Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

James74 wrote: »
    Be very careful using a garage air line to do this. Fair chance you'll be blowing quite a bit of moisture through your PS4 as well as air. Most industrial or commercial compressors will not have any sort of filter or moisture trap on them.
    In fact a garage air lines will often be used in or around a big tank of water used to detect leaks in tubes or tyres.
    So just be careful if you do this, personally I wouldn't, either use a moisture trapped compressor (they're actually not that expensive and a really handy thing to have around) or buy a can of compressed air.
    +1

Many air line compressors have a built-in tank that collects water from the environment also; they should be drained regularly but I can imagine that most garages do not do this as often as they should, if ever.

Their primary use would be for pumping up tyres and other mechanical applications, and hardly ever for cleaning consumer electronics, so I wouldn't use one within a garage for that very reason. If you were to get a hold of a suitable air compressor though, obviously don't blow it at full blast, play it safe at 15 psi and that would do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'll give it a blow with the bicycle pump first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

James74 wrote: »
    Be very careful using a garage air line to do this. Fair chance you'll be blowing quite a bit of moisture through your PS4 as well as air. Most industrial or commercial compressors will not have any sort of filter or moisture trap on them.
    In fact a garage air lines will often be used in or around a big tank of water used to detect leaks in tubes or tyres.
    So just be careful if you do this, personally I wouldn't, either use a moisture trapped compressor (they're actually not that expensive and a really handy thing to have around) or buy a can of compressed air.

While it is true what you say... I have used this method for years now without any problems on consoles and pc's. I let the air line blast for a few seconds to blow out the initial air.
    I just leave the device stand for a few hours in the room before starting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is it still within warranty, because that is ridiculously loud, worse than my day one PS4, sounds like fan might not seated properly even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Is Little Nightmares worth getting for 12.99?

The complete edition is 19.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Is Little Nightmares worth getting for 12.99?

The complete edition is 19.99

I've played a good bit of it and it's very good. Some what the hell moments as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

RasTa wrote: »
    Aye, some games not all. That was Horizon. I'm thinking it might be to do with storage, seems to quiet down with the door opened.

Actually I would be going back to Sony about that Noise I have a Pro and it's very quite! If you search youtube you will find plenty of other Pro's that loud which is not normal. I would say to them it seems to be overheating and you're worried it might go faulty and start a fire, that will usually get them to repair or replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got email for System software update version 5.0 Beta
    Beta Features

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just got email for System software update version 5.0 Beta
    Beta Features

Got one of them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, just got the beta invite as well. I like the custom groups for the friends list so you can sort by game but I think making groups for each game is more efficient, will have to give it a look see. Also, muting notifications while you are watching videos, tv, netflix, etc is a huge welcome!

Herea are the features:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/08/17/ps4-system-software-5-00-features-detailed/

• Advertisement

I have 2 codes to the 5.00 beta, 1st to request them gets them.

Edit: both gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

yes if still there

curryman wrote: »
    yes if still there

Pm sent to maximoose and curryman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

While it is true what you say... I have used this method for years now without any problems on consoles and pc's. I let the air line blast for a few seconds to blow out the initial air.
    I just leave the device stand for a few hours in the room before starting up.

It was only yesterday I used the compressor on the PS4 ,came back in and plugged it in,no problema:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

2 beta keys here as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Varik wrote:
    2 beta keys here as well

If you have one going I'll take it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I've a spare code too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'll take a code if anyone has one spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I'll take a code if anyone has one spare.

Pm sent to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Have 2 spare codes too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jiggaman

Hey Jasper79,

I'd be grateful of a code if you're offering?

Jiggaman wrote: »
    Hey Jasper79,

I'd be grateful of a code if you're offering?

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Hi jasper, any chance I can have the second one please, if it's still there.

riggerman wrote: »
    Hi jasper, any chance I can have the second one please, if it's still there.

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I've a code if anybody wants it, just pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Thanks Jasper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I didn't know Hellblade was a budget release or whatever, I'll have a go at £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think it's just very short, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think it's just very short, right?

It took me about 8 hours to finish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement