Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

JamboMac wrote: »
    PS4 wired network speed is terrible at the minute, eir 100mb fibre wired. Only get 17 my download and 170kb upload no idea what happened other devices wirelessly getting faster speeds.

That doesnt sound good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

jonnycivic wrote: »
    That doesnt sound good at all.

Yep, couldn't connect to rocket league at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

JamboMac wrote: »
    Yep, couldn't connect to rocket league at all.

Have you rebooted your router etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If I bought a PS-Pro, can I just take the hard drive in my PS4 and stick it into it?
    I have a 2TB HDD in the PS4 which is 1TB full so far, transferring 1TB of stuff would be an undertaking

Will you be keeping both PS4s, or were you trying to get something off it before trading it in.

You can simply connect both PS4 to the same wired network and transfer between them (or connect the to the same wifi network and then wire directly between the PS4s), it's very fast and gives the option of what you want to transfer.

Do you want to have the 2TB in the PRo and do you still have the original 1TB from the standard PS4.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can he take his upgraded internal drive out, put it in an enclosure and plug it in externally to the Pro?
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yes but would need to get rid of the OS off the 2TB drive somehow.

Easy to wipe but he wants to keep what he has, there's no way to remove a HDD and only keep the games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Varik wrote: »
    Do you want to have the 2TB in the PRo and do you still have the original 1TB from the standard PS4.

I guess since I went through all the trouble of getting the 2TB one I wanted to keep using it. It's already full with 1TB of stuff.

If I do end up keeping both PS4s, I would only put a 500GB or the 1TB into the original PS4 as I'd just use that for my missus occasionally. I'd rather the Pro have 2TB

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Will you be keeping both PS4s, or were you trying to get something off it before trading it in.

You can simply connect both PS4 to the same wired network and transfer between them (or connect the to the same wifi network and then wire directly between the PS4s), it's very fast and gives the option of what you want to transfer.

Easy to wipe but he wants to keep what he has, there's no way to remove a HDD and only keep the games on it.

His 2tb is currently in his PS4, he wants to remove it and put it into the pro without losing data which isnt really possible without the use of an external hdd.

The problem lies with if I try to replace the 1TB with the 2TB, I need to have 1TB of space free on my PC :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The problem lies with if I try to replace the 1TB with the 2TB, I need to have 1TB of space free on my PC :o
    Do you have a 1TB external HDD lying about, or at least have someone you could borrow it from?

Edit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KWHJT7Q?ie=UTF8&tag=prie0f-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1634&creativeASIN=B00KWHJT7Q

There's one for ~€45 + shipping. Once you've used that to complete your update, you could then format it again and use it as additional storage on the PS4 as per the update earlier in the year. Giving you effectively 3TB of storage on your PS4. :D

For context, I done the exact same thing as you.
    I had 1TB filled on my 2TB HDD in the base model PS4, I then backed up everything onto a 1TB external HDD I had going spare, moved the 2TB HDD across to my Pro which was then wiped and formatted.
    I then loaded in the latest system update using a memory stick, then I plugged in my external HDD and restored my backup. Everything was as I left it on the base model (apart from the order of the icons on the home screen as it performs a DB rebuild), so I could continue on playing as usual without any further configuration. :)

Place the 1tb into your PC??

Nailz wrote: »
    Do you have a 1TB external HDD lying about, or at least have someone you could borrow it from?

I have more hard drives than I have sense. Just not sure which ones are blank etc. I get weirded out deleting stuff cause I'm a digital hoarder.

You never know when I'll want that Black and White 2 save file or those Sims 2 screenshots

• Advertisement

I have more hard drives than I have sense. Just not sure which ones are blank etc. I get weirded out deleting stuff cause I'm a digital hoarder.

You never know when I'll want that Black and White 2 save file or those Sims 2 screenshots

Great time to start organising your digital hoards so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Haha, I totally get what you mean man, I find it tough getting rid of these things as well.
    I got annoyed because I couldn't find myself and my brother's original PS1 memory card from ~20 years ago because I'm losing all the saves, even though I don't even remember my progress in any of the games I had! :pac:

I updated my post there with some info BTW.
    Nailz wrote: »
    Edit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KWHJT7Q?ie=UTF8&tag=prie0f-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1634&creativeASIN=B00KWHJT7Q

There's one for ~€45 + shipping. Once you've used that to complete your update, you could then format it again and use it as additional storage on the PS4 as per the update earlier in the year. Giving you effectively 3TB of storage on your PS4. :D

For context, I done the exact same thing as you.
    I had 1TB filled on my 2TB HDD in the base model PS4, I then backed up everything onto a 1TB external HDD I had going spare, moved the 2TB HDD across to my Pro which was then wiped and formatted.
    I then loaded in the latest system update using a memory stick, then I plugged in my external HDD and restored my backup. Everything was as I left it on the base model (apart from the order of the icons on the home screen as it performs a DB rebuild), so I could continue on playing as usual without any further configuration. :)

HAHAHAH Cause I totally don't have a PS1 Memory Card with my Hogs of War save file on it within arms reach HAHAHAHA-Hahahaha-ha-ha..... ha....

HAHAHAH Cause I totally don't have a PS1 Memory Card with my Hogs of War save file on it within arms reach HAHAHAHA-Hahahaha-ha-ha..... ha....

Pfffttt.... would you believe I actually found mine about 2 weeks ago and yes Hogs of War save file is still intact :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I guess since I went through all the trouble of getting the 2TB one I wanted to keep using it. It's already full with 1TB of stuff.

Do you have any existing external drives.

If all you have is a / Will have
    Pro 1TB
    PS4 2TB
    500GB internal lying around somewhere.

Easiest and quickest methods with only the 3 drives above you end up with either

A 1TB pro with a 2TB external drive (buy a enclosure) and a 500GB standard PS4. With the PRo having a full 1TB of games already on it and the 2TB acting as an external with a full 2TB to use (so the PRO ends up with 3TB in total)

Other option gives saves you downloading 500GB but you end up with a PRO with an internal 2TB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hmmm,just got and email from sony saying congrats for platinum in HZD and im now i can claim a free theme for the platinum,dont even own the game

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

EoinHef wrote: »
    Hmmm,just got and email from sony saying congrats for platinum in HZD and im now i can claim a free theme for the platinum,dont even own the game

Just got the same email. Don't own the game either. Checked my account security settings and nothing has changed. Must be an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Something must be up with Sony Trophy system. It sent me an email with a code for the Horizon theme because I platinum it. Never played the game.

Firewatch theme still better though.

So if you get a Pro, does it "upscale" all existing games to look "better"?

Also, what games actually utilise the 4K currently? HZD?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I know the ones I'm looking forward to playing are TLOU (you eejit :) ) , Battlefield 1 and HZD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There is a generic "boost" mode that can help framerates, depending on the game but really, games need to be patched by the developers to upscale.
    Comprehensive list on NeoGaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324251

Best thing to do is open your console, go into the ps store and click on 4K and it will show you a full list of 4K stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Dead By Daylight is one of the best games I have played on PS4 by a long shot... Although it is buggy in terms of organising parties and setting up matches and sometimes Survival Ranks being reset... It is absolutely mad fun, haven't stopped playing it since it got released... However, you need a good headset to make it feel better... I use the PS4 2.0 Headset and I am terrified when I come across The Hag's traps...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Whats the most fun game you guys have played recently ?

Also Micro Machines is out friday !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Having played Beach Buggy Racing to death I'm really looking forward to this although I can't seem to find out with there's local multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yakuza 0, most fun game I've played all in year!

The Golf Club 2 is out Friday as well, not even into golf but it looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

duploelabs wrote: »
    Having played Beach Buggy Racing to death I'm really looking forward to this although I can't seem to find out with there's local multiplayer

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/micro-machines-world-series-digital-pre-order/cid=EP4001-CUSA07400_00-MMCEMASTER000100

Says 1-4 players or 2-12 online

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

duploelabs wrote: »
    Well that's it pre-ordered so

Whats your PSN lads?

Mines:
    waveformIRL

Cant wait to give this a go later! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got some more laughably bad stats from sony there via email,,these things are so inaccurate!!

Its celebrating 7 years of PS+ i think

Says ive played 250hrs online and saved €7 for having plus as long as i have and redeemed 22 monthly games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement