Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Xenji wrote: »
    PlanetSide 2 is launching on the 23rd of June.

That game is picking some awful release times. I got the beta code the day night before the Witcher came out and now it's releasing the same day as Batman.

Out the 7th October here and 9th October in the states.

I don't particularly like it being called the Nathan Drake Collection but I think it's interesting that it is called that.

Gives the impression that the series may continue after Nate's story arc is complete with a new protagonist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I don't mean to call you a liar here but.......... this can not be true!

"You want to buy this microwave? Sorry, you have a French accent. I can't serve you". Ridiculous!

Weather you believe it or not thats up to you mate. Im just recounting what happened. When i could not provide proof of address they would not sell me a TV,how did they come to ask me where i was from?

One can only presume it was my accent as they immediately asked me where i was from after i talked to one of the sale assistants indicating i wanted to buy a TV.

And yes,i also thought it was ridiculous as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

tok9 wrote: »
    Out the 7th October here and 9th October in the states.

I don't particularly like it being called the Nathan Drake Collection but I think it's interesting that it is called that.

Gives the impression that the series may continue after Nate's story arc is complete with a new protagonist.

9th here, 7th in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PlanetSide 2 is launching on the 23rd of June.

Have they added any kind of group search yet like on pc or is it still ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

EoinHef wrote: »
    ...When i could not provide proof of address they would not sell me a TV...

You're either a bit off the mark here or perhaps it might have been a member of staff that was applying the "rules" incorrectly. I worked in Currys in Sprucefield, Lisburn, and we used to get loads of people from the south up buying TVs. We were meant to ask for an address for every customer that bought any type of TV receiving equipment (TV, Satellite box, tuner card for a PC etc), even cash sales. This info was then forwarded on to the TV Licence crowd. Folks with a southern ID didn't have to give those details but there was never a problem selling them a TV. And even without ID you would always have just bluffed it. Maybe you got a bit of a jobs-worth in that Argos that was a bit over zealous with the paperwork.

We actually wayyyy back in the day we had a specific list of dual UHF/VHF TVs that were suitable for certain areas in the south depending on where you received your signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

It's a lot better than the first Uncharted though going by memory.

Anyway I'm not too bothered by that. I'm curious what the MP will be like. I never really got into the Uncharted MP due to my internet at the time but I love TLOU MP so I'd definitely be interested in it.
    Dunno why the first uncharted gets the worst ranking, its atmosphere and story was better than the 3rd. Plus the 3rd was in the uncanny valley, I thought. Drake's eyes were feckin horrific in the last one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its probably aged a wee bit, not bad by any stretch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cal_fi

Anyone have an idea how much replacing the disc reader on a PS4 would be? (no warranty left)
    I presume it's easiest to get it done via Sony CS?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

James74 wrote: »
    You're either a bit off the mark here or perhaps it might have been a member of staff that was applying the "rules" incorrectly. I worked in Currys in Sprucefield, Lisburn, and we used to get loads of people from the south up buying TVs. We were meant to ask for an address for every customer that bought any type of TV receiving equipment (TV, Satellite box, tuner card for a PC etc), even cash sales. This info was then forwarded on to the TV Licence crowd. Folks with a southern ID didn't have to give those details but there was never a problem selling them a TV. And even without ID you would always have just bluffed it. Maybe you got a bit of a jobs-worth in that Argos that was a bit over zealous with the paperwork.

We actually wayyyy back in the day we had a specific list of dual UHF/VHF TVs that were suitable for certain areas in the south depending on where you received your signal.

Interesting,weather it was that shop assistant in that instance i dont know. Maybe there was a misunderstanding regarding the "rules".

Funnily enough it was Currys that i went to in the next shopping centre and they sold me a TV with absolutely no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Cal_fi wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea how much replacing the disc reader on a PS4 would be? (no warranty left)
    I presume it's easiest to get it done via Sony CS?

All PS4s are still under warranty with Sony. None are on the market long enough yet, even the launch day consoles are still under warranty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All PS4s are still under warranty with Sony. None are on the market long enough yet, even the launch day consoles are still under warranty.

Under warranty under Irish and EU law. The contract though is with the retailer and it might take some coercion and a threat to go to the small claims court to get them to do something about it but definitely worth doing.

Ya I don't mean to say Uncharted is a bad game but I think it's okay.

2 was just an incredible leap in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Cheers to all who advised getting Driveclub, a good arcade racer, not a petrol head so a game that requires some, but not too much, commitment suits me fine. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Cheers to all who advised getting Driveclub, a good arcade racer, not a petrol head so a game that requires some, but not too much, commitment suits me fine. Thanks again.
    I enjoy it a lot. Sort of instant short-term fun. As opposed to the long-term satisfaction you get from mastering a car/track in Project Cars. Good games for different moods.

I'm looking forward to the forthcoming F1 game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ya I don't mean to say Uncharted is a bad game but I think it's okay.

2 was just an incredible leap in the right direction.

I really liked the first one when it was released. I remember importing it from the US because I was so desperate at the time for anything to play on my PS3. It definitely had it's flaws and can see how it could have aged badly. Grenades were unusable and the respawning of enemies got ridiculous at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

mickstupp wrote: »
    I enjoy it a lot. Sort of instant short-term fun. As opposed to the long-term satisfaction you get from mastering a car/track in Project Cars. Good games for different moods.

I'm looking forward to the forthcoming F1 game.

For €25 driveclub is a bargain. Will be picking up F1 when it comes out as well, giving Project Cars a skip tho, wudnt have time it requires to get good at it. Least I know most of the F1 circuits from older versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

There have been 4 new patches for Driveclub in the last week, bringing it up to version 1.17, most of these are community requests and adding more content to the game, Evolution Studios have really gone above and beyond, they are looking to adding even more content next week and have no intention of just letting the game rot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There have been 4 new patches for Driveclub in the last week, bringing it up to version 1.17, most of these are community requests and adding more content to the game, Evolution Studios have really gone above and beyond, they are looking to adding even more content next week and have no intention of just letting the game rot.

They are still setting up the ground work for the free version,it's not in the bin yet but seeing as the full game is €25 I don't see that point in it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Driveclub is the best season pass Ive ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

All I want to make it a perfect game is private / closed online line play rooms.
    thats it, no more.

So there are a few Boards text chat rooms that were set up are these disappearing for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Quick Final Fantasy XIV question:

Can I pay the monthly sub using PSN credit? Do I also need PS Plus?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Quick Final Fantasy XIV question:

Can I pay the monthly sub using PSN credit? Do I also need PS Plus?

Can I pay the monthly sub using PSN credit? No, some subscription services on PlayStation required a CC as they're recurring but I don't think this is one of them. Played DC universe and that should be the same so credit is fine just make sure you turn renewal off after so it doesn't buy it later and eat your credit in a months time

Do I also need PS Plus? No

Varik wrote: »
    Can I pay the monthly sub using PSN credit? No, some subscription services on PlayStation required a CC as they're recurring but I don't think this is one of them. Played DC universe and that should be the same so credit is fine just make sure you turn renewal off after so it doesn't buy it later and eat your credit in a months time

Do I also need PS Plus? No

Cheers! Do GameStop sell prepaid cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

They do indeed. €20 and €50 PSN pre-paid cards. They may sell one of lower value too (€10?) but I'm unsure about that one.

millgate1 wrote: »
    They do indeed. €20 and €50 PSN pre-paid cards. They may sell one of lower value too (€10?) but I'm unsure about that one.

FFXIV Cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

millgate1 wrote: »

They do have 10 psn credit and 5 as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement