Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Doom Is free to play for the weekend, and all of its MP DLC's are now free to anyway who has the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

My controller was repaired yesterday in the UK repair centre and they sent it off for a holiday in Belgium before coming back to me :mad:

Dying to play MWR :(

Im thinking of buying Turtle beach 800 headphones from Amazon Warehouse deals, anyone buy headphones from Amazon Warehouse before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

F1ngers wrote: »
    There you go.

pulled the trigger and bought a pro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dunworth1 wrote: »
    pulled the trigger and bought a pro

I just have to buy a 4K tv to justify buying a pro. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Any good deals about for a console slim/pro? are prices likely to drop soon?

so setup my pro last night and played some horizon zero Dawn
    looks great plays well

but one thing are the fans supposed to spin up really loud at times is that normal? its not enclosed in anything its sitting on top on my tv stand under the tv
    i'm used to the Xbox being practically silent just want to make sure that its normal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dunworth1 wrote:
    but one thing are the fans supposed to spin up really loud at times is that normal? its not enclosed in anything its sitting on top on my tv stand under the tv i'm used to the Xbox being practically silent just want to make sure that its normal

Nope mine is fairly quite all the time and it's pushed back against a wall so not great airflow.

Doesn't sound good if it's a new machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

mine's quite quiet too and I'm playing HZD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Tried Skyforge for a bit last night,pretty decent have to say. Be playing a bit more of it

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    mine's quite quiet too and I'm playing HZD

I think I'm ok now it seems to have settled down

actually when I got the Pro first it did something weird a few times. When I started the system via the controller it went straight into rest mode maybe 2 or 3 times. This freaked me out particularly when I couldn't find the receipt but it seems to have settled down now.

is there a ps4 community for boards?

dunworth1 wrote: »

There is one that I know of (created by Gamer7746), but it's not very active. Last post was 27th May.

There's also Irish Gamers Community created by BordorFox, which is more active.

I've invited you to both.

There is one that I know of (created by Gamer7746), but it's not very active. Last post was 27th May.

There's also Irish Gamers Community created by BordorFox, which is more active.

I've invited you to both.

cheers

Im thinking of buying Turtle beach 800 headphones from Amazon Warehouse deals, anyone buy headphones from Amazon Warehouse before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Can't speak for headphones but I bought a PS4 and it was perfect. The only defects were to the outer packaging and they were minor. The contents were untouched. There will be a description of the condition of the headphones and their packaging to help you make a decision.

dunworth1 wrote:

Mostly message groups for individual games like overwatch destiny borderlands battlefield etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Saw this and thought it's a good option to help with any PS Pro's getting hot and having the fans go a bit wild

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Megadream-External-Temperature-Playstation-Controller/dp/B06XGC1LCD/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1501580451&sr=8-7&keywords=ps+pro

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Saw this and thought it's a good option to help with any PS4's getting hot and having the fans go a bit wild

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Megadream-External-Temperature-Playstation-Controller/dp/B06XGC1LCD/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1501580451&sr=8-7&keywords=ps+pro

Does your Pro get that hot?

Mine isn't very noisy, I find these yokes usually do more harm than good to be honest, once the fans aren't blocked there should not be an issue or need for a product like this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I don't have a Pro :(

... yet

you're like my brother, always talks himself out of getting a gadget on the basis the next big thing is just around the corner or he might get a better deal. You'll probably buy the Pro the day PS5 launches and play TLOU on the X-box 14

Can't speak for headphones but I bought a PS4 and it was perfect. The only defects were to the outer packaging and they were minor. The contents were untouched. There will be a description of the condition of the headphones and their packaging to help you make a decision.

Yeah, I saw one or two people say that before so I was hoping Id get unused headphones. I already checked out the descriptions but couldnt make out if they were used or not...
    Used - Like New
    The item may come repackaged. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yeah, I saw one or two people say that before so I was hoping Id get unused headphones. I already checked out the descriptions but couldnt make out if they were used or not...

The description on mine was Used - Good and made references to deep scratches on the product. These turned out to be scratches on the box (it was also missing it's outer light cardboard sleeve) but everything inside was immaculate and untouched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Now TV app has appeared for me on the TV menu.

I have Sky Go, I assume there is nothing extra on the Now TV app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Finally picked up Inside. Between that and Doom marathons lately I really need to start playing something very bright and lighthearted :D Crikey!

Got farpoint vr today with the aim controller. very good fun, was way more accurate that i thought it would be, first real proper vr game, makes me excited for where it can go in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Got farpoint vr today with the aim controller. very good fun, was way more accurate that i thought it would be, first real proper vr game, makes me excited for where it can go in the future.

It's good for a couple of hours, but Jesus Christ it's the most repetitive game possibly ever. You like those four enemy types? Well get used to them.

Finally picked up Inside. Between that and Doom marathons lately I really need to start playing something very bright and lighthearted :D Crikey!

I hear ye. I've been playing The Last Of Us, breaking that up with Doom. Nothing like raping a few demons to break the sombre mood of the infected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm trying to play through The Last of Us on Survivor difficulty. It's very, very tense especially with my new gaming headset but it's almost too hard because of the lack of resources. I wish there was a difficulty in between where the infected were as tough, as sensitive to sound and with as good eye sight as they do on Survivor, and you don't have the super hearing ability but that you get almost as many resources as you do on Hard.

It's going to take forever to complete it I think!

Interspersing that with Doom which is great fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement