Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Once you get NAT2 you're good to go. Have you got uPNP checked in the Router settings?

Nat 2 is moderate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

got this from the interwebz

For most people you have. NAT Type 2 (Moderate) ?Your PS3/PS4 is connected properly and you shouldn't run into any issues.
    Moderate or Type 2 NAT ? This is the most common configuration. You may experience longer matchmaking times, issues with voice chat, or other problems. Strict or Type 3 NAT ? Strict or Type 3 NATs often indicate your console network settings are restrictive.

Have had some issues with voice chat with certain people but generally Nat 2 is fine. It's when it goes to strict you have problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Anybody have any suggestions on how to stop a game crashing
    I deleted and re installed the game but it didnt work
    CE-34878-0 is the error code
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Resi Evil Code Veronica releasing on PSN tomorrow. One of the few resi games I never played.
    https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/861991004877996033

Also, anyone get the new NBA Playgrounds game? Any good?

It is fun, but not €20 fun yet.

Online friendlies, or lack of it really, is an issue here.

Weird interface where you can't change your players unless going into Exhibition/Tournament/Online mode and adding them one by one.

And finally you can't access anything until you unlock it. That wasn't mentioned when I was about to buy it. Takes the fun element out of the game when you have to do this to do that... Waiting for updates.

It is fun, though :)

irishman86 wrote: »
    Anybody have any suggestions on how to stop a game crashing
    I deleted and re installed the game but it didnt work
    CE-34878-0 is the error code
    :(

Option A
    I had it a few times with No Man's Sky (shocking, I know :P). This did the trick for me:
    • Delete the game
    • Delete the save files
    • Redownload save files from the cloud
    • Reinstall game

Obviously, you'll need to actually have the save file in the cloud to download it :rolleyes:

Option 2
    A couple of friends of mine had success with this...
    • Hold power button for 10 seconds (might be less than that). This puts the PS4 in safe mode.
    • Select "Rebuild Database"

Option D
    Haven't tried any of these, so ymmv. They mainly suggest initialising the PS4.
    After all the above... I haven't a bog.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Option A
    I had it a few times with No Man's Sky (shocking, I know :P). This did the trick for me:
    • Delete the game
    • Delete the save files
    • Redownload save files from the cloud
    • Reinstall game

Obviously, you'll need to actually have the save file in the cloud to download it :rolleyes:

Option 2
    A couple of friends of mine had success with this...
    • Hold power button for 10 seconds (might be less than that). This puts the PS4 in safe mode.
    • Select "Rebuild Database"

Option D
    Haven't tried any of these, so ymmv. They mainly suggest initialising the PS4.
    After all the above... I haven't a bog.

Option A worked, well except for the save files so just started again. Thanks buddy

irishman86 wrote: »
    Option A worked, well except for the save files so just started again. Thanks buddy

I guess the save file was corrupt then. Out of curiousity, what game was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone have a clue how much Shadow Warrior 2 is going to be tomorrow when it gos up on PSN ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anyone have a clue how much Shadow Warrior 2 is going to be tomorrow when it gos up on PSN ?.

The Community Manager for Shadow Warrior 2 commented on the US Playstation Blog mentioning $39.99 so I'd say around €45

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/12/shadow-warrior-2-hits-ps4-on-may-19-blends-melee-and-ranged-combat/

The Community Manager for Shadow Warrior 2 commented on the US Playstation Blog mentioning $39.99 so I'd say around €45

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/12/shadow-warrior-2-hits-ps4-on-may-19-blends-melee-and-ranged-combat/

I have a 30 euro gamestop gift card so i hope i don't have to add to much more to get it.

Cant wait now as i just love the old school FPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I have a 30 euro gamestop gift card so i hope i don't have to add to much more to get it.

Cant wait now as i just love the old school FPS.

€35.99 for the collection which includes the first game
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/the-shadow-warrior-collection/cid=EP3643-CUSA05648_00-SWBUNDLE00000000
    And €39.99 for just the game
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/shadow-warrior-2/cid=EP3643-CUSA05648_00-SHADOWWARRIOR200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have to say the dualshock controllers are piss poor in terms of build quality,be buying my 3rd one over the weekend since i got the PS4. Between the rubber eroding on the sticks and the R2 button issues its pretty poor. Its a fine controller in the sense of how it works just wish they had made them more durable considering the price they are.

Anyone know if the rubber on the sticks is better on the v2 version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

EoinHef wrote: »
    Have to say the dualshock controllers are piss poor in terms of build quality,be buying my 3rd one over the weekend since i got the PS4. Between the rubber eroding on the sticks and the R2 button issues its pretty poor. Its a fine controller in the sense of how it works just wish they had made them more durable considering the price they are.

As soon as I got my controllers are felt them...curved middle...it was very uncomfortable. So I bought rubber caps that go on top of them.
    Got a load of diff color ones for about 60cent.
    Feel better, better grip too.

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=637877278

Yeah I seem to go through a fair few controllers too. On Battlefield 1 certain controllers wouldn't fire certain weapons (shotguns/snipers). There was a similar issue in BF4 (snipers) but I think that was a coding issue.
    I always have a minimum of two fully working ones.

I don't know myself how people go trow so many controllers?.

I am still using a 10 year old xbox 360 controller, 7 year old ps3 And I was using a day 1 ps4 controller for 3 years on to I got the pro.

And they would have been used heavy every single one of them and have been dropped countless times as well.

In the olden days I had been known to throw them at walls but that's a long time ago now. This is just general wear and tear. The two I'm using now I've had awhile tbh and the only issues were really with BF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My biggest compliment is the poor battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

emmetkenny wrote: »
    My biggest compliment is the poor battery life.

So much so that I either turn off vibration or set to lowest for every game I play. Every time the joypad goes mad, all I can thing of is the battery draining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Battery life on the v2 version seems much better but after two years of modest play both my controllers I bought when I got the machine have knackered padding on the left sticks. And that's with both having had caps on those sticks for a chunk of that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I think the issue with the rubber coming off the left stick was resolved with the CUH-1200 models, my original controllers both had the issue, but the two controllers I got with the CUH-1200 model have been fine nearly two years on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Xenji wrote: »
    I think the issue with the rubber coming off the left stick was resolved with the CUH-1200 models, my original controllers both had the issue, but the two controllers I got with the CUH-1200 model have been fine nearly two years on.

Is that the Ultimate Player Edition version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You can open a dual shock controller and switch the standard battery with a high capacity battery.

There are a few videos on YouTube to show how its done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I immediately replace the thumbsticks with Xbox One's, they fit no hassle.

Weirdly the battery life on my day one controller is miles better than it is on the one i bought about 2 years later. Both suffer from the rubber wearing and one of them also has the R2 issue. Very annoying in games running around randomly shooting!

Ive got the little rubber domes for both pads,ive tried two different types but i have to say im not a fan. One set were just terrible and feel like they move around on the sticks and the other set the texture on top of them feels a bit odd but there a bit better than the other ones.

Had looked at putting xbox sticks in but never got round to it. When i get the new controller i reckon ill change the sticks on my oldest one,if it goes bad ill still have two controllers.

Anybody got a link for the xone sticks at a decent price?

Weirdly the battery life on my day one controller is miles better than it is on the one i bought about 2 years later. Both suffer from the rubber wearing and one of them also has the R2 issue. Very annoying in games running around randomly shooting!

Ive got the little rubber domes for both pads,ive tried two different types but i have to say im not a fan. One set were just terrible and feel like they move around on the sticks and the other set the texture on top of them feels a bit odd but there a bit better than the other ones.

Had looked at putting xbox sticks in but never got round to it. When i get the new controller i reckon ill change the sticks on my oldest one,if it goes bad ill still have two controllers.

Anybody got a link for the xone sticks at a decent price?

Feck it just ordered these:

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/2-PS4-Black-Replacement-Thumb-Sticks-Xbox-1-One-Style-Analogue-Controller-/222066406765?nav=SEARCH

Apparently they're the business. I know I'm a bit late to your original query but from what I've seen first hand the new ds4's don't have the same issue with the rubber. It even feels much firmer to the touch than the original ever did. Battery is still diabolical though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody ever experience problems with their DS4 that it would like lock as you aim down the sites?. It happened me a few times before playing Battlefield but was months ago and I completely forgot until today. I was playing Destiny and when I aimed down it almost like locked in so I couldn't move or press anything, at one stage the aim was moving downwards itself or to the right (same thing that happened in BF).

I've never experienced these problems using the standard black controllers I got with my PS, this only seems to happen to the Blue one, it's the V2 version as well.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody ever experience problems with their DS4 that it would like lock as you aim down the sites?. It happened me a few times before playing Battlefield but was months ago and I completely forgot until today. I was playing Destiny and when I aimed down it almost like locked in so I couldn't move or press anything, at one stage the aim was moving downwards itself or to the right (same thing that happened in BF).

I've never experienced these problems using the standard black controllers I got with my PS, this only seems to happen to the Blue one, it's the V2 version as well.

Something similar used to happen to me when I got fallout 4 first. The controller would just lock up at times and I put it down to buggy Bethesda software. Turns out I had a lot of ol junk around the ps4 that messed with the Bluetooth reception. Maybe that's not your issue but it could be a good place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Something similar used to happen to me when I got fallout 4 first. The controller would just lock up at times and I put it down to buggy Bethesda software. Turns out I had a lot of ol junk around the ps4 that messed with the Bluetooth reception. Maybe that's not your issue but it could be a good place to start.

My PlayStation is on my desk with only my TV and a lamp, I do have deodorant cans in a shelf under it though, but I doubt they'd be causing these problems?.

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    My PlayStation is on my desk with only my TV and a lamp, I do have deodorant cans in a shelf under it though, but I doubt they'd be causing these problems?.

Nah wouldn't be that. I had a pair of airmax in front of my one.
    I'm stumped so, hope you get it sorted though. It's a pricey controller to be replacing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement