Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got a psn voucher to buy the escapists and when I went too scratch the code it wouldn't come off properly so now I can't use it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got a psn voucher to buy the escapists and when I went too scratch the code it wouldn't come off properly so now I can't use it :mad:

Call them, I used to work in Xbox and we used to get people to email in scans of stuff similar to what you describe, its then sent to another support team (bout 5 day wait) and they decide whether or not to honour it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I can't believe The Escapists is €18....I'll be waiting for a significant price cut so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Two new PS4 SKUs have been leaked ahead of E3. One version will have a 500gb HDD and the other a 1Tb HDD. The new versions will use less power and are 300 grams lighter but they are still the same size as the old console.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just picked up that 2tb HDD from a few pages back in Argos.
    Online it was showing at 99e, in store the same, but their magazine beside the online checker had it at a 79e so they honoured that price.

Very happy with Argos right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Argos lost my custom for a long while,when they wouldnt sell to people from the south in their stores in the north. Made my way up to get a TV and was refused,and when i asked why they said it was because they knew my accent was from the south so couldnt sell it to me! Needless to say i thought d**kheads and avioded them for a long while.

They do have some good offers when it comes to consoles and games lately though so may need to review my policy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Anyone having a problem with GTA 5 and the resume feature?

Whenever I put my PS4 into rest mode after playing and come back to it, it's trying to connect to GTA Online. I've no PS+, so I have to reset the game after the error, defeating the whole purpose of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

EoinHef wrote: »
    Argos lost my custom for a long while,when they wouldnt sell to people from the south in their stores in the north. Made my way up to get a TV and was refused,and when i asked why they said it was because they knew my accent was from the south so couldnt sell it to me! Needless to say i thought d**kheads and avioded them for a long while.

They do have some good offers when it comes to consoles and games lately though so may need to review my policy....

Surely that's illegal. The whole point of the EU is that there is free trade between countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There are demos for Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux coming tomorrow.
    Each trial contains nine whole chapters representing several hours of gameplay. If you reach the end of the trial and want to continue, you can unlock the full version and play on without interruption – you keep your game save!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/02/huge-free-trials-for-metro-redux-hit-ps4-today/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Psn is being an ass tonight for me , the store wont load properly or my friends list.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Surely that's illegal. The whole point of the EU is that there is free trade between countries.

Surpriseingly not so,i ended up going past newry to the next town where currys were more than happy to sell me a TV. Paid for in euro even,as it was nearly €1 for £1 at the time. So Argos were actually the only ones who lost out. It was in the papers and the news at the time,around 2008 i think

2tb ps4 up and running.
    Messed up a few things like syncing my trophies or backing up my game saves. But back into Far Cry4 with loads of space so happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Taltos wrote: »
    2tb ps4 up and running.
    Messed up a few things like syncing my trophies or backing up my game saves. But back into Far Cry4 with loads of space so happy days...

The HDD you got, which was it I couldn't see one matching the price. It was a external drive right, was the enclosure simple to remove (and re-usable) or did you need to force it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Most game news today is going to be overshadowed by Fallout 4 but this is great news too.

Rocket League out 7th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'm from the south and live in the north and never heard of anything like this and have bough tons of things in Argos including my PS4.....

Varik wrote: »
    The HDD you got, which was it I couldn't see one matching the price. It was a external drive right, was the enclosure simple to remove (and re-usable) or did you need to force it.
    It's this one
    Seagate External Portable 2 TB
    In store was 79.99 in the laminated catalogs, I also had a 10E voucher so got it for 69.99
    Online and the in-store price checker it showed as 96.99
    But the store honoured the price shown in the catalog that was on their stands - I took a screenshot just in case.

Removing it
    > Fiddly as hell - take your time as you will want to re-use the enclosure
    > Tools - small philips head, a small flat head and some old credit cards to work it loose. There are some online guides on YouTube, just be careful taking the small pcb off the end, you'll need it if you want to reuse the enclosure.

In terms of what to do with the new HDD - I used Sony's guide and downloaded the PSUPDATE file for NEW Installation, not the update one...
    I didn't have a HDD to do a full backup, but thems the breaks.
    Make sure you have all the files you need before you start as the PS4 won't be usable until you install the required file...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

tok9 wrote: »
    Most game news today is going to be overshadowed by Fallout 4 but this is great news too.

Rocket League out 7th July.

Going to be my GOTY, screw Fallout!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It's happening.

CGotSyfWcAAOuEv.jpg

No Golden Abyss though.

EDIT: Possible confirmation from Neil Druckmann

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/606361831905435648

"Well... that hit a few hours too early. See you in the AM. G'night y'all."

Great news - I replay these every so often and was missing my regular hit.

blag wrote: »
    I'm from the south and live in the north and never heard of anything like this and have bough tons of things in Argos including my PS4.....

Yeah i remember thinking this is ridiculous at the time.

What happened was the UK decreased VAT and Ireland increased VAT in 2008. And with currency being nearly €1 for £1 at the time shopping across the boarder could net savings up to 40% in some cases. Christmas 2008 was particularly manic with the masses heading to newry and the likes in droves,me included.

Argos told me that i could purchase the TV in their stores in the south and unless i could prove i lived in the north,utility bill or the like,they could not sell me the TV.

I remember Brian Cowen asking people to do there civic duty and shop in the south at the time,what a joke that was!

Sorry for off topic,just wanted to explain my comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Otacon wrote: »
    It's happening.

CGotSyfWcAAOuEv.jpg

No Golden Abyss though.

EDIT: Possible confirmation from Neil Druckmann

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/606361831905435648

"Well... that hit a few hours too early. See you in the AM. G'night y'all."

Awesome! So will the first one be remade or just upressed? The first one is a good game but it looks pants now.

I feel like I'm one of the few that loved GA on the vita. Would have loved a reworked version in this collection.

When y'all think it will be released? November? October? After e3? Better be on disc not just download.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Otacon wrote: »
    No Golden Abyss though.

No loss. It's a great technical showcase for the Vita but as a game it's fairly crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If they desperately want to include golden abyss at some point, they could add it as an expansion, like ODST for the MCC. Plus GA has no relevance to the admittedly vague uncharted continuity, the only character from the main games who shows up is Sully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Folks I have a question, has anyone here ever ordered games from wowhd? I ordered and paid for The Witcher 3 on the 16th of May and they still haven't even sent it out yet. I've emailed them and still no response.. Am I just unlucky or are they really as shyte as they seem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No loss. It's a great technical showcase for the Vita but as a game it's fairly crap.

It's a lot better than the first Uncharted though going by memory.

Anyway I'm not too bothered by that. I'm curious what the MP will be like. I never really got into the Uncharted MP due to my internet at the time but I love TLOU MP so I'd definitely be interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PlanetSide 2 is launching on the 23rd of June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Is that the American date 07.10.15, which means a 10th of July release here?

October 9th apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I don't mean to call you a liar here but.......... this can not be true!

"You want to buy this microwave? Sorry, you have a French accent. I can't serve you". Ridiculous!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement