Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bit longer I think, few places suggesting around 10 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Any news on length of game? We looking at something similar to Left Behind TLOU DLC?

I think one of the devs said it's going to be over 10 hours long. It's being sold as a stand alone game whereas Left Behind was DLC so it was always going to be longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Uncharted 4: The Lost Legacy is out on August 23rd and pre-orders get the upcoming four Jak and Daxter PS2 classics for free.

You only get Jak & Daxter 1, not all 4.

Seems to be these are releasing August 22nd, was hoping they'd be out a lot sooner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

*puts hand up*

Excuse me for interrupting, but what exactly is a skub?

*puts hand up*

Excuse me for interrupting, but what exactly is a skub?

It's just something made up for the webcomic, it's like a mcguffin, a plot device that is the cause for the narrative thrust but has little if any explanation. Kind of like what's in the back of the car in Repo Man or the suitcase in Pulp Fiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    You only get Jak & Daxter 1, not all 4.

Seems to be these are releasing August 22nd, was hoping they'd be out a lot sooner!

My mistake, was quoting Eurogamer, they're usually reliable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Had a weird one today and was wondering has anyone else ever come across anything like it.

all my psn friends list was appearing as normal for me but got contacted by a few friends wondering had i removed them as i was not showing up.

thinking it a bug i rebboted the ps4 only to find that my friends list was completely empty.

weird and a caused a bit of confusion and awkwardness for a while.

anyone any ideas what could have caused it, i updated the ps4 to system software version 4.55 on monday and apparently a few ppl noticed they had been removed then as well, so im not sure if this is linked.

also its definetly not a hack as i have 2 step verification enabled and no attempt was made to access my account.

after all this happened 3 of my games are showing up as corrupted files as well.

any ideas welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NBA PLaygrounds releasing in May. Looks like an updated NBA Jam. Looks to be set at 20 euro.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/12/nba-playgrounds-watch-the-gameplay-trailer-new-details/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    NBA PLaygrounds releasing in May. Looks like an updated NBA Jam. Looks to be set at 20 euro.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/12/nba-playgrounds-watch-the-gameplay-trailer-new-details/

NBA Jam an all-time classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If they can match the fun that NBA Jam had then it is a must buy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I'm definitely interested in that. I enjoy basketball games but ultimately the 2K series is beyond what I'm looking for. The NBA Jam series was great fun so I'd welcome a return to that type of game. It's just a shame about their heads. It looks very silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jcd5971 wrote: »
    all my psn friends list was appearing as normal for me but got contacted by a few friends wondering had i removed them as i was not showing up.

This happens me a lot on the other side. People keep disappearing from my friends list but when I accuse them of deleting me it turns out they haven't.
    Saw that message about games being corrupted in the Destiny chat. Weird one - are they digital games, are they gone gone, did you try turning it on and off again? (the limit of my techie know-how)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got michonne game last night for a fiver! how long does it take too complete does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I got michonne game last night for a fiver! how long does it take too complete does anyone know?

You should do it in under 5 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gimli2112 wrote: »
    This happens me a lot on the other side. People keep disappearing from my friends list but when I accuse them of deleting me it turns out they haven't.
    Saw that message about games being corrupted in the Destiny chat. Weird one - are they digital games, are they gone gone, did you try turning it on and off again? (the limit of my techie know-how)

Funny you mention​ this, back when I had a PS3 previous and in the very early days of the PS4 my PS4 permanently told me my missus was online playing GTA, when she clearly was not and sitting right beside me.... :)

I think it only vanished with the first major FW update...

Friends list is touch and go I think...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    You should do it in under 5 hours.

Completed in 5hours 56 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone played the elder Scrolls online trial. I've heard it's not bad as a single player game too. Is the trial worth the download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone played the elder Scrolls online trial. I've heard it's not bad as a single player game too. Is the trial worth the download?

Sure no harm in giving it a go. I played it myself not too long ago I didn't like it that much, but it was the first Elder Scrolls game I've played. And I pretty sure ESO is on sale on the store for a tenner as well atm, so if you do like it you'd be sorted with that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think the hamsters running the PSN servers started into the easter eggs early, shyte download speed atm

DeSelby83 wrote: »

It is meant to have improved greatly since its launch but it still does not click with a lot of Elder Scroll friends of mine, Legion took a lot of the player base as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think the hamsters running the PSN servers started into the easter eggs early, shyte download speed atm

BLOPS3 took 11 hours to download, and has been installing since 9 this morning and still not ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sugarman wrote: »
    Is there any 2.5" portable harddrives with a standard sata connection I can buy to stick in the PS4?

Hard to find info online, but a lot of the newer externals seem to have esata connectors soldered onto the drives themselves.

Want to remove the 500gb and put it back into the caddy.

I got a USB 3 to SATA cable. I've left the internal hdd flop about the back of the ps4. It doesn't move, ever so didnt think there was a need to get a case for it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0140QF8YW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dont know where else to put this. Playing Fahrenheit on the PS4. I don't know is it the port or the game itself but it's terrible. There is a part with 2 characters boxing, the inputs pop up so fast I'm not sure it could read inputs & often when I thought I failed it said 'great'. I gave up on it when I had to sneak into a base & the kid says there was a hole in the fence.....there wasn't after I spent 10 minutes looking I had to climb over a fence. -_-

ERG89 wrote: »
    Dont know where else to put this. Playing Fahrenheit on the PS4. I don't know is it the port or the game itself but it's terrible. There is a part with 2 characters boxing, the inputs pop up so fast I'm not sure it could read inputs & often when I thought I failed it said 'great'. I gave up on it when I had to sneak into a base & the kid says there was a hole in the fence.....there wasn't after I spent 10 minutes looking I had to climb over a fence. -_-

It is a remaster of a PS2 game from 2005 and it has been on various other platforms as well, I remember it being very well received when it came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

ERG89 wrote: »

Everything positive and negative about Fahrenheit can be summed up in two words. David Cage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sugarman wrote: »
    Thanks, but thats not what I want to do.

I want to buy a 2TB 2.5" portable drive and removed the disc, stick the 2TB into the PS4 and stick the 500gb from the PS4 back into the caddy.

I done this with my PS3, but now nearly all harddrives have their usb ports soldered onto them instead of being standard sata drives.

Replacement HD Thread for PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Greetings all.

Got a PS4 Slim 1TB last Thursday so I can play the PS exclusive games such as The Last of Us and Uncharted.

Going to get it up and running today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Hi All,

I'm considering buying a PS4 pro after about 10 years since I owned the PS3. We only have one tv at home so I'm thinking of maybe getting the VR headset too instead of buying a second TV. I'd like to know if people think it's worth it and a viable alternative to a TV and also is there many games that use VR, I'm into racing games mostly and third person games.

TIA,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Kagawa wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm considering buying a PS4 pro after about 10 years since I owned the PS3. We only have one tv at home so I'm thinking of maybe getting the VR headset too instead of buying a second TV. I'd like to know if people think it's worth it and a viable alternative to a TV and also is there many games that use VR, I'm into racing games mostly and third person games.

TIA,
    I've owned a HTC Vive headset which blows the PSVR headset out of the water and I regretted not putting that money into a new TV.

I did eventually sell it and put the funds towards a nice 4k TV. I'd recommend using your money for a good TV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement