Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I finished TLOU on Survivor, it was very very tense. You'd nearly cry with joy when you found a piece of cloth in a drawer. Found it quite stressful and not sure if I was enjoying it while playing but was delighted I did. You need to play it different from Normal eg. running through areas where you can, no listening mode etc. When I completed it I ran a normal play-through just to relax.
    Subsequently they introduced a harder Grounded mode in the DLC. Not sure I'll be able to bring myself to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

I there's a trick to survivor and grounded. When I played I noticed that I came across ammo more frequently when I had none left than if I had a few rounds. It's almost like the game won't let you have no ammo.

Good luck with the sewers section.

Evade wrote: »
    I there's a trick to survivor and grounded. When I played I noticed that I came across ammo more frequently when I had none left than if I had a few rounds. It's almost like the game won't let you have no ammo.

Good luck with the sewers section.

I'm sure this is true and yet you still try to horde ammo like nobodies business.
    The two scenes I always dread are
    - the shed where you're fighting off infected with David
    - the David fight in the restaurant (once I get this over I feel home free)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah the game does give you resources if you have none of them but will need them. I'm loathe to fire a shot though. The bit I'm dreading is actually the shoot-out at Joel's brothers place which always drains my ammo right down anyway.

I'm playing it so differently than I normally would. Just had the bit in the museum just after
    Tess
    is killed and usually I take down all the enemies, infected and otherwise. This time I just snuck by as many people as I could and when I saw the exit to the outside just bombed straight to it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd forgotten about that part it's pretty tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That's one of the toughest parts of the game. Took me about an hour a few weeks ago on hard. I'm assuming you'll still get plenty of ammo on Survivor for that though.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That's one of the toughest parts of the game. Took me about an hour a few weeks ago on hard. I'm assuming you'll still get plenty of ammo on Survivor for that though.

There's generally a bucket load of pickups when you get there but I honestly can't remember on Survivor. Prepare for pain however and you're unlikely to be disappointed. It's not so much that part it's even the couple of scenes before it.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    You do get an infinite use weapon,
    Ellie's knife
    , that can let you cheese it a bit.

oh and last time I checked only 1.2% of ppl had the Survivor trophy so don't give up Beefy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You do get an infinite use weapon,
    Ellie's knife
    , that can let you cheese it a bit.

I don't think eating cheese is really appropriate when you're being attacked by a horde of infected…

• Advertisement

I don't think eating cheese is really appropriate when you're being attacked by a horde of infected…
    Gotta keep your strength up.

Gotta keep your strength up.

I suppose if you do it Caerphilly, you'll be alright.

Edam, that pun was cheesy…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Definitely the toughest part for that trophy. Spent a nice bit of time on that section.

I do think TLoU without listen mode is a better experience too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I had done Survivor mode straight after clearing the game, was absolutely class! the shed bit took multiple retries alright but eventually got there. Still have 2 trophies missing on that to get the platinum, fecking multiplayer trophies!

they're the two I'm missing and they can go feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd PS4, but I'm unsure of a couple of things

I want a 2nd one for my own use for when I'm away at college this year, the one I have would stay at home mainly for my brothers use and my own when home at long weekends/holidays. If I was to buy a game on the PS Store, Fifa 18 we'll say, would I be able to play it on my PS4 in Sligo for college at the same time my brother would be playing the same game at home? Or would we have to buy individual copies of the game

Could we both be playing online also? Either in different games or the same one. If I'd have to buy 2 copies of certain games or a 2nd PS Plus sub then another PS4 would be costing me too much, the joys of a younger brother who relies on you for his gaming you could say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just a PSA. Clean out your vents on your PS4 before the moment you regret that you didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I finished TLOU on Survivor, it was very very tense. You'd nearly cry with joy when you found a piece of cloth in a drawer.

:pac:

Deedsie wrote: »
    I have it 100% complete with the platinum. The headphones really helped on Grounded plus difficulty. The hotel basement was a pain in the butt. Eventually got there. Worth it for the platinum :-)

I sold my PS4 last year but think I'll pick a ps4 pro up in January. There are finally a few more games I am looking forward to playing.

You don't have to complete Grounded for the platinum, it came with the DLC. Nonetheless you have my respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Does anyone know the best price for a years PSplus at the moment?

Is €49.99 the best for the Irish PSN?

Would be very appreciative if anyone knows.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

rejkin wrote: »

Thanks

Yep pretty much thats the best price at the minute.

rejkin wrote: »

Thanks

€47.99 in Argos.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Sorry you are right, it was 2015 so I forgot. I wanted to complete it 100% so I said bring it on :)

Really want to play grounded just to say I've done it but seriously not sure I can put myself through it. Is it much worse than survivor?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I have the last of us sitting here unopened since I got my PS4.

Must give it a go .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

very tempted to pick up the killing floor at €15 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I have the last of us sitting here unopened since I got my PS4.

Must give it a go .

"It was then that Lucas realised, that the love of his life had been beside him the whole time."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

dunworth1 wrote: »

is this the MP game that was free recently on plus? A lot of people complained they couldnt get into a game.

sweetie wrote: »
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    is this the MP game that was free recently on plus? A lot of people complained they couldnt get into a game.

Yeah, was free in June. Looks like good fun too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is it possible to get the NBA league pass app on PS here? Ive looked for it in the store but its not available, but on the NBA website it says that PS4 is supported.

Unless its region blocked?

• Advertisement

424067.png

So looks like the next firmware update will be pushing PlayStation Now... can't be arsed with that.

Kind of mixed messages from Sony here... you've Jim Ryan downplaying older games, yet the vast majority of PSNow games are PS3 titles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement