Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    The Jak & Daxter games are coming to PS4 :D:D:D

This looks to be a normal PS2 classic, and not even a port of the remaster for PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Varik wrote: »
    This looks to be a normal PS2 classic, and not even a port of the remaster for PS3.

Yeah, it's part of the PS2 on PS4 yolk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just noticed Mount & Blade: Warband is in the PS Store. Bought ut yesterday and it downloaded in 15 mins :pac:

It's feckin brilliant so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Fieldog wrote: »
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    My launch day ps4 controller has gotten very bad lately. It will randomly disconnect even when fully charged and it seems to have a mind of its own too. This happened when playing battlefield 1 the other day. It's now starting to happen more frequently in any game i play

Can anyone shed any light on what or why is this happening.

Did you use a fast charger by any chance?

You have probably fried the battery if you have
    No, i have always used the cable that came with ps4. I've been testing it a bit recently and it may be to do with a signal clash. I moved my router which was beside the ps4 and it's seems to have helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Just noticed Mount & Blade: Warband is in the PS Store. Bought ut yesterday and it downloaded in 15 mins :pac:

It's feckin brilliant so far.

This the one that's been on steam sales for ages?

How much is it going for on PSN? I think I own it but gaming PC isn't 100% yet so would be willing to try on PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Where can I buy the normal ps4? Don't want to buy the slim or pro. Any shops sell them anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

RedXIV wrote: »
    This the one that's been on steam sales for ages?

How much is it going for on PSN? I think I own it but gaming PC isn't 100% yet so would be willing to try on PS4

Yes it is. I didnt want to play it on PC. It's €19.99 in PS Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    No, i have always used the cable that came with ps4. I've been testing it a bit recently and it may be to do with a signal clash. I moved my router which was beside the ps4 and it's seems to have helped.

I had an input lag issue where my input's on the game kept my onscreen character going after I stopped moving....

I couldn't figure it out at all and in the end I sussed it, was because my PS4 Pro was behind my Smart TV in my room and the WiFi off that somehow interfered with the controller response and latency, plopped console down low on floor and it's fine ever since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I had an input lag issue where my input's on the game kept my onscreen character going after I stopped moving....

I couldn't figure it out at all and in the end I sussed it, was because my PS4 Pro was behind my Smart TV in my room and the WiFi off that somehow interfered with the controller response and latency, plopped console down low on floor and it's fine ever since!

I've thrown out controllers for this. Oh dear.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've thrown out controllers for this. Oh dear.

Do you keep your console behind your TV and have the WiFi on the TV by any chance? :P

Use to drive me radio rental playing Destiny with the drift!

• Advertisement

Do you keep your console behind your TV and have the WiFi on the TV by any chance? :P

I've the console a little behind the t.v and to the left alright, but the wireless (extender) is about 4 feet away. I just figured I was very heavy handed on them. Still might be the case.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've the console a little behind the t.v and to the left alright, but the wireless (extender) is about 4 feet away. I just figured I was very heavy handed on them. Still might be the case.

For pigiron (as Mammy Fieldog says) just try move it out from behind the TV for a week or two if you can and see does it make a difference, funny you mention it but I also have a WiFi homeplug in the same spot...

The plot thickens....

For pigiron (as Mammy Fieldog says) just try move it out from behind the TV for a week or two if you can and see does it make a difference, funny you mention it but I also have a WiFi homeplug in the same spot...

The plot thickens....

Hmmm. I tried to fix them and failed, so they're in the bin. I'll definitely not be so hasty with the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Quick question. If you pre-order a game digitally on PSN when do they take payment? At the time of the order or on release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Quick question. If you pre-order a game digitally on PSN when do they take payment? At the time of the order or on release?

At the time of order. It says immediate payment required in yellow for pre orders on PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I only ever pre-booked twice and both times it took the payment immediately.

It's worth noting that you can only cancel and get refunded for a pre-order if the main game hasn't downloaded. So make sure to have automatic downloads switched off just in case you have a change of heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just saw APB Reloaded is free on psn. I remember thinking that looked class on PC years ago but it tanked. Anyone try this version yet?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I just saw APB Reloaded is free on psn. I remember thinking that looked class on PC years ago but it tanked. Anyone try this version yet?

Digital Foundry analysis of XB1 version:

From what I've seen of the PS4, it's just as bad.

I'd give it a miss...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is PSN down for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is PSN down for anyone else?

No, but downloads was slow for the last hour but seem to have sped up now.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    No, but downloads was slow for the last hour but seem to have sped up now.

Turned on my console and was asked to change my password & they would send me on an email. Never got it...weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Turned on my console and was asked to change my password & they would send me on an email. Never got it...weird

Strange, I would change your password anyway just in case something dodgy going on, don't mind waiting for an email.

PSN download speed was attrocious yesterday evening.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Strange, I would change your password anyway just in case something dodgy going on, don't mind waiting for an email.

It was sent to my junk folder :confused:
    I guess I'll change it when I get a chance to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was sent to my junk folder :confused:
    I guess I'll change it when I get a chance to

Make sure you have 2 step verification turned on enabled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cosmic star heroine out on Tuesday, at long last .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

So, I have an Xbox and a PS4. Hadn't used my Xbox in months, decided to give it another whirl.

Off I popped into the Xbox store to see if any titles were worth having. I gave up after about 2 minutes. Games that are €12.99 in the PS Store (Batman AK) were €50 or more in the Xbox store. Also, games that were €29.99 in GameStop were €69.99 in the Xbox store.

What gives?

Anyway, PlayStation all the way!!!

So, Batman: AK, Shadow of Mordor or Assassins Creed: Syndicate.

All under €15.

What would you suggest?

(Or something else?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

It's because there all on sale, they'll go back up to normal prices at the end of the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

shuffles03 wrote: »
    So, I have an Xbox and a PS4. Hadn't used my Xbox in months, decided to give it another whirl.

Off I popped into the Xbox store to see if any titles were worth having. I gave up after about 2 minutes. Games that are €12.99 in the PS Store (Batman AK) were €50 or more in the Xbox store. Also, games that were €29.99 in GameStop were €69.99 in the Xbox store.

What gives?

All under €15.

What would you suggest?

(Or something else?)

There is sales on the Xbox as well as long as you have gold just like psn plus on the Ps4 you need to wait for the sales to happen on both consoles Sony has a good sale now after this could he a few more weeks before there is another good one while the Xbox could have a good sale next week. Basicly like Tesco and Dunnes one could be better then the other depending on the week.

If you have not played black flag or unity there very cheap from cd keys for the Xbox one should get both for about 5 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

shuffles03 wrote: »

Off I popped into the Xbox store to see if any titles were worth having. I gave up after about 2 minutes. Games that are 12.99 in the PS Store (Batman AK) were 50 or more in the Xbox store. Also, games that were 29.99 in GameStop were 69.99 in the Xbox store.

What gives?

All under 15.

What would you suggest?

(Or something else?)

Your Xbox pricing is off, also the games you mention are currently on sale on the PSN store and are not on sale on the Xbox store. The Xbox spring sales starts on April 11th.

Current Xbox prices (no sale)

Batman AK - €35

Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition - €30

Assassins Creed: Syndicate - €40

• Advertisement

There is no comparison between prices on PSN and Xbox, PSN wins hands down. Their pricing for games is great, sure it's expensive upon release but the price will go down rather quickly unlike on Xbox where it's common to see a five year old game still retailing for €70.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement