Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    You just told me the current sale ends tomorrow night at 12? :pac:

Yeah, there will be a new sale tomorrow, but the games that were on sale for the last 2 weeks will still be discounted until 10.59pm

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭wotausername

I just went into the PlayStation plus section on ps4 but some of it is in French, anyone know why?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah, there will be a new sale tomorrow, but the games that were on sale for the last 2 weeks will still be discounted until 10.59pm

Ohhhh I get you, never knew that. Always thought the next wouldn't start till the previous one ends.

I just went into the PlayStation plus section on ps4 but some of it is in French, anyone know why?!
    Happened here also. Spotted a few tweets about it, and also this thread on the PS forum (with this post in particular).

Basically, it's not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone have the Nancon controller? What are the buttons on the back like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Nancon controller? What are the buttons on the back like?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103568648

Would not recommend.

dudeeile wrote: »

Cheers had a read of that. The reason I was looking at the Nancon is because I prefer the Xbox layout for a controller.

The only other option I see is a Cronusmax Plus which will allow me use my Elite controller on the PS4 through some wizardry.

The Cronusmax is £50 and the Nancon can be bought from Amazon warehouse for £58 (I think you can get 20% off this week as well).

Cheers had a read of that. The reason I was looking at the Nancon is because I prefer the Xbox layout for a controller.

The only other option I see is a Cronusmax Plus which will allow me use my Elite controller on the PS4 through some wizardry.

The Cronusmax is £50 and the Nancon can be bought from Amazon warehouse for £58 (I think you can get 20% off this week as well).

It's not as ergonomic as as xbox contoller, I have no experience of the cronusmax but I'd still push ya in that direction, nacon just doesn't do it for me, I'm not the only one.

It's not as ergonomic as as xbox contoller, I have no experience of the cronusmax but I'd still push ya in that direction, nacon just doesn't do it for me, I'm not the only one.

It was more for the thumbstick position. Played my first FPS on PS4 this week and I hate the left thumbstick placement.

• Has anyone tested / feedback on the PS4 version of Killing Floor?
    Picked it up the other night on PSN. Already played it on PC a good while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Has anyone tested / feedback on the PS4 version of Killing Floor?
    Picked it up the other night on PSN. Already played it on PC a good while back.

Servers are goosed, whenever I tried all last month I could barely ever get into a game. Would take at least 10 minutes searching across multiple serves to get into a game, but when I finally did it played grand. Will definitely go back to it when the servers are sorted (might already be by now, haven't tried in about a week).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I actually like the Nacon controller, the only real issue I have with it is the sensitivity on the right thumb stick. I will be using my nacon mainly for OW tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I actually like the Nacon controller, the only real issue I have with it is the sensitivity on the right thumb stick. I will be using my nacon mainly for OW tho.

Have you tried editing the sensitivity by connecting it to a PC and using the profiles?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Otacon wrote: »
    Have you tried editing the sensitivity by connecting it to a PC and using the profiles?

Yeah but I havent messed around with it too much yet tbh. Its something I will get around to.

I know the quality won't be as good as the Elite but I'd put up with that. What are the buttons on the back like? It's hard to tell with the photos I saw online.

I know the quality won't be as good as the Elite but I'd put up with that. What are the buttons on the back like? It's hard to tell with the photos I saw online.

They are not too bad depending on the size of your hands. They arent really buttons, more so they are one U bend button, click one side for an action then slide a small bit to click the other etc. (Its a weird way of describing it tbh)

Hers a close up pic: nacon-pro-controller-3.jpg

They are not too bad depending on the size of your hands. They arent really buttons, more so they are one U bend button, click one side for an action then slide a small bit to click the other etc. (Its a weird way of describing it tbh)

Hers a close up pic: nacon-pro-controller-3.jpg

Ah so it's like two buttons on each side with a switch between. Press one side of the switch for X and one side for O (or whatever way you set it up).

£94.10 for the Sony Wireless Headset and Nancon Controller from Amazon. Seems a good deal.

Ah so it's like two buttons on each side with a switch between. Press one side of the switch for X and one side for O (or whatever way you set it up).

£94.10 for the Sony Wireless Headset and Nancon Controller from Amazon. Seems a good deal.

94 for both is an excellent deal, the PS headset is very good in fairness, if you are getting it then make sure you download the headset companion app to your PS4 and you can get custom profiles for some games in it etc.

I've clocked a lot of hours with my Nacon and have used it exclusively since I picked it up, I'm just waiting to make the switch off from it when I get buttons installed on the back of my DS4.

I will then take mine to cex and be very very glad to see the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I've clocked a lot of hours with my Nacon and have used it exclusively since I picked it up, I'm just waiting to make the switch off from it when I get buttons installed on the back of my DS4.

I will then take mine to cex and be very very glad to see the back of it.

Where are you getting buttons installed on the DS4?

The left thumbstick on my Sharq Controller is starting to go. It's now very difficult to sprint on games like Call of Duty, where you need to click the left thumbstick to sprint. The paddles, triggers and the other buttons are still pretty much perfect though even after a year of heavy use.

But I can't keep playing with a dodgy left stick so I need a new one.

• Advertisement

jamescd wrote: »
    Where are you getting buttons installed on the DS4?

The left thumbstick on my Sharq Controller is starting to go. It's now very difficult to sprint on games like Call of Duty, where you need to click the left thumbstick to sprint. The paddles, triggers and the other buttons are still pretty much perfect though even after a year of heavy use.

But I can't keep playing with a dodgy left stick so I need a new one.

I'm fitting my own, I have all parts except the switches and caps. For thumbsticks just use amazon or ebay, I install xbox one sticks in all of mine.

I'm fitting my own, I have all parts except the switches and caps. For thumbsticks just use amazon or ebay, I install xbox one sticks in all of mine.

Would you mind posting a few pics when you do it please?

Would you mind posting a few pics when you do it please?

Can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Since when are there PS4 games on PlayStation now?

Was that announced at some point, looks to be new.
    Killzone Shadow Fall
    Saint’s Row IV Re-Elected
    WWE 2K16
    Tropico 5
    F1 2015
    Evolve
    Dead Nation Apocalypse
    Helldivers
    Resogun
    Heavy Rain
    Tearaway Unfolded
    Counterspy
    Shadow of the Beast
    Alienation
    Escape Plan
    Everybody’s gone to the Rapture
    Broken Age
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Castlestorm Definitive Edition
    God of War III: Remastered
    Super Mega Baseball
    Ultra Street Fighter IV
    Hardware: Rivals
    This War Of Mine: The Little Ones
    Day Of The Tentacle Remastered
    Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments
    Dungeons II
    Back To Bed
    Pure Chess
    Pure Pool
    Olliolli
    Stick It To The Man
    Blood Bowl 2
    Super Stardust Ultra
    Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
    Nidhogg
    Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
    MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
    Farming Simulator 15
    Tour De France 2016
    Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
    Grand Ages: Medieval
    Pure Hold’em World Poker Championship
    Q*bert: Rebooted
    Fluster Cluck
    The Last Tinker: City of Colors
    Velocibox
    Whispering Willows
    Kickbeat Special Edition
    Battle Worlds Kronos
    Legend Of Kay Anniversary

Edit:
    I know we can't get it, at least without a workaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Varik wrote: »
    Since when are there PS4 games on PlayStation now?

Was that announced at some point, looks to be new.

Edit:
    I know we can't get it, at least without a workaround.

It was announced today :pac:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/06/ps4-games-added-to-ps-now-library-hits-500/

Anyone else having slow dashboard response the last few days? Some of my messsages haven't been loading for the last 2 days on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, awful lag going between settings, messages, games, etc.

Yesterday I had horrible time logging into PSN on the PS4, it took about 15 minutes but after that all was well.

Messages on the app are working but again pretty slow. On the PS4, I can see I have a new message, get the preview but nothing new in the message itself until the next message arrives.

• Advertisement

Messages on the app are working but again pretty slow. On the PS4, I can see I have a new message, get the preview but nothing new in the message itself until the next message arrives.

Man your PS4 is bugged by MI5 :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement