Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's pretty ridiculous alright. To be fair to GameStop, I'm sure you could get a second hand Horizon for cheaper than €68, CeX are just taking the piss.

Horizon vs Mafia 3? No contest. Right call was made regardless of price. Enjoy!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nailz wrote: »
    It's pretty ridiculous alright. To be fair to GameStop, I'm sure you could get a second hand Horizon for cheaper than ?68, CeX are just taking the piss.

Don't CeX generally give more credit for trade ins though? All relative.

Their cash price is generally better than Gamestops credit offering in my experience.

Nailz wrote: »
    It's pretty ridiculous alright. To be fair to GameStop, I'm sure you could get a second hand Horizon for cheaper than €68, CeX are just taking the piss.

I'm curious on this one because I've seen some of these games pop up in cex a day or two after release in recent times. Might only be one or two copies. Are they getting small amounts of new stock I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I'm curious on this one because I've seen some of these games pop up in cex a day or two after release in recent times. Might only be one or two copies. Are they getting small amounts of new stock I wonder?

I say they are getting new Stock I was in one of there stores in the UK in camden and they had I say about 50 games still in there plastics and where selling them as new. So yes they are getting new stock and selling as new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I say they are getting new Stock I was in one of there stores in the UK in camden and they had I say about 50 games still in there plastics and where selling them as new. So yes they are getting new stock and selling as new.

People are buying bundle deals in Argos etc and trading the game straight into CEX to bring down the price of the console.

I'd say that's one of the main reasons they have so many new copies as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

maximoose wrote: »

Their cash price is generally better than Gamestops credit offering in my experience.
    That's true, but only balances out from a selling perspective. I generally don't trade in games as I like to keep a collection, so I wouldn't be reaping such benefits.

That's just me however, CeX does have its advantages if you're the type of person who keeps a 'rolling' gaming library, going from game-to-game.
    I would say they are unused second-hand games (for want of a better description) from people who found a way to earn some quick cash by finding the game somewhere for a good price and selling it on for a profit. It's possible because CeX's initial cash/credit trade-in value tends to be very high for in-demand games.
    Unwanted games from console bundles are also a good reason for this also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

maximoose wrote:

Never use cash in CEX! I traded in horizon yesterday, got €42 for it. Had looked around to trade for Nier, no luck though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

emmetkenny wrote: »
    People are buying bundle deals in Argos etc and trading the game straight into CEX to bring down the price of the console.

I'd say that's one of the main reasons they have so many new copies as well

But CEX make you take of the plastic on the game i had to countless times when tradeing in as they cant sell the games as new in Ireland. But in the UK they would have different rules as a lot more of there stores over there are indie owned so they would deal in a lot more different stuff. Like the one i was in had Game boy games, PS1 games and you name it a huge retro area in the window. They have started to do that in Ireland as well with SNES and N64 and there 2nd hand prices are not to bad on them games as well a lot better then what some are looking for them on adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

But CEX make you take of the plastic on the game i had to countless times when tradeing in as they cant sell the games as new in Ireland. But in the UK they would have different rules as a lot more of there stores over there are indie owned so they would deal in a lot more different stuff. Like the one i was in had Game boy games, PS1 games and you name it a huge retro area in the window. They have started to do that in Ireland as well with SNES and N64 and there 2nd hand prices are not to bad on them games as well a lot better then what some are looking for them on adverts

Not all the time. I've traded in a few new games in with Cex and twice they took them without opening the plastic. I'd say it's just who you get in the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cosmic Star is a great game so far anyway, would recommend it if you're into the old school RPG'S.

CEX trade in prices are based on number of copies in stock, more copies they get in the cheaper an item gets or the more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Why don't people just buy off amazon? It's nearly always cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Why don't people just buy off amazon? It's nearly always cheaper

1 word, Asendia

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Go the Amazon Prime route with Parcel Motel, as mentioned above since Amazon started using Asendia for its Super Saver delivery a couple of years back you could end up waiting weeks for your game to arrive or not even get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ERG89 wrote: »
    1 word, Asendia

Parcel Motel to Belfast, = no Asendia involvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I must be pure lucky because I've never once had a game from Amazon delivered by Asendia. Do they even operate in the west or is it a Dublin thing? I'd definitely like to keep avoiding them by the sounds of it.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I must be pure lucky because I've never once had a game from Amazon delivered by Asendia. Do they even operate in the west or is it a Dublin thing? I'd definitely like to keep avoiding them by the sounds of it.

They are a carrier not a courier, you only run into them when you go the Super Saver route mainly with games, most orders will come from Switzerland.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They only use asendia if you have a game pre ordered ?

Before I stopped using the Super Saver delivery a couple of years back I had old releases sent by Asendia as well.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Before I stopped using the Super Saver delivery a couple of years back I had old releases sent by Asendia as well.

In experience if you pre order there's no option for priority delivery :confused: but if you order a game after it comes out it will say priority and have delivered within two days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I had Ascendia deliver more than just games. When I say deliver what I really mean is lost in transit. Amazon have lost a lot of money from me because of Ascendia.

lertsnim wrote:
    I had Ascendia deliver more than just games. When I say deliver what I really mean is lost in transit. Amazon have lost a lot of money from me because of Ascendia.

Ascendia have taken to returning parcels for me stating that "the address is difficult to find". Yeah, it's the European head office of one of the biggest companies in the world and " the drivers knowledge of local area may be lacking ". They are beyond a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Outlast 2 out today, 30 quid on psn and actually getting good reviews. Will wait for a sale myself but interested to hear what people think if they pick it up.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Outlast 2 out today, 30 quid on psn and actually getting good reviews. Will wait for a sale myself but interested to hear what people think if they pick it up.

I liked the demo, I'll pick this up at 50% discount. Don't remember the original game being so expensive at launch. The dlc was really great for that too.

sweetie wrote: »
    I liked the demo, I'll pick this up at 50% discount. Don't remember the original game being so expensive at launch. The dlc was really great for that too.

I thought the original was a full price game, can't really remember. I really enjoyed the 1st one bar my missus laughing at me at each jump scare. I only heard the DLC was better than the original game yesterday, reading I didn't pick it up when it was 2.50, will wait for it to go down again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Liked the first one but i've read a few reviews that say it runs out of steam very early on. Think i'll wait and get it cheap on PC in a Steam Sale instead of PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I bought Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY Edition in the Easter Sale but when I went to open it all I got was a black screen with the little icon flickering in the corner. The game hadn't fully installed but had done enough to supposedly open it. Anyone else have this issue?

I have deleted the game and going to reinstall just the core game without any of the extras and let it install fully before opening it to see if that works but does anyone else have any suggestions?

I got a craving for a driving game and reinstalled DriveClub. I have the main tour completed but saw a new tutorial section so gave it a blast for something new. I forgot how good the game was. The cockpit view is just superb. The rain started pelting down while I was swinging a ferrari around corners, just excellent. I don't know if it would be worth getting the season pass to open the other tours or just look for a driving game I haven't played yet.

I see Dirt Rally is on sale for 20 euro til tomorrow. Anyone recommend it?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I see Dirt Rally is on sale for 20 euro til tomorrow. Anyone recommend it?

Supposedly good but tough as nails. VR upgrade well regarded too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement