Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Update downloaded amd installed for me in rest mode so it can also install it without having to log on.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    This 340MB software update is looking like it'll take well over an hour on my 85MBps connection. Was really looking forward to an hour of Overwatch with the place to myself. Absolutely infuriating.

Cancel it and restart the download. Works wonders believe it or not. Some servers get under too much pressure when a new update comes out so just restart til you get a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I was thinking about picking up a cheap PS3 for the nephew and putting my account on there so he can play the games I've attached to my account. If I done this, would he be able to play using his own profile or would he have to use mine?. (I use a PS4 myself and have it set as primary)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for press-start to get stock back in? Seems they're all out of 50s!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I was thinking about picking up a cheap PS3 for the nephew and putting my account on there so he can play the games I've attached to my account. If I done this, would he be able to play using his own profile or would he have to use mine?. (I use a PS4 myself and have it set as primary)

He can download games using your account on the PS3, log out and back in as his account and the games will work. You dont have to set up primary PS3 like you do for the PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

nedd wrote: »
    He can download games using your account on the PS3, log out and back in as his account and the games will work. You dont have to set up primary PS3 like you do for the PS4

Awh sorted so, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Ha ha, I think so! Should go well for him given his attitude on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Did he deserve to get banned? That article is fairly light on details.

Did he deserve to get banned? That article is fairly light on details.

Whatever you do, don't ask him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Inviere

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't ask him.

I've not been following this so know nothing about it, but it's pretty dire to be locked out of content that you actually purchased. Whatever about being locked out of online gaming etc, but not for stuff you actually bought & paid for.

Basically, he asked why it might be that his account would be blocked, and people asked had he been abusive online or anything like that. He flipped, insulted many posters and was consequently and swiftly banned. Which leads me to believe he may have earned his ban on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Basically, he asked why it might be that his account would be blocked, and people asked had he been abusive online or anything like that. He flipped, insulted many posters and was consequently and swiftly banned. Which leads me to believe he may have earned his ban on PSN.

Sweet sweet Karma

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It doesn't matter if it's an account or system ban, you don't lose games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Varik wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if it's an account or system ban, you don't lose games.

Are you sure because a friend of mine lost all his digital games when Sony banned his account last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Are you sure because a friend of mine lost all his digital games when Sony banned his account last year

Why did he get banned?

Whats the terms and conditions around that? I'd imagine you could make a case that it's akin to sony coming around and taking all your disc based games from you. What ever about the guys terrible attitude and was likely rightly banned for abuse etc they shouldn't have the right to deny you access to content you paid for.

This is where it gets tricky , do you actually own the content or just a license that can be revoked for a breach for T&C you agree to :confused:

Why did he get banned?

His user name aparantly breached guidelines and some other players complained basically it included the words ouy kcuf :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Haha. This is the guy who called me a fool when i asked him pretty straightforward questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

His user name aparantly breached guidelines and some other players complained basically it included the words ouy kcuf :D

What? He's not allowed to show support for his football team from work, Kentucky Fried Chicken United? Disgraceful

• Advertisement

Yes, you can't lose them.

Yes, you can't lose them.

So if your account is banned you cannot even sign in anymore how do you recover your games? He spent hours onto support trying to get them back and no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Maybe the support person was someone he was a dick to on that thread. :pac:

So if your account is banned you cannot even sign in anymore how do you recover your games? He spent hours onto support trying to get them back and no joy

He didn't have the console he was on activated as primary, same thing happens when I play on my own none banned account on a console not set as primary.

Set as primary and then use another account. Only thing you can lose is PS plus games as you'd have to set up an new account to continue meaning you lose all the game before that subscription.

I doubt his time on to support was any more productive than the thread he got closed.

Support: Hello this is PlayStation supp....

Him: I WANT COMPENSATION OR I SUE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I dont get it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭FightingIrish

Any of you used plex on ps4 for an IPTV sub? It's quality

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

irishman86 wrote: »
    I dont get it :confused:

read it from right to left

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Is the PSN down?

He didn't have the console he was on activated as primary, same thing happens when I play on my own none banned account on a console not set as primary.

Set as primary and then use another account. Only thing you can lose is PS plus games as you'd have to set up an new account to continue meaning you lose all the game before that subscription.

I doubt his time on to support was any more productive than the thread he got closed.

Support: Hello this is PlayStation supp....

Him: I WANT COMPENSATION OR I SUE.

I'm talking about a Scottish friend not the lad who got banned on here also if he couldn't sign back into his psn account on the console he couldn't change it to primary/secondary then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is the PSN down?

Looks fine:
    https://status.playstation.com/en-ie/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement