Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Resi Evil Code Veronica releasing on PSN tomorrow. One of the few resi games I never played.
    https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/861991004877996033

Also, anyone get the new NBA Playgrounds game? Any good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Resi Evil Code Veronica releasing on PSN tomorrow. One of the few resi games I never played.
    https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/861991004877996033

Also, anyone get the new NBA Playgrounds game? Any good?

Steep enough for 20 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Varik wrote: »
    What's your main PC as that makes no sense.

Win 7 & 10 work for me, was it 8 or Vista.

Win 7. I know it doesn't make sense but it happened. I talked about it in the thread about upgrading hard-drives. Took me about three hours of downloading on different browsers, different USB sticks, using capital letters, basically any variable I could think of.

Eventually the only thing I couldn't eliminate was the PC so I tried on the old one and it worked first time.

From reading online it appears that a lot of people have had all sorts of issues getting that file to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Win 7. I know it doesn't make sense but it happened. I talked about it in the thread about upgrading hard-drives. Took me about three hours of downloading on different browsers, different USB sticks, using capital letters, basically any variable I could think of.

Eventually the only thing I couldn't eliminate was the PC so I tried on the old one and it worked first time.

From reading online it appears that a lot of people have had all sorts of issues getting that file to download.

I've used 7 & 10 countless times so no clue what's happening there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

^^ I've done it 3 times at this stage and all were seamless.

Using Win 8 & 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It clearly isn't a Windows 7 vs XP issue but my point was that it is a temperamental file. It didn't like something in the way that that particular machine downloaded and coded it. I've never had any problems with any other downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Also have to make sure the USB drive is formatted to use FAT32 or EXFAT,some usb drives just dont seem to be compatible either.

Ive put in a few drives for friends at this stage,two of the 3 usb sticks i have work no problem,1 stick just wont be recognized by the PS4 no matter what i do.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It clearly isn't a Windows 7 vs XP issue but my point was that it is a temperamental file. It didn't like something in the way that that particular machine downloaded and coded it. I've never had any problems with any other downloads.

Could be anything, I've not had an issue but used to get loads of files competing early meaning they were corrupt when I was back on Dial up year ago.

I really hope I get picked for this, mad to try it.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/862630891495059456

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just hook it to my veins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My most played game for about 2-3 years during the HSG World Tour days. Played a bit of the current game online couple of weeks ago and managed to place in a couple of tourneys but I'm miles behind the skill curve at this point.

I have such fond memories of Everybody's Golf 1 on the PS1. Looked it up there and saw it was released in '97, 20 years ago.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Any opinions on Horizon Zero Dawn?... I must have missed that one completely, working flat out the last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Any opinions on Horizon Zero Dawn?... I must have missed that one completely, working flat out the last few months.

Get it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's really good, but the Switch has really grabbed my attention right now. I plan on getting back into it soon tho!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Anyone know if Darksiders is any good?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just bought Polybius just now, Llamasoft's latest, and it's insane!
    Just getting my eyes to blink again now.
    Just bonkers, and getting decent reviews too.
    I suppose you could wait for it on PS+, in a year or so, but it's a Jeff Minter game, does anyone really want to be left out for that long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That brings me back to Sheep In Space in 87'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Grab a PSVR and go full Lawnmower Man!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »
    Grab a PSVR and go full Lawnmower Man!

As much as I live for Rez and anything Llamasoft produce, I just can't justify the price tag of the PSVR right now, especially after spending that kind of money already on the Switch.

Maybe I'll sell my NES Mini Classic, and use the funds to buy one! (only kidding)

• Advertisement

Loving alienation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Loving alienation.

Is that similar too Helldivers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Loving alienation.

Same, great fun.

Never played it.
    Same as Dead Nation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just bought Polybius just now, Llamasoft's latest, and it's insane!
    Just getting my eyes to blink again now.
    Just bonkers, and getting decent reviews too.
    I suppose you could wait for it on PS+, in a year or so, but it's a Jeff Minter game, does anyone really want to be left out for that long?

Definitely nobody in that studio taking LSD. Nope. Nobody.

Same type but quality wise it's so much better, can't really give any specifics but enjoying it so much more than helldivers.

Game has just gone a year, and I'm glad it got onto plus as I'd never have played it otherwise.

I put on Alienation yesterday just to see what it's like. Ended up playing it for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id have to agree,its the best of the twin stick shooters we have got on plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone got an easy solution to setting the PS4 NAT settings to open with the latest virgin router? Consistently stuck in moderate to strict. PM if you want not to clog up the thread

duploelabs wrote: »
    Anyone got an easy solution to setting the PS4 NAT settings to open with the latest virgin router? Consistently stuck in moderate to strict. PM if you want not to clog up the thread

Probably best to go on Youtube. Used to happen to me a bit on PS3 and I'm a tech ignoramus. Funnily enough more often than not loading up MW2 used to fix it. Eventually went online and did something with the router settings which seemed to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

duploelabs wrote: »

Once you get NAT2 you're good to go. Have you got uPNP checked in the Router settings?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement