Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

GameStop also doing the 12 month PSN subscription for 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

duploelabs wrote: »

That could explain why it's out on an unknown date in 2018 so.

I could only warrant a guess that if it was a typical remaster it could've been out this year. I'm excited for it.

I've heard folks say that people like me are lucky because I'm getting to experience it for the first time. I really missed out on it twice - both on PS2 and PS3. I always intended on getting it on PS3 but never did in the end, so PS4 looks like the one I'll get it for.

I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

duploelabs wrote: »

It being a remake was obvious from the look of it, remasters are the console equivalent of getting a new GPU and upping the settings in a game you already had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

JamboMac wrote: »
    GameStop also doing the 12 month PSN subscription for 35.

Mine is up in 3 days. Nice one !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Same price on PS store. Easier just to purchase it there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

EoinHef wrote: »
    Same price on PS store. Easier just to purchase it there

Even better. Not been on PS4 for a bit. I hate giving money to Gamestop anyway. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

My PS4 has just started flashing on screen "No microphone that you can use" it then flashes another message saying its changing to the microphone on the control.
    The thing is I dont use a microphone at all, any way to stop this message flashing as well Im sure you can understand its annoying while gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Never seen that before. Is it only on one specific game? Had some PS3 issues with accessories on one game last gen. Other than that I'd just look at the accessories menu and see if there was anything I could turn on or off.

irishman86 wrote: »
    My PS4 has just started flashing on screen "No microphone that you can use" it then flashes another message saying its changing to the microphone on the control.
    The thing is I dont use a microphone at all, any way to stop this message flashing as well Im sure you can understand its annoying while gaming

If you have a second joypad, does it happen with that one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

If you have a second joypad, does it happen with that one?

I didnt have one charged, so I went to bed and it was fixed when I turned it on this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have a decent set of Bluetooth headphones. Can they be connected to my PS4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

gimmick wrote: »
    I have a decent set of Bluetooth headphones. Can they be connected to my PS4?

Can't you try to connect them?
    Then you'll know.

If they connect, yes, if not, then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pretty straightforward answer. Dick answer too though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

F1ngers wrote:
    Can't you try to connect them? Then you'll know.

F1ngers wrote:
    If they connect, yes, if not, then no.

Terribly rude reply.

What type of headphones man, some can work kinda, but the official ones are a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gimmick wrote: »
    Dick answer too though

From a mod too, niice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Par for the course on Boards these days. People acting like you really put them out by asking a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've a set of plantronic backbeat pro that came with a usb dongle and they work on my PS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Grayditch wrote: »
    Par for the course on Boards these days. People acting like you really put them out by asking a question.

What was really wrong with the answer? Without having any specific information to go on, there's very little you can say. There's a wealth of information out there. Googling the make of the headphones and PS4 would be enough to give you the information you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What was really wrong with the answer? Without having any specific information to go on, there's very little you can say. There's a wealth of information out there. Googling the make of the headphones and PS4 would be enough to give you the information you need.

Exactly, people getting pissed off over nothing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will icey ever come to the European store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

The answer was very unhelpful, and came across as pretty rude.

Googling it would probably have been the best option in the first place, but you could say the same about half the questions on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tailgunner wrote: »
    The answer was very unhelpful, and came across as pretty rude.

The answer was as helpful as it could be given the amount of information provided. Maybe my sensitivity levels have dropped drastically over the years but I didn't think it was that rude. If people are being offended by that answer I think they need to spend some time away from their keyboards.
    tailgunner wrote: »
    Googling it would probably have been the best option in the first place, but you could say the same about half the questions on this thread.

Aye you could but usually there's a bit more information attached to the query - an error code or specific product - that others might have had experience with. Other people are then able to give their own personal feedback on what worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I doubt if anyone was offended, but I still thought it was rude. It would have been more helpful to ask for more info about which headset it was, or whatever.

I looked it up there out of curiosity, and it seems that bluetooth support on PS4 is limited to a few official and licensed headsets. Pretty lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, my Sony wireless headphones don't work. Poor form from Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah, my Sony wireless headphones don't work. Poor form from Sony.
    It's a balls alright. I've Bose QC35's and tried to connect them up but no dice.

The thing is I say there is no real technological compatibility issue, more like all devices but those with a specific Bluetooth codec are locked out from being used with the console. In other words, if you don't buy a PlayStation branded or 3rd party licensed product (from which Sony make money), then you can't use your audio device over the build-in Bluetooth channel.

The fact that some of Sony's own headphones don't even work with it is the real kick in the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Nailz wrote: »
    It's a balls alright. I've Bose QC35's and tried to connect them up but no dice.

The thing is I say there is no real technological compatibility issue, more like all devices but those with a specific Bluetooth codec are locked out from being used with the console. In other words, if you don't buy a PlayStation branded or 3rd party licensed product (from which Sony make money), then you can't use your audio device over the build-in Bluetooth channel.

The fact that some of Sony's own headphones don't even work with it is the real kick in the nuts.

Yeah, it's definitely locked down to force you to buy headsets. Typical of Sony really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

To be fair, Nintendo do this kind of carry on too and have for years by never using any type of "standard" connection for their peripherals.
    And Microsoft require you to opt-in to a type of propriety wireless signal completely individual to their platform.
    At least Playstation are using Bluetooth and not some weird IR craic.
    These problems are industry wide

Still cr@ppy about the requirements for a Dongle for a Headset over Bluetooth when the PS4 has the DS4 connect directly via built in Bluetooth, which of course takes up 50% of the standard USB ports too -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

To be fair, Nintendo do this kind of carry on too and have for years by never using any type of "standard" connection for their peripherals.
    And Microsoft require you to opt-in to a type of propriety wireless signal completely individual to their platform.
    At least Playstation are using Bluetooth and not some weird IR craic.
    These problems are industry wide
    Spot on. At the end of the day, the gaming industry isn't some form of nerd utopia based around pleasing the consumer 100% of the time; it's a business, and this means that people won't always get what they want. But as much as they don't like it, in many respects this mentality often results in the production of quality games, services, and hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

As I previously posted, these work on my PS4 so I'm presuming any usb dongle will if pre-paired before connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

FYI the Sony Playstation Headsets don't actually use Bluetooth at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement