Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've started it a couple of times, played short bursts and only as far as killing the first griffin.

I want to like it, but it just hasn't hooked me in. The clunky controls and combat put me off, think I need to find a day I can play for a lengthy session and give it a proper chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Just started Watch Dogs 2. Finished first game whenever it came out.

Found opening of the game has a lot of gameplay mechanics thrown at you. Started the Cybercrime mission very early in game and took ages to finish the car chase piece as I didn't have many research options completed to shake them. Got there in the end.

Good points to the game but some odd bits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Only complaint I had with the Witcher 3 was that I became over-levelled way too quickly just by doing most of the optional side-quests. At least half of the game was then just spent spamming attack with no fear of dying and is the reason why I haven't touched the DLC until I actually feel like a complete replay of the game from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody know what the "Other" is in Applications in System Storage? It's taking up nearly 6gb and I've no idea why or what it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody know what the "Other" is in Applications in System Storage? It's taking up nearly 6gb and I've no idea why or what it is.

Add on that are installed but the main game isn't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

From Reddit
    Other is usually reserved for the actual OS and update files. It may also include user settings and things like that. They don't let you access it cuz they don't want you to delete the OS

Ever since they made the internet I have all the answers

Actually should have read the posts after that one 'cos not everyone agreed with him.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Add on that are installed but the main game isn't?

Could be, anyway to check?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    From Reddit
    Other is usually reserved for the actual OS and update files. It may also include user settings and things like that. They don't let you access it cuz they don't want you to delete the OS

Ever since they made the internet I have all the answers

Actually should have read the posts after that one 'cos not everyone agreed with him.

If it was for the OS wouldn't everyone's been the same size or similar size? Seen one guy on Reddit and his was taking up 33gb's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is it capture gallery stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

maximoose wrote: »
    I've started it a couple of times, played short bursts and only as far as killing the first griffin.

I want to like it, but it just hasn't hooked me in. The clunky controls and combat put me off, think I need to find a day I can play for a lengthy session and give it a proper chance.

That is exactly as far as I got myself.

Maybe will give it another go sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

EoinHef wrote: »

Yeah I think it includes that stuff too actually. Other wouldn't be the OS as nobody has ever had access to the OS files on PS's before and they shouldn't have access to them either.

EoinHef wrote: »

Nope, that's got its own section.

Nope, that's got its own section.

Game add ons it is then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I don't have that folder at all.

Settings - Storage - System Storage - Applications

dudeeile wrote: »
    I don't have that folder at all.

Settings - Storage - System Storage - Applications

It's not a folder, if you go into applications and scroll down to the very end you'll see it, can't click into it or delete it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

It's not a folder, if you go into applications and scroll down to the very end you'll see it, can't click into it or delete it though.

Yep it's not a folder but I still don't have it. I scrolled through and also sorted by name, nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Those are part of the games themselves, they go up with DLC.

But wouldn't those get deleted when I delete the game itself? Or at least show up as part of X game in the applications.

I tried rebuilding database too incase it was some currupted items but no joy!

Does the current deal on PSN end tonight at midnight or tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Does the current deal on PSN end tonight at midnight or tomorrow night?

Tomorrow night

• Advertisement

Tomorrow night

Cheers, so will that PSNPrices have the prices of the next deals tomorrow anyone know?

Cheers, so will that PSNPrices have the prices of the next deals tomorrow anyone know?

Yep, I usually post a link in the PlayStation Bargains thread when they are live, usually before 8am

Yep, I usually post a link in the PlayStation Bargains thread when they are live, usually before 8am

Yeah noticed that alright, just wasn't sure if it's guaranteed to come uo every time before the sales.

Have 20 in the wallet, not sure if I'll pick up the Witcher or wait and see what the sale will bring :/

Yeah noticed that alright, just wasn't sure if it's guaranteed to come uo every time before the sales.

Have 20 in the wallet, not sure if I'll pick up the Witcher or wait and see what the sale will bring :/

I've noticed that psprices always updates at around 7 or 8 am on the day a sale happens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New deals tomorrow so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Any chance you (or anyone) got their €5 credit?

Was meant to be delivered between 28th and 30th but have received nothing.

I haven't gotten mine, I guess I gotta get in contact with support. I'm sure this will be a fun experience :p

New deals tomorrow so?

Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Thursday

No. It'll be tomorrow.

Sales in Europe always start on Wednesday as that's when the store is updated with new content

• Advertisement

Sales in Europe always start on Wednesday as that's when the store is updated with new content

You just told me the current sale ends tomorrow night at 12? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement