Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

EoinHef wrote: »
    Got some more laughably bad stats from sony there via email,,these things are so inaccurate!!

Its celebrating 7 years of PS+ i think

Says ive played 250hrs online and saved €7 for having plus as long as i have and redeemed 22 monthly games.

It's actually only stats for the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Doge wrote: »
    Whats your PSN lads?

Mines:
    waveformIRL

Cant wait to give this a go later! :D

Don't think I'll be able to try it at midnight but nice to have it there in the morning.

Unevenivan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It's actually only stats for the last 12 months.

Ive a lot more hours online than that over the past 12 months. The rest of it makes more sense now though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone get their €5 credit for adding Paypal as the default payment method yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Anyone get their €5 credit for adding Paypal as the default payment method yet?

Nope, not yet.

Just waiting on my fiver so I can delete my paypal details :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dead By Daylight is one of the best games I have played on PS4 by a long shot... Although it is buggy in terms of organising parties and setting up matches and sometimes Survival Ranks being reset... It is absolutely mad fun, haven't stopped playing it since it got released... However, you need a good headset to make it feel better... I use the PS4 2.0 Headset and I am terrified when I come across The Hag's traps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Heads up for anyone who've their PayPal connected to their account

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/06/psn_accounts_struck_by_mass_paypal_chargeback

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Heads up for anyone who've their PayPal connected to their account

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/06/psn_accounts_struck_by_mass_paypal_chargeback

Cant access in work, any chance of the article itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Cant access in work, any chance of the article itself?

On mobile so idk if this will come up properly
    PayPal has launched a mass chargeback on what’s purported to be “thousands” of PlayStation Network transactions, putting many accounts in danger. The cause of the returned payments is unclear, but it means that many profiles are now technically in “debt”, which typically triggers Sony’s auto-ban feature. Not good news.
    We’ve heard from several people who’ve received “refunds” from PayPal relating to payments made on the PlayStation Store, so you’ll know that you’ve been affected if you have one of these emails in your inbox. According to Kotaku UK, the platform holder is already in close contact with PayPal as it attempts to investigate what’s going on.

If you do find yourself suddenly banned, then we wouldn’t worry too much – the blame here clearly lies with PlayStation and PayPal, so it’s not like it can be enforced. While the issues are investigated, though, you’re probably going to have to sit tight and hope for a swift resolution. We’ll update you if we learn any more.
    Of course, probably best to steer clear of PayPal payments and get yourself a PlayStation Network voucher from Amazon for the time being.

Edit: never mind they updated the article and said it's only UK customers.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Got some more laughably bad stats from sony there via email,,these things are so inaccurate!!

Its celebrating 7 years of PS+ i think

Says ive played 250hrs online and saved €7 for having plus as long as i have and redeemed 22 monthly games.

Jesus, Can't believe they released it in this form. Multiplayer doesn't work, at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanks hoggie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is micro machines worth the 30euro price tag?

Haven't given a full run through yet, particularly the local multiplayer, which is the main reason why I brought it

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

Have to say the games for PS4 have been overall crap. Seriously the best game ive enjoyed was Shadow of Mordor. Compared to the PS3 the overall game selection has been rubbish on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If anyone picks up The Golf Club 2, there is an online society setup called Boards.ie with the first tourney running this weekend. It's 40 online but the same price in Argos and Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Trying to decide the same myself. Reviews are mixed on metacritic so I'll hold off for a while until more reviews appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Lads apparently Paypal have been doing mass chargebacks on PSN purchases resulting in bans.

Someone on the psvr facebook group confirmed they were banned too.

It might be worthwhile buying top up vouchers from pcgamesupply for the time being...

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/06/29/psa-paypal-just-did-a-mass-chargeback-on-psn-transactions

Doge wrote:
    Someone on the psvr facebook group confirmed they were banned too.

Lads apparently Paypal have been doing mass chargebacks on PSN purchases resulting in bans.

It might be worthwhile buying top up vouchers from pcgamesupply for the time being...

Only affecting UK customers and I have it on good authority that the issue will be resolved and accounts returned in a short time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Syphonax wrote: »
    Have to say the games for PS4 have been overall crap. Seriously the best game ive enjoyed was Shadow of Mordor. Compared to the PS3 the overall game selection has been rubbish on the PS4.

If Shadow of Mordor was the best game you've played on PS4 then you haven't been playing the right games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Have to agree, Shadow of Mordor was grand and all but I got half way through the second area and got bored. It was just the same thing over and over, even the much hyped nemesis system grew boring after a while. Horizon Zero Dawn has been the best new IP on PS4 IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Nope, not yet.

Just waiting on my fiver so I can delete my paypal details :pac:

Any chance you (or anyone) got their €5 credit?

Was meant to be delivered between 28th and 30th but have received nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I got the fiver last night. Appeared as a notification on my PS4 menu, you accept by pressing X on the prompt in the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I got mine too! Was able to add it to my wallet using the PS app!

If Shadow of Mordor was the best game you've played on PS4 then you haven't been playing the right games.

Have played everything from Gran Theft, Prey, Bloodborne you name it and ive probably played it. Id probualy give Fall Out 4 number one as I love Bethesda games but overall very underwhelmed with the PS4 selection. Was hoping for Fight Night 5 as I still play FN4 on PS3 the odd time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Syphonax wrote: »
    Have played everything from Gran Theft, Prey, Bloodborne you name it and ive probably played it. Id probualy give Fall Out 4 number one as I love Bethesda games but overall very underwhelmed with the PS4 selection. Was hoping for Fight Night 5 as I still play FN4 on PS3 the odd time

If you haven't played the Witcher 3 you should.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Horizon Zero Dawn has been the best new IP on PS4 IMO.

It's terrible when autocorrect misspells Bloodborne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's terrible when autocorrect misspells Bloodborne.

Another classic retro haha.

Bloodborne is one of the worst new up a of this gen I tought it was a shocking boring game and I had more fun playing lords of the falling......

Horzan zero is perfect in every way the last time a new iP gave me the wow moments was the last of us on the ps3.

Horzan on the ps4 pro in 4k upskalled and HDR is magic on my 58 inch tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Bloodborne is one of the worst new up a of this gen I tought it was a shocking boring game and I had more fun playing lords of the falling......

I am one of the few people ( unfortunately) who actually enjoyed Lord's of the fallen, that being said no way is it up there with bloodborne or any of the souls games. It's a little worse in every area with the exception being narrative story BUT that's a matter of personal preference as many enjoyed soulsbourne tittles for the lovecraftian elements a big one of which is a rich universe that you have to search out to understand.some people think soulsborne games have no story or lore these people are fools.

Horzan on the ps4 pro in 4k upskalled and HDR is magic on my 58 inch tv

Are you judging games on how good they look too much?

It's a nice bonus but never been a big deal for me personally,I'd much prefer a solid playing game with good mechanics over a "prettier" game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I like Horizon but for my money Bloodborne makes the PS4 worth getting for me. Horizon and Nioh would be behind it. Horizon is a serious PS4 pro work out though. Definitely not uncharted. 4 bored the arse off me.

• Advertisement

If you haven't played the Witcher 3 you should.

Thanks for the suggestion, I havent played it. Ive played Skyrim loads and this looks similar but maybe not as good? I really like the elements of settlement building in Skyrim/Fallout 4, open world etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement