Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

gimmick wrote: »
    Is it possible to get the NBA league pass app on PS here? Ive looked for it in the store but its not available, but on the NBA website it says that PS4 is supported.

Unless its region blocked?

It's not region-blocked but they won't have put it through certification, etc, over here. You'd need to create a US profile and download from their store. I had the NFL Gamepass PS4 app running perfectly last season that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It's not region-blocked but they won't have put it through certification, etc, over here. You'd need to create a US profile and download from their store. I had the NFL Gamepass PS4 app running perfectly last season that way.

I have an US account.

If I buy a non US NBA pass sub, can I use it in the US profile?

I don't know, but it worked fine on the NFL app. I even had access to the live games which weren't available on the US Gamepass subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I just don't understand why/ how they are offering another subscription service for games when we already have PS Plus? Whats the deal? You'd have to be quite silly to go for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had to Wiki PS Now to see what it's all about. Currently, it's basically pay US$44.99 to play PS3 games for 3 months, as far as I can see.
    Never before has the phrase "WTF" been more appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

What's the story with having multiple profiles? if you downloaded it using a US Profile would you be able to run it from your Irish profile afterwards?

You can have as many profiles as you like on your PS4 and anything downloaded on one should be available on the others. I've an Irish, UK and US account so I can access all three stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Doom is still free to play for me, was suppose the finish Monday :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd PS4, but I'm unsure of a couple of things

I want a 2nd one for my own use for when I'm away at college this year, the one I have would stay at home mainly for my brothers use and my own when home at long weekends/holidays. If I was to buy a game on the PS Store, Fifa 18 we'll say, would I be able to play it on my PS4 in Sligo for college at the same time my brother would be playing the same game at home? Or would we have to buy individual copies of the game

Could we both be playing online also? Either in different games or the same one. If I'd have to buy 2 copies of certain games or a 2nd PS Plus sub then another PS4 would be costing me too much, the joys of a younger brother who relies on you for his gaming you could say

If you put the home one as your main console then you can play on the one in Sligo and the brothers at home at the same time

Even though I was very sceptical about it, I finally gave into the praise Horizon ZD keeps getting on here, hope it lives up to the hype now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

irishman86 wrote: »
    If you put the home one as your main console then you can play on the one in Sligo and the brothers at home at the same time

Well that's a relief, 6 weeks to find some bargains on PS4s and a TV so

irishman86 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a 2nd PS4, but I'm unsure of a couple of things

I want a 2nd one for my own use for when I'm away at college this year, the one I have would stay at home mainly for my brothers use and my own when home at long weekends/holidays. If I was to buy a game on the PS Store, Fifa 18 we'll say, would I be able to play it on my PS4 in Sligo for college at the same time my brother would be playing the same game at home? Or would we have to buy individual copies of the game

Could we both be playing online also? Either in different games or the same one. If I'd have to buy 2 copies of certain games or a 2nd PS Plus sub then another PS4 would be costing me too much, the joys of a younger brother who relies on you for his gaming you could say

If he does this, does it mean his home PS4 can play PS Store games offline, but for the Sligo PS4 it will need to be signed in to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

What's the going rate for a 2nd hand PS4?

I've a 500 gb PS4 that isn't getting much use lately

If he does this, does it mean his home PS4 can play PS Store games offline, but for the Sligo PS4 it will need to be signed in to play?

What ever console is set to primary can be played offline, the one that isn't will need a internet connection to verify the licences to the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What ever console is set to primary can be played offline, the one that isn't will need a internet connection to verify the licences to the games.

Between the regular broadband and the backup of tethering off the phone here's hoping an internet connection won't ever be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Belt wrote: »

probably go for 150ish

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Belt wrote: »

where are u based?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So I just had the problem where the PS4 ejected a disc by itself, followed by a few beeps. Rebooted and fed the disc back in and all seems to be fine now, but did anyone ever find a solution for this in case it's a recurring problem?

Between the regular broadband and the backup of tethering off the phone here's hoping an internet connection won't ever be a problem

It doesn't matter how good/bad the connection is, just once the PS can connect to PSN every 15 mins or so to verify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

martyos121 wrote: »
    So I just had the problem where the PS4 ejected a disc by itself, followed by a few beeps. Rebooted and fed the disc back in and all seems to be fine now, but did anyone ever find a solution for this in case it's a recurring problem?

I had the same. It is dependant on the generation of PS4 you have. The eject switch contact goes to the bottom of the system. I raised the PS4 off the surface using 2 pencils along its depth on each side and it stopped that. You might get some vibration but a bit of moving of the pencils can stop that. Rubber pads on each legs might be a better solution.

• Advertisement

Playing The Order 1886. This is decent enough story wise game play wise though it's getting in the way of a good story. I'd call this the PS4's Quantum Break for that reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Playing The Order 1886. This is decent enough story wise game play wise though it's getting in the way of a good story. I'd call this the PS4's Quantum Break for that reason.

The Order was expected to be huge, I think the hype killed what might have been a decent title, raising those expectations.
    Quantum Break is still sitting on the shelf, way too much to play before that gets played.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ItsHoggie wrote: »

I was only looking at the Midnight Club games on my shelf the other day, remembering what good fun they were, and the Midtown Madness games that Angel Studios made before them, all good, though somewhat overshadowed by the GTA series later on, unfairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Every single day I get an e-mail from Playstation asking me to reset my password with the link in the e-mail.

The e-mail is legit, and it's one of those "Ignore for 24hrs if you did not request this and it'll expire" jobs - but it's constant. Someone is clearly trying to access my account.

Does this happen to anyone else? I don't know if I can do anything to stop it really, or if even ringing Sony support would be worthwhile?

I'd definitely call them. Do you have two-step verification in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'd definitely call them. Do you have two-step verification in place?

I think I do. Is it an app like an authenticator or just a phone number?

It's where they text you a code whenever you log in from a new location. So if someone does somehow manage eventually to go by your password they won't be able to do anything unless they also somehow had your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If I were you I'd set up two-step verification first, then change the email address attributed to your PSN account. It's most likely that your email has been compromised in another hack and whoever's acquired that data are chancing their arm with the email address and password they received from that hack.

If that was the case then the likelihood is you already do this; but always try and use different passwords for different online accounts, especially if you store payment information or hold assets (e.g. games) on those accounts. But 2SV/2FA is an absolute must nowadays, not having it enabled will lead you into trouble sooner or later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Apologies if this is the wrong thread . Just looking for some advice . Im going to trade my PS4 in to get the PS4 Pro. I am just wondering should I wipe all my information off the PS4 before I trade in, or what would people advise?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement