Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Anyone get the Lost Legacy yet? Turns my Pro into a jet engine. At first i thought it was the initial disc spinning but it's constant. I have to use a headset while playing to drown it out.

I have the digital on a launch PS4 and it has it's moments for certain scenes but it's far from constant, different hardware so take from that what you will.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finishing up uncharted 4 atm , will get stuck in lost legacy then.

Bought the handsome collection on sale this week , this is the 3rd time I've bought them, had them on 360 and Xbox One and on the 360 I put 1000's of hours in . I can already feel myself thinking about working towards builds on my characters and making mules on a second profile :(

Bought the handsome collection on sale this week , this is the 3rd time I've bought them, had them on 360 and Xbox One and on the 360 I put 1000's of hours in . I can already feel myself thinking about working towards builds on my characters and making mules on a second profile :(

Just curious, why did you buy it on the Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

That's because he probably had the XB1 before he got a PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone got any suggestions for cleaning a ps4 for dust. I've seen lots of people say they use a hoover to the sides and it's fine. Others open it up and get in at the fan with compressed air. Anyone here got any ways of successfully cleaning their ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone got any suggestions for cleaning a ps4 for dust. I've seen lots of people say they use a hoover to the sides and it's fine. Others open it up and get in at the fan with compressed air. Anyone here got any ways of successfully cleaning their ps4?

brush the vents and then use a can of compressed air you'd get from a electronics store. Don't use a hoover, if it shorts any board the static will fry it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

DeSelby83 wrote: »

If your near Dealz they sell small cans of compressed air for 1.50 also get a small brush lik a tooth brush and brush the side intake grills.
    If it's a launch model and fans sound like a rocket there isn't much you can do I had one stripped it down to the motherboard cleaned everything and put proper thermal grease on the APU and it didn't help with the fan noise although it functioned fine.

Only got a PS4 in March

Got it on Xbox One when it came out played it with an imported save from 360 which meant I had OP8 level characters and the very best gear. So really I had little to do other then play for achievements which also turned out to be easy as most popped as soon as I loaded the game.

On PS4 I'm enjoying starting from scratch, but with knowledge of how to make the best of the crap gear I find on NG.

Plus online is a hell of a lot more active than xbox it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Everybody's Golf, Yakuza Kiwami & the start of the new season of Life is Strange this week. Good week for fans of niche releases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like there is a demo for Knack 2 on Irish PSN store for anybody interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

ERG89 wrote: »
    Everybody's Golf, Yakuza Kiwami & the start of the new season of Life is Strange this week. Good week for fans of niche releases

Ya, I've Everybody's Golf pre-ordered & pre-loaded!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got Yakuza today, have LIS preordered and very close to pulling the trigger on Everybody's Golf. 40 on the PSN is a bit much as I have my hands full for the time being but it's 25 pounds on The Game Collection (27 euro) so that's really tempting. I loved that series back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Had both Yakuza and Everybody's Golf arrive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Physical releases of The Nonary Games and Zero Time Dilemma are coming out next month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Looks like there is a demo for Knack 2 on Irish PSN store for anybody interested

Wait and see they will unleash a R&C beater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Have Yakuza 4 or 5 on the PS3 is it worth giving it a bash? Or is it just the PS4 ones that are good?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Have Yakuza 4 or 5 on the PS3 is it worth giving it a bash? Or is it just the PS4 ones that are good?.

I went too quickly through Yakuza 4 but I enjoyed it. I have played probably 75% of Yakuza 5, played most of the side quests, well worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is there an everybody's golf thread?

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I went too quickly through Yakuza 4 but I enjoyed it. I have played probably 75% of Yakuza 5, played most of the side quests, well worth playing.

Might give it a go when I finished up the backlog on my 4 so.

• Advertisement

Just scrolling through the store there on my phone and noticed a section for 'Film' nothing in there when I click in but maybe it's a sign Sony are finally releasing movies/tv shows in Ireland

Downloaded that last night. Bland, really really bland. Was the first like that?

• Downloaded that last night. Bland, really really bland. Was the first like that?

First one was ****e also.
    Certainly have a knack of making bad games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Downloaded that last night. Bland, really really bland. Was the first like that?

Agreed. It felt painfully average. Nothing in it to annoy me but absolutely nothing that made me want to play it again.

The epitome of a 5/10 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Had Kiwami, UC: Lost Legacy and Crash remastered arrive today!

Gonna be fun :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Had Kiwami, UC: Lost Legacy and Crash remastered arrive today!

Gonna be fun :D

They'll keep ya going till christmas anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fecks sake.

X-COM: War of the Chosen
    Rainbox Six: Blood Orchid
    PES 2018

All dropping on 12th. What do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Trying to make it through be start of Everybody's Golf is painful. It's like I just ate a family size bag of Japanese Skittles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J Mysterio wrote:
    X-COM: War of the Chosen
    Rainbox Six: Blood Orchid
    PES 2018

PES demo is up on the store now. Has a decent selection of teams too but Neymar is still at Barca; front & centre in the demo art :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Until Dawn is the most enjoyable game ive played in a long time
    I have lost enthusiasm for gaming recently but this has caught my attention big time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement