Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The only trophies I've left to get in that is in multiplayer which is brilliant. Tempted to get it again just for the multiplayer. Some great matches with lads on here in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anyone any recommendations for some multiplayer games to play with the better half?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Anyone any recommendations for some multiplayer games to play with the better half?

My own better half and I love playing Rocket League together. If it's couch co-op you're thinking of, I don't think you can do much better than Overcooked, the best of fun and can often lead to an argument :pac:

A game that's not intentionally multiplayer or co-op, but is pretty much perfect for couples playing together is Until Dawn! Just sit together in a dark room, take turns on the controller but make decisions together, so enjoyable! The fact it has all of those stereotypical teen horror tropes really adds to it as well :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Nailz wrote: »
    My own better half and I love playing Rocket League together. If it's couch co-op you're thinking of, I don't think you can do much better than Overcooked, the best of fun and can often lead to an argument :pac:

A game that's not intentionally multiplayer or co-op, but is pretty much perfect for couples playing together is Until Dawn! Just sit together in a dark room, take turns on the controller but make decisions together, so enjoyable! The fact it has all of those stereotypical teen horror tropes really adds to it as well :D

You old romantic, you!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Nailz wrote: »

I know I go on about it but Beach buggy racing is good for some mariokart shenanigans, also Rayman has a co-op mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mustn't have been online with the Vita since enabling 2 step verification. Christ it's frustrating trying to get on. There's something up with the psn web page and it won't let me generate a device password. It's difficult to follow at the best of times. I give up.

Tried any of the many (many, many) LEGO games? They can be a good laugh.

Other than that, Mrs. Wilfinity is a big fan of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Diablo III.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I played Never Alone with my gf, we enjoyed it.
    My gf never usually plays games but it was easy enough for her to get used to.

Its an average enough game, some of the controls can be a bit annoying but its a nice looking puzzle platformer & a bit educational at the same time.

It was a free PS+ game a couple years ago, I wouldn't really recommend paying too much for it though.
    Give it a go if you still have it in your library from when it was free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Its been mentioned already, but I'd second Rayman. Harmless fun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Cheers for the suggestions folks. Went with overcooked and have until dawn downloaded since it's free on ps+. Overcooked definitely leads to arguments :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Well if you're ok with causing the odd argument every now and then, can I suggest Towerfall Ascension as a very effective divorce instigator. It was a PS+ game a while back so you might already have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got a beta code for NHL 18 and it gave me an extra one for a fwend. It's 18gb download but anyone want it? First come first serve.

Edit: code has gone to a new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm picking up my new gaming headset tonight, primarily so I can play The Last of Us in DTS 7.1 surround sound glory. What other games are out there that have the best sound design?

I've always found the sound in Battlefield games amazing, Destiny although that may relate more to the background music, Horizon Zero Dawn and I always go mental when the credits roll in Borderlands 2. Wolfenstein The New Order also.
    TLOU for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm picking up my new gaming headset tonight, primarily so I can play The Last of Us in DTS 7.1 surround sound glory. What other games are out there that have the best sound design?

What headset did you go for, am looking to get one myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Turtle Beach Stealth 520p. Was reduced in Argos last week but I missed out annoyingly but managed to get it for £89.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Stealth-Wireless-Surround/dp/B01JS3F79I

I picked it up from Parcl Motel at lunch and it is now plugged into my PS4 charging and awaiting my return home from work. Come on 4.30pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Got Horizon last week and was in and out of it up until today. I'm hooked now! Great game so far. Only thing is I have an old ****ty LCD TV that does it no justice. I'll have to upgrade I reckon.

Platinum in GTA 3 today. Did 100% twice back in the day amazing I could still remember the cheat codes and my way around the city like it's a road I've drove for 15 years :D

Platinum in Until Dawn too today, killing everyone was actually fun especially Ashley. There is a great guide fro the collectibles and 100% in 1.5 playthroughs over on playstationtrophies.org

Onto Salt & Sanctuary now !!! Loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Onto Salt & Sanctuary now !!! Loving it.

Super game. Could never kill the last boss though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys quick question about cloud saves on PlayStation. I know you need PS Plus to be able to use the feature (for some crazy reason) but my PlayStation is set as my brother's Home PS4 so I can play his games. He has PS Plus.

When I log in with my account I can play online but I can't seem to use the cloud save feature. Is this right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

would you be crazy to buy a slim PlayStation these days over a pro?

i very nearly bought a pro today but the lack of any deals whatsoever put me off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dunworth1 wrote: »
    would you be crazy to buy a slim PlayStation these days over a pro?

i very nearly bought a pro today but the lack of any deals whatsoever put me off

Unless you have a 4K tv, no need to get a pro - I say that as a pro owner(no 4k tv).

I got a slim back in March when Argos had the Horizon Zero Dawn + a second controller offer , as said unless you have or plan to get a 4k display soon then a good deal on a slim isn't a waste especially if you are buying just to play exclusives which many wouldn't have 4k support anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone ever ordered Psn credit of GameStop?

Waiting awhile for it to be emailed over.

That stuff should be nearly instant I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

F1ngers wrote: »
    Unless you have a 4K tv, no need to get a pro - I say that as a pro owner(no 4k tv).

thing is i have a 4k tv

I have a pro and a 4k tv. totally worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dunworth1 wrote: »
    thing is i have a 4k tv
    gimli2112 wrote: »

There you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone looking forward to Monster hunter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

gimli2112 wrote: »

I've the OG and Pro and no 4K. There's more of an advantage to the Pro than simple resolution. Not to mention the benefit to VR.

• Advertisement

I ran the pro for a few weeks on my old tv and picture looked a bit sharper but I didn't mess round with any of the settings or anything. When I set up the 4k tv the difference in some games was literally jaw dropping.
    Battlefield 1 for example. Horizon looks gorgeous but it already was. Even older games like TLOU and Borderlands 2 just looked much better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement