Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Strange I can't log into the network or the store on the ps4, the store is also down when trying to use on my phone or laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Varik wrote: »
    He didn't have the console he was on activated as primary, same thing happens when I play on my own none banned account on a console not set as primary.

Set as primary and then use another account. Only thing you can lose is PS plus games as you'd have to set up an new account to continue meaning you lose all the game before that subscription.

I doubt his time on to support was any more productive than the thread he got closed.

Support: Hello this is PlayStation supp....

Him: I WANT COMPENSATION OR I SUE.

According to the article Sony deleted his profile from their servers, so all his licenses to them games went as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I imagine Sony are well protected by their often updated terms and conditions, which nobody reads......ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

As i stated in that thread and what he took offence to. He must have done something pretty serious if Sony deleted his profile from their servers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Strange I can't log into the network or the store on the ps4, the store is also down when trying to use on my phone or laptop.

No issues on my PC or PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is getting released on the 8th of August for €29.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was looking forward to that game for ages, but the price point is giving me a bad feeling it won't live up to expectations. From the previous footage, it looked every bit a full price game.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Was looking forward to that game for ages, but the price point is giving me a bad feeling it won't live up to expectations. From the previous footage, it looked every bit a full price game.

They aren't aiming for a full price triple A release, the full video has one of the developers speak at the end of the video asking people to support the game as they are aiming to bring back the mid tier game genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They aren't aiming for a full price triple A release, the full video has one of the developers speak at the end of the video asking people to support the game as they are aiming to bring back the mid tier game genre.

Yeah apparently the main reason for the price is that they said it'll be half the length of a regular AAA title, which is nice considering the price Sony set The Order at given its similar length. Going by all the dev videos, Ninja Theory look to have done a great job on this and there's a gap in the market for that mid-tier price level too. Still looking forward to it mostly but I was hoping for a full-length game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

gimli2112 wrote: »
    read it from right to left

Hhaha Im so stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Bought the 12 month subscription for Ps Plus last night and it hasn't extended the expiry date of my current subscription.

Should I contact Sony regarding this, or will it automatically kick in when my current sub expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Bought the 12 month subscription for Ps Plus last night and it hasn't extended the expiry date of my current subscription.

Should I contact Sony regarding this, or will it automatically kick in when my current sub expires?

No contact them I updated mine and it's updated my sub by 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hi all, I don't follow the PS4 community but Google has me confused so figured I'd ask here...

I have some old PS2 games that I'd like to play on my PS4. Some websites say it'd possible, others say it's now.

Is it possible? I really want to replay Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II but would rather not have to dig out the whole PS2 to connect it up for a single game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hi all, I don't follow the PS4 community but Google has me confused so figured I'd ask here...

I have some old PS2 games that I'd like to play on my PS4. Some websites say it'd possible, others say it's now.

Is it possible? I really want to replay Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II but would rather not have to dig out the whole PS2 to connect it up for a single game.

There PS2 classics that you can get on the store that play on the PS4 but a PS2 disk won't work.

No contact them I updated mine and it's updated my sub by 12 months

Will do cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Will do cheers man

Let us know if you get it. Sorted and wha was the cause if support tell you. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ended up ordering horzan zero dawn. Got it for 20 pound so about 25 euros posted from amazon. Hopefully it ends up living up to the hype.

Has anyone here played it in 4k ans hdr what's it like ?.

As ff15 is fantasic in hdr ans hope for the same kind if effect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Horizon was so much fun. But it desperately needs a follow up expansion. I heard there was one in the works but I never did any further research.
    I say you got your money's worth if you bought it for 20 squid.

I personally thought it was the best exclusive in a good while. Twas also my 2nd ever platinum trophy 🀓

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't see the option to buy it which is weird but Persona 3 Fes is on the ps2 classics section

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ERG89 wrote: »
    I don't see the option to buy it which is weird but Persona 3 Fes is on the ps2 classics section

Its playable on PS3, but I wouldn't know about PS4 :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2 things:

Is the charging cable for the Dualshock 4 some sort of specific proprietary connection or just some standard type of connection? My cable is acting up so I wonder if I can use something more generic?

Does the DS4 connect over Bluetooth or does it use some specific type of connection (the official wireless dongle for PC is like €20)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is the charging cable for the Dualshock 4 some sort of specific proprietary connection or just some standard type of connection? My cable is acting up so I wonder if I can use something more generic?

Standard type. My kids keep stealing my one but any cable will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

2 things:

Does the DS4 connect over Bluetooth or does it use some specific type of connection (the official wireless dongle for PC is like ?20)?

My DS4 cable fried recently. I ended up getting a cheap third party cable online which is probably doing more harm than good. Been using my phone charger to charge the controller without any issue for several months but have seen commentary that some "fast" chargers will burn out your controller.

Standard micro USB will work fine.
    Does the DS4 connect over Bluetooth or does it use some specific type of connection (the official wireless dongle for PC is like €20)?
    I believe it's bluetooth, but have heard reports of random disconnects, lag, etc. If you're connecting to PC, I think USB connection will work also.

I know you didn't ask, but on a (somewhat) related note, I'd be very careful charging your DS4 with a phone charger; it can wreck your battery. I think it's limited to the "fast" chargers, but not sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

We don't have any phone chargers of that type in our house, but thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The Dualshock will work over Bluetooth for PC fine for a lot of things, in steam games it set it up really well but sadly you need the official dongle to use a controller over Bluetooth with remoteplay on PC (USB works normally) a laptop with it built in or a non playstation dongle will allow the DS4 to connect but remote play won't see it.

Steam works great, pressing the home button also brings up steam big picture automatically.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Buy the dongle generic, saves all the hassle and the USB is Micro USB so any one is fine to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Buy the dongle generic™, saves all the hassle and the USB is Micro USB so any one is fine to use.

FYP

Guessing you didn't mean a generic dongle.

Let us know if you get it. Sorted and wha was the cause if support tell you. Best of luck

Got it sorted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement