Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone had a go of this? Looks like a micro machines facsimile (new edition out in july i think) but that ain't a bad thing
    https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60188/GTA-Online-Tiny-Racers-Out-Now

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Cheapest place to get a years subscription to PS+?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

matt360 wrote: »
    Cheapest place to get a years subscription to PS+?

Cheers.

press-start.com €40-42 for Irish sub. I just renewed with them last week. Had to send photo ID though to verify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

press-start.com €40-42 for Irish sub. I just renewed with them last week. Had to send photo ID though to verify.
    That sounds a little weird.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Finally got a PS4 and starting to get back into console gaming.

Possibly dumb question but do people still trade in games as much as they used to or has the market for preowned games dried up with digital downloads, etc? I was in Smyths earlier which used to have a huge preowned section but now seem to have nothing at all. Is CEX is the best bet these days for trading-in?

Also, if I buy a game from the PS Store, can I delete and re-download it if I need to free up space, i.e. like the iOS App Store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Finally got a PS4 and starting to get back into console gaming.

Possibly dumb question but do people still trade in games as much as they used to or has the market for preowned games dried up with digital downloads, etc? I was in Smyths earlier which used to have a huge preowned section but now seem to have nothing at all. Is CEX is the best bet these days for trading-in?
    CEX and Gamestop do preowned. I'm not sure of any other shops do.
    Also, if I buy a game from the PS Store, can I delete and re-download it if I need to free up space, i.e. like the iOS App Store?
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I bought 2 €50 off them before same day, first one didn't need it but second did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I traded in sniper ghost warrior yesterday for titan fall 2 , sgw is probably the dullest most boring, depressing game I've played in some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

So I plan to get a 4K tv at the end of this year along with a PS4 Pro.

I currently have a vanilla PS4.

I've been holding out getting games like Horizon: Zero Dawn, FFXV etc as I've heard the Pro upgrades to those games are brilliant.

What do you think, wait until I get a Pro to experience these games or get them now regardless?

Is the leap to Pro that big?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

shuffles03 wrote: »
    So I plan to get a 4K tv at the end of this year along with a PS4 Pro.

I currently have a vanilla PS4.

I've been holding out getting games like Horizon: Zero Dawn, FFXV etc as I've heard the Pro upgrades to those games are brilliant.

What do you think, wait until I get a Pro to experience these games or get them now regardless?

Is the leap to Pro that big?

I got a 4K and a pro just before Christmas... if I'm honest, it's not a huge upgrade at all.
    It's nice... but not a huge upgrade. Not in my opinion anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I got a 4K and a pro just before Christmas... if I'm honest, it's not a huge upgrade at all.
    It's nice... but not a huge upgrade. Not in my opinion anyway.

While I find it to be a huge upgrade. And this is my 2nd 4k tv and the improvement is crazy compare the the last 4k tv.

Games run better are a lot brighter and less lag I find.

What model 4k did you go for ?. I have a Panasonic dx802 58 inch and it's worth every penny I paid for it.

4k hdr films look epic on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

While I find it to be a huge upgrade. And this is my 2nd 4k tv and the improvement is crazy compare the the last 4k tv.

Games run better are a lot brighter and less lag I find.

What model 4k did you go for ?. I have a Panasonic dx802 58 inch and it's worth every penny I paid for it.

4k hdr films look epic on it.

What do you reckon changed on the second set if the resolution remained the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

RedXIV wrote: »
    What do you reckon changed on the second set if the resolution remained the same?

A proper 4k 10 bit panel with hdr. There is a diff between the panels.

As far as I know mine is an 8 bit panel so that probably accounts for some of my slight disappointment alright. But even ps pro performance didn't feel like a huge upgrade. It's a lot quieter though and that's worth the upgrade alone for me. My white vanilla PS4 sounded like a 2 seater plane trying to take off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

As far as I know mine is an 8 bit panel so that probably accounts for some of my slight disappointment alright. But even ps pro performance didn't feel like a huge upgrade. It's a lot quieter though and that's worth the upgrade alone for me. My white vanilla PS4 sounded like a 2 seater plane trying to take off

Which 4K TV did you get and what size is it?

Which 4K TV did you get and what size is it?

It's a 55in Samsung KU6400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The Panasonic dx802 is an 8bit panel ,
    " One potential issue is that while the 58DX802's panel can take in 10-bit UHD/HDR signals, the panel itself is only an 8-bit affair. This could have an impact on its colour resolution "
    REF: " http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/panasonic-tx-58dx802b-1325809/review "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Anyone else experiencing controllers disconnecting randomly?

Also finding a bit of lag with it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing controllers disconnecting randomly?

Also finding a bit of lag with it as well.

No but battery level on controller pretty crappy and i don't even get to play that often.

Could something that you got recently be transferring on the same frequency is my best guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Is there any way to mute all other players?

Im sick of playing CoD and having to go and mute people, then muting again if others join or I join a new lobby

EDIT: other than creating a private party

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Can you not mute everyone in the Lobby before a match?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Titan fall 2 is an amazing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got a "Cannot start PS4" message when I turned it on today. Said download update file from the website and put it on a USB. Followed all the instructions and it said it didn't recognise the update file.

Had to boot it in safe mode and do a new installation. Almost everything lost. Now to re-download everything.

Fúcking balls.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got a "Cannot start PS4" message when I turned it on today. Said download update file from the website and put it on a USB. Followed all the instructions and it said it didn't recognise the update file.

Had to boot it in safe mode and do a new installation. Almost everything lost. Now to re-download everything.

Fúcking balls.

Did you download the full firmware or the update/delta firmware one.

Was it ~870MB or ~330MB

Varik wrote: »
    Did you download the full firmware or the update/delta firmware one.

Was it ~870MB or ~330MB

The update one first, 330MB, it said it didn't recognise that. Then I tried the 870MB one and it said update not found so I figured new installation was my only option then.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The update one first, 330MB, it said it didn't recognise that. Then I tried the 870MB one and it said update not found so I figured new installation was my only option then.

Did you have them in the right folders on the USB.

/PS4/UPDATE or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That whole process is really temperamental. I had to dig out my old PC running XP to download it as the PS4 refused to recognise the file at all when downloaded on my main PC.

Varik wrote: »
    Did you have them in the right folders on the USB.

/PS4/UPDATE or something

Yep. Had to make a folder called "PS4" and then another folder inside that called "UPDATE" and then put the update in there.

Ah well, what's done is done. Mostly annoyed about losing all my screenshots and game clips rather than save data!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That whole process is really temperamental. I had to dig out my old PC running XP to download it as the PS4 refused to recognise the file at all when downloaded on my main PC.

What's your main PC as that makes no sense.

Win 7 & 10 work for me, was it 8 or Vista.

• Advertisement

Was this a new update?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement