Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the wrong thread . Just looking for some advice . Im going to trade my PS4 in to get the PS4 Pro. I am just wondering should I wipe all my information off the PS4 before I trade in, or what would people advise?

I thought that would go without saying. Seriously, why would you leave any information relating to you on something you're trading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Apologies if this is the wrong thread . Just looking for some advice . Im going to trade my PS4 in to get the PS4 Pro. I am just wondering should I wipe all my information off the PS4 before I trade in, or what would people advise?

Why wouldn't you wipe it? Make sure you deregister it as your primary/home console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I've no credit card details or anything like that saved on it. Just update to games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've no credit card details or anything like that saved on it. Just update to games etc.

You have your profile on the console.

Absolutely wipe it. And deactivate it as your primary. And make sure you backup screenshots, saves, etc.

How to Factory Reset Your PlayStation 4 [How-To-Geek]

Also, just curious, why not get the PS4 Pro first, then do a system transfer PS4 -> PS4 Pro? (I'm guessing you need the trade in value to actually get the Pro.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Absolutely wipe it. And deactivate it as your primary. And make sure you backup screenshots, saves, etc.

How to Factory Reset Your PlayStation 4 [How-To-Geek]

Also, just curious, why not get the PS4 Pro first, then do a system transfer PS4 -> PS4 Pro? (I'm guessing you need the trade in value to actually get the Pro.)

Cheers for that Pal. Yeah I'm trading it in against the new one. I don't have too much saved on it anyway. Cheers for your help lads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Every single day I get an e-mail from Playstation asking me to reset my password with the link in the e-mail.

The e-mail is legit, and it's one of those "Ignore for 24hrs if you did not request this and it'll expire" jobs - but it's constant. Someone is clearly trying to access my account.

Does this happen to anyone else? I don't know if I can do anything to stop it really, or if even ringing Sony support would be worthwhile?

I was getting that.
    Turned out there were three other accounts, based in the Balkans, that were piggybacking on my PSN account quietly for about a year.
    Using a PC check your Sony Network status and those accounts linked to it.
    I had to call their contact number to sort it out, which amounted to changing passwords to prevent further access.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Every single day I get an e-mail from Playstation asking me to reset my password with the link in the e-mail.

The e-mail is legit, and it's one of those "Ignore for 24hrs if you did not request this and it'll expire" jobs - but it's constant. Someone is clearly trying to access my account.

Does this happen to anyone else? I don't know if I can do anything to stop it really, or if even ringing Sony support would be worthwhile?

Follow up on this.

I rang Sony support and apparently it is an automated system for inactive accounts, where you get spammed to change your password to force you to ring support.

I answered a bunch of questions and verified my credentials and it's apparently resolved now.

Completely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Was playing Splinter Cell Blacklist on the 3 today wondering is the similar type games available on the 4. Too lazy to look myself.

I've played MGSV & Deus Ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was playing Splinter Cell Blacklist on the 3 today wondering is the similar type games available on the 4. Too lazy to look myself.

I've played MGSV & Deus Ex.

What type of game is it, I'm too lazy to look it up for myself and I'll tell you?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NBA Live 18 demo on the PSN store now

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/nba-live-18-demo/cid=EP0006-CUSA08562_00-NBALIVE18DEMOEAS

After NBA Live 17 was cancelled, EA has had a bit of time to rebuild their game to compete with the NBA 2K series. The Demo contains Story Mode 'The One' that you can import into the full game, regular game, online and practice modes. There is a companion app on the android/apple to go along with career mode, even scan your face to put it on your created character in the demo/full game.

Also, looks like you get a 33% discount if you preorder the game ($40 instead of $60). Beats preorder missions/skins any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    NBA Live 18 demo on the PSN store now

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/nba-live-18-demo/cid=EP0006-CUSA08562_00-NBALIVE18DEMOEAS

After NBA Live 17 was cancelled, EA has had a bit of time to rebuild their game to compete with the NBA 2K series. The Demo contains Story Mode 'The One' that you can import into the full game, regular game, online and practice modes. There is a companion app on the android/apple to go along with career mode, even scan your face to put it on your created character in the demo/full game.

Also, looks like you get a 33% discount if you preorder the game ($40 instead of $60). Beats preorder missions/skins any day.

So they've pretty much just copied everything 2K did last year? :pac:

I'll definitely have a look at the demo though, enjoying 2K17 the odd time I do play it but competition from EA is great, we might see two great basketball games in the one year for the first time since 2006.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

martyos121 wrote: »
    So they've pretty much just copied everything 2K did last year? :pac:

I'll definitely have a look at the demo though, enjoying 2K17 the odd time I do play it but competition from EA is great, we might see two great basketball games in the one year for the first time since 2006.

It also doesnt have custom drafts for franchise which would turn me off it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah apparently light on Franchise features which is fine by me as I only ever touched My Career in 2K and it looks like Live is doing a good job of that, especially with how you level up your player gaining XP. With 2K, you'd start as a ****ty 55 rated player with very slow levelling up and 2K would be licking their lips watching everyone buy VC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah apparently light on Franchise features which is fine by me as I only ever touched My Career in 2K and it looks like Live is doing a good job of that, especially with how you level up your player gaining XP. With 2K, you'd start as a ****ty 55 rated player with very slow levelling up and 2K would be licking their lips watching everyone buy VC.

Doesnt take all that long infairness to get up to 80ish
    By the all star game I was past that level
    Franchise is what I put my hours into, I used to love MyCareer but Spike Lee ruined it, then they followed it up with the bull**** OJ nonsense and a bunch of random videos that you have no decisions in
    In short MyCareer is nothing to do with you, you pretty much have no control over anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    What type of game is it, I'm too lazy to look it up for myself and I'll tell you?
    :)
    I'll play your little game Gim

It's a 3rd person stealth game. Tried Ghost Warrior 3. Didn't enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'll play your little game Gim

It's a 3rd person stealth game. Tried Ghost Warrior 3. Didn't enjoy it.

Dishonoured or Hitman are as close as I can think.

Nailz wrote: »
    If it's couch co-op you're thinking of, I don't think you can do much better than Overcooked, the best of fun and can often lead to an argument :pac:
    shanec1928 wrote: »
    Cheers for the suggestions folks. Went with overcooked .... Overcooked definitely leads to arguments :pac: :pac:
    Went out and bought Overcooked after these two posts. It can be a tad frustrating, but great fun all the same.

Also got into Just Cause 3 again; bought it at release and traded it after a few weeks. It's actually quite fun, but the odd time I'm reminded of why I traded it.

Enemy spawns and health are ridiculous.

Loading screens... it's not that they're overly long, it's just there are so many of them. But they are vastly improved since the initial release. (Framerate was also improved.)

But my biggest problem is the challenges. Ugh. Some of them are just plain annoying, especially the driving ones because the vehicle handling is woeful (motorbikes in particular). I wouldn't bother with them, except for some ridiculous reason upgrades are tied to completing the challenges. Bugs me that retrying the challenges requires a full reload instead of just resetting the challenge itself.

But like I said, in spite of all that... the game is actually quite fun. Especially the main story missions.

• The frame rate is atrocious also. Even after 5 patchs. Such a shame as the game is quite enjoyable .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is this normal for certain games? UC4 used to do it but it's being awhile and this is louder. I thought the thing was going to take off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

RasTa wrote: »
    Is this normal for certain games? UC4 used to do it but it's being awhile and this is louder. I thought the thing was going to take off

Jesus is that a Pro? That's damn loud reminds me of my launch PS4. Is it on all games or just UC4?

Aye, some games not all. That was Horizon. I'm thinking it might be to do with storage, seems to quiet down with the door opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Aye, some games not all. That was Horizon. I'm thinking it might be to do with storage, seems to quiet down with the door opened.
    You shouldn't have it in a closed cabinet unless you're trying to bake it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

How much distance is there between the back of the cabinet and the PS4? My guess is there isn't adequate ventilation causing the cpu temp to rise causing the fans to ramp up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

That's why my ps4 is in the living room and my table, chair, monitor etc are in the dining room. They're ****ing stupid loud. Mines a launch model. Surprised it's lasted this long if I'm honest.

It's a pro. There are two large circular holes in the behind, but I'll move it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Someone had to say it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Move the Pro toward the front of the cabinet to allow more air flow at the back. The cabinet is not the problem as it's a big space.

I would either...
    1/ bring the PS to a garage and blow out the air vents with an airline.
    2/ backup your info and do a hard reset.

If it's still the same, then think about either bringing it back or opening and repasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Be very careful using a garage air line to do this. Fair chance you'll be blowing quite a bit of moisture through your PS4 as well as air. Most industrial or commercial compressors will not have any sort of filter or moisture trap on them.
    In fact a garage air lines will often be used in or around a big tank of water used to detect leaks in tubes or tyres.
    So just be careful if you do this, personally I wouldn't, either use a moisture trapped compressor (they're actually not that expensive and a really handy thing to have around) or buy a can of compressed air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Using a garage air line on your playstation?!?

I've heard it all now folks.

I've a little dent on the right hand side of my PS 4, better crack out the sledgehammer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement