: »
    I don't know where to ask but if you join Amazon prime should your deliveries be faster than 10 days?
    BTW it's Asendia so I won't be even getting it regardless of the supposed delivery date. I thought joining prime meant I'd avoid these cünts

Did you click priority delivery? Is it a 1st party or 3rd party seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If you are using Prime you need to use the likes of Parcel Motel and the item has to be Prime eligible, not all items are and you have next day delivery with Prime unless it is from a third party and you order on a Sunday and then it can be 48 hours.

Asendia are mostly used for free Super Saver Deliveries and have the worst track record out of any carrier Amazon use, you could be waiting from two weeks to a month or not get the item at all, plenty of stories here about them, that is why I have been using the Prime and PM route for the last couple of years.

You would of been shown these options for delivery if you used Prime.
    Choose your Prime delivery option:
    £4.49/item Express Delivery : get it tomorrow, April 3
    FREE One-Day Delivery : get it tomorrow, April 3
    FREE Standard Delivery
    FREE No-Rush Delivery (3 - 5 business days)

I'm on Prime and i get everything to my virtual address, everything arrives there the next day, i then receive it the next working day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Did you use a fast charger by any chance?

You have probably fried the battery if you have

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Asendia are a bunch of clowns that couldn't deliver something on time even if there lifes depended on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Asendia are a bunch of clowns that couldn't deliver something on time even if there lifes depended on it.
    I am shocked every year that Amazon continues to use them.

I now use Parcel Motel to get around using Assendia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Ryan Penagos (High up guy at Marvel) says Spider-Man PS4 will be a 2017 release!

https://streamable.com/ub07s

The Jak & Daxter games are coming to PS4 :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement